Thread: My first time through FFII

Dancing Chocobo My first time through FFII

I, myself, have started to play through all the FF games (minus 11) in sequence. I've already beaten FFI, and have started going through FFII for my first time. FFI was the NES version on an emulator, FFII I had a choice between the NES version or PSX, but I chose the PSX simply because I already had the iso ripped to my harddrive. Anyways, here's the party I've decided to go with:

FIRION > double-daggers + white magic (I've been thinking about switching him to double-swords but I'm already up to 4 with the daggers, so I'll just keep going)
    MARIA > dual-staves + black magic (Fire, Bolt & Ice are up to 5)
    GUS > Sword + shield + white magic (as it sits right now, I just plan on having him learn the must-haves like Cure, maybe Life etc.)

and the fourth character will be who he will be...

I've only just saved the people from the Semite Cave, but I'm already loving this game. The levelling system is just so logical, it's awesome. Anyways, I'll keep a "log" of where I'm at in my sig.

Some Mitten Lover Sir Lancealot's Avatar

You should join this months Eyes on plays event.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You should. It's the stickied thread in this forum. We're trying to get everybody at EOFF to play through FF2 in April.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Of course, you'll have to start the game over again and post a pic, but you should join the challenge.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, join us, join us!! ^__^

heh...peer pressure...perhaps you'd let me play through it on my own to get a feel for the game rather than trying to "Challenge" myself already...thanks but no thanks... besides, like Leeza said, I'd have to start over again after already clocking-in about 7 hours. maybe i'll join the next time around...
    FFX-2 FMV's Upscaled and Filtered to 720p (link fixed)

The games I've beaten...

I | II | III | IV | V | VI | VII | VIII | IX | X | X-2 | XII

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I haven't played FFII yet, Cyric. This will be my first time through the game and my only challenge will be to finish.
    Hello Pika Art by Dr Unne ~~~ godhatesfraggles

oh...i thought you had to pick one of the "Challenges" from the list...but still...i don't feel like re-starting...good luck to y'all tho!

The games I've beaten...

Well, I ended up restarting anyway (the NES version). and I can tell you the game was turning into one of my favourites...until I started getting into the absolutely obscenely long dungeons...now I'm just praying for it to end.
    Last edited by Cyric; 08-27-2008 at 10:54 PM.

The games I've beaten...

and now I find out the Ultima spell is absolutely USELESS! WTF WAS THE POINT OF THIS THEN?! If I actually had this game running on an NES, this would be the point where I'd take it out, whip it against a brick wall, and beat the living cahoonas out of it with a hammer, and send it back to Square!!

The games I've beaten...

I own FFII and havent played it yet. I might do it this April...

What month is it atm?

EDIT: Oh skullskullskullskull, Im too late...

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    and now I find out the Ultima spell is absolutely USELESS! WTF WAS THE POINT OF THIS THEN?! If I actually had this game running on an NES, this would be the point where I'd take it out, whip it against a brick wall, and beat the living cahoonas out of it with a hammer, and send it back to Square!!
    Uhh... try leveling it? All Level 1 spells suck.

Destroyer of Worlds DarkLadyNyara's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyric View Post
    Ultima draws its strength from all of the casters weapon and spell levels. It's actually quite powerful if you bother to level everything up.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkLadyNyara View Post
    Ultima draws its strength from all of the casters weapon and spell levels. It's actually quite powerful if you bother to level everything up.
    Well, apparently in the NES/Famicom version, it's bugged. HCBailly mentions it between 7:00 and 8:00.
    YouTube - Let's Play Final Fantasy II #35 - Ultima!

The games I've beaten...