Thread: $$$

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default $$$

What is your biggest expense at the moment? Do you manage your money well?

Right now, my biggest expense would be my car insurance/gas/gym bills. They're not even bad compared to how must people get it, by far, but I don't make enough money, between work (at TJ Maxx at least, let's see how much I make now that I quit and work at Gamestop!) and tutoring. I only have a little bit left a week to spend on myself and shop. xD

I'm okay at managing money, but money does tend to burn a hole in my pocket. I need to learn to manage it better and save more.

Biggest expense we have is our lot rent.

Rent / Car Insurance / Cellphone / Electric / Water and Waste / Gas... etc. The normal stuff.
    Do you Wanna Build a Snowman?

-= It doesn't have to be a snowman... =-

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

Drinking down the pub and playing pool there every week.

well my car insurance is kinda high because im a guy and under 21. but besides that me and my friends just bought a van that cost me a nice chunk of change. not too mention it still needs to be registered and insured.

but i do well manageing my money i still will be able to afford a camcorder soon enough.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I'm a baby and my parents pay my bills xD

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

my biggest expense is rent and bill.. which are $550 a month.

i used to be a good saver, and managed it well.

then i turned 11, and got a $5000 inheritence..

you can figure how that turned out. Ever since that money ran out ive been working part-time non-stop.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Ever since coming to college, I've spent significantly more money on video games. Given everything I've bought since August of 2007, I've probably spent upwards of $1,500 on video games.

Food is also up there, but my parents pay for food.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I think my biggest expense is just going out. But that encompasses things like train travel, drinks, food, games of pool and the like. I'm good at managing my money to the extent that I always have at least £150 in my bank account just in case I need it for something. Anything on top of that - unless I'm saving for something - is for whatever I need the money for. I showed some great restraint in January by managing to save up over £700 from wages to buy myself a new PC. Since then I've been a bit more liberal with my money after saving for so long.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Gas and food, definitely.

I am not very good at money management, or at least, not as good as I could be. I am a pretty thrifty shopper, but I tend to lose track of things and waste money unnecessarily. Like buying groceries I already have at home, or buying the wrong printer cartridge and losing the recipet (and those cartridges are expensive!). Things like that add up, and by the end of the month, I've spent a hundred or two dollars on things I didn't need or didn't use.

I tend to make impulse decisions when I buy the BIG things and less so with the little things and that gets me into trouble. Especially cause I'll spend like 15 minutes comparing prices on soups, and then spend 2 minutes deciding I need a $400 camera lens. Very bad habit.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

As of this moment, it's school and things related to school. Namely the prom. It's costing me so much. ;_;

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Food and random crap. I don't drive my own car and I haven't started on my student loans yet (my parents are trying to take care of the interest though, bless 'em) so the money I make from work mostly goes to savings, which is a pretty good place for it tbh.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

My biggest expense is far and away my student debt, which will be in the region of £15000 when I'm done with my Bachelor's (Nevermind getting a Master's!). However, in terms of day-to-day, I'm fairly good at managing my money. Despite being near the end of the academic year here, I've got around £1700 in the bank. I only know one other person who has a positive bank account figure at college. Of course, last year was when I made the bigger purchases - new PC, a 360, etc. This year has seen no equivalents.

I'm mostly good at saving. I'm lucky, because although I can be fairly easily tempted to buy videogames, they're not massively expensive, at least not compared to costs some people have, like gas, or real bills (instead of the paltry rent I pay).

My biggest expense is probably just going out and buying lots of music/movies/random stuff.

I consider myself to be rather good at managing my money. I always think it over quite a lot before I buy something, but just as anyone else I also sometimes make spontaneous purchases.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have to pay for a hotel room twice a week and train trips to london cos my company want me to work there, it's costing me like £500 a month at the mo :/ I dont have to drive my car much now so I saved there, and I live with my parents the rest of the time and their rent isn't very high so I guess it's not too bad.

I spend too much on food in london though, since I pretty much buy my breakfast, lunch and dinner out. I seem to have enough to get buy and still treat myself, but I'm sure as soon as I move into my own place that will change XD
    rawr

Blog Entries

My mobile phone bill, it averages out at £50/£100 a month.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!