Page 9 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Eyes on Plays Final Fantasy II!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

man I was afraid I hadn't saved it, but I did!

It's kinda interesting to try and play this for the first time without using the cancel/select bug on purpose xD (sometimes I'm just really indecisive about what actions to take xD) I realize now why spells are cast so late. Besides taking longer to prepare, this way you can avoid wasting all your mp if you cast a spell that doesn't get played until after the battle ends xD

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

I need to know this right this very second; You said that their is a "base equipment" challenge in which you can only buy the first set of armour/weapons from the first town. HOWEVER I need to know, for the sake of my current challenge if this includes temporary characters. Right now the next character I'll get, Gordon, will have significantly better equipment than was available from the starting town. Will I need to de-equip him of his better stuff and use the starting town stuff to still be in the running to complete that challenge?
    There is no signature here. Move along.

20 new pages right here.

I'm at the part where the airships mate.

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    I need to know this right this very second; You said that their is a "base equipment" challenge in which you can only buy the first set of armour/weapons from the first town. HOWEVER I need to know, for the sake of my current challenge if this includes temporary characters. Right now the next character I'll get, Gordon, will have significantly better equipment than was available from the starting town. Will I need to de-equip him of his better stuff and use the starting town stuff to still be in the running to complete that challenge?
    Dude, I already answered this the last time you asked it xD
    http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ml#post2465086
    They can use whatever they came with

@enkida; you didn't happen to make it to mysidia to get the change spell when you went on your lvl1 world tour, did you? xD

Holy crap, my magic is growing with the number of creatures (or players) it's targetted at. I just gained four ranks in heal after targetting the entire party to cast it on instead of just one person :OOOOOO

*awestruck*

I hope this isn't a nestopia bug like my crazy lvl16 shields were last time xD

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been grinding like mad not to almost get screwed again like I did in the Dreadnought. I hope that's good for something. >_>

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I've been grinding like mad not to almost get screwed again like I did in the Dreadnought. I hope that's good for something. >_>
    Yes, Deist Cavern can be quite hard.

I keep forgetting to take screenshots!

I'm about to take back Fynn now, pictures to come, soon...

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Looks like I didn't grind enough. Oh well', Ill cast Teleport and use a Cottage.

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I'm in the Dreadnought which is where I was when I quit playing this game last time around. REBEL CURS.

Pink Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post

@enkida; you didn't happen to make it to mysidia to get the change spell when you went on your lvl1 world tour, did you? xD

No, believe it or not, I'm playing a cheat-free game. I know, I know. I feel like an idiot sometimes with all this freakin' grinding I'm doing. I don't call the "have your team punch eachother in the face" cheating because I figured that out on my own, after, y'know, dying about 20 bazillion times a few steps out of the Altair at the beginning of the game.

CHEAT FREE FOR THE LOSE! :chuckle:

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

but you have to use the change spell for SOMETHING! it takes so long to get it levelled up to where it stops failing you might as well not consider it a cheat either >:{

when I find it, if I can afford it - and that's a BIG FRACKIN' IF! - I'll give it a whirl. But mostly because trying to level up MP is almost as big a hassle as levelling up HP was. It's not an issue yet, though, I haven't found Mysidia yet. Well, I might have found it, but I didn't *enter* it yet. XD

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Is there any spell who is really worth leveling up besides Cure and elemental black magics?

I am utterly and truly sorry for not posting my progress. I was very (and I mean very) busy the past couple of weeks, and I simply didn't have time to sit down and properly play this game. When I do, which should be in about a week, I'll try to get as far as possible. Once again, sorry for all the delay.

BTW, up until now I've played this game without select-cancel bug, straying from the designated path and WITHOUT PUNCHING MY OWN TEAM MEMBERS IN THE FACE!! (I know, this is going to be a heck of a grind fest, but I'll try to lay off of it until I'm REALLY runnig out of time)

Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Heal is pretty important to level up if you don't want to be stuck carrying around three goldneedles in some of the later dungeons/towers. I have nightmares about an incident that happened to me shortly after I got richard. Haste and Berserk would probably be good to level up so you could cast them 4 at a time and have them all be effective. MP will level up faster when you get your spells to higher level and cast them. That's one reason I've been enjoying playing maria as a back-row magearcher, sometimes I just get her to take off backrow monsters with her magics so that the rest of the party can meet halfway in the middle of the group xD

The levelling system is so subtle it's impressive. You have to imagine that the map was designed like it was on purpose, to force you out of your path and give you chances to level up when venturing place to place. At least if you don't waste all your money on the airship and ferry between palm and poft. If only it didn't take up so much time xD I think it's a better situation than in ff1 though, because at least you CAN take initiative yourself and speed up the process.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    Is there any spell who is really worth leveling up besides Cure and elemental black magics?
    Holy is great if you want to grind Soul for Cure whilst still causing damage. Osmose is also uber for later dungeons since it allows you to regain massive amounts of MP quickly. Also Esuna, Basuna, Aura, Wall, Barrier and Dispel need to be levelled to at least level 6 to be wholly effective. Berserk and Haste can make your physical attackers absolutely monsters. Blink levelled enough can make your party immune to physical attacks if you don't want to use Shields/don't have enough Agility.
    There is no signature here. Move along.