Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Metroid.

Quote Originally Posted by ljkkjlcm9 View Post
    I enjoy all the Metroid games.

And was it Dreddz that said he can't stand to play the game for more than an hour? Well that's pretty nice, because it turns out a few of them can be beaten in less than an hour.
    metroids games are becomeing famous for there speed runs. so far in super metroid i can get 100% in 1:08.

but anyways i love the metroid series. i still need to get a wii and play the newest one which ill do soon enough. but metroid stands as one of my top 5 favorite video game series.
    lynx
    beaten final fantasy III,IV,VI,VII,VIII,IX,X,X-2,XII,mystic quest, tacitcs, tactics advanced, crystal chronicles.

you only live once but if you do it right once is enough

my FF amvs

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

The only game in the series I've found myself disappointed in thus far has been Fusion, which really stuck you on the rails too much. I loved the first Prime game, though - the second didn't do it as much for me, mostly because of the annoying dark world. I really want to get the third sometime, it looks gorgeous.

Metroid and Super Metroid ruled. I don't know about the rest.

Blog Entries

I hope that in the next Metroid game they make, if it's 3D, they look at the first Metroid Prime the most rather than the other 3D games. The first Prime game felt most like a Metroid game, and in the 3rd, it was vastly different from the rest of the series, even if a great game.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Metroid and Super Metroid ruled. I don't know about the rest.
    Figaro Castle

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I really like Metroid Prime but there was one thing that was lacking in that game from making it super awesome...Speed. The game is slow moving. By the end of the game, if I want to back track and explore, then I expect to be able to blast through areas at crazy speeds and just explode other enemies due to my speed.

I always felt that no metroid game outside of super metroid got that right. Being able to move fast and keep moving through areas you have already been through fast helps to mitigate the drudgery of backtracking. It is something that I think has always helped Super Metroid to be the perfect example of how to make one of these games. No other metroid game or castlevania game has matched it yet.

Having said that Prime 2 was okay...maybe and I have no desire to play prime 3. I am still waiting for a metroid 5 where they do things right. Make speed a primary focus. I want to be able to run out the gate and get the speed boost to help make me run faster. Metroid 4 had the speed boost but I felt it was poorly implemented and lacked the aspect of SPEED XD

Oh yeah...Metroid 2 was cool also but due to the level design, speed is an impossibility...plus it gave us spiderball which was poorly implemented in Metroid Prime. Ball tracks...give me a break!

I love the series to death, but there are installments in both the 2D and 3D variety that I didn't think were special.

The original is terrible. Fusion was a bad idea. Echoes was boring and uninspired, and I don't even really like thinking about Hunters.

The real gems are Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and the first Prime. Nearly perfect games that I love with all my heart, and consider to be among the greatest video games ever made.

Unfortunately I have not yet been able to try out Corruption, due to not having a Wii. Soon, though.

Actually, I found Fusion to be much better than Zero Mission. It was way too linear, but it was still a great game. Zero Mission just felt a bit off to me. Oddly, it's one of the few games that I can't pinpoint why it feels wrong, but I didn't like it as much as Fusion or Super Metroid.

Super Metroid was a great game. It's a shame it never got rereleased on the GBA, I would love a handheld version.

In the Prime series, the first was the best, and Corruption was nice. Echoes was easily the worst. The ammo system was a badly constructed mess, and the poisonous world was mostly just an annoyance. Some of the levels were nice, but I found a lot of the later ones annoying.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Maybe I should try Fusion. The whole Linear aspect might work for me. :P

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I absolutely adore the Metroid series.

Super Metroid was the first game that I made a speed run at, for, well, some particular reasons.

I thought that the new direction Retro Studios took the series was, overall, very well executed. Echoes was the weakest of the trilogy, but even then, the worst game was still enjoyable enough to play through multiple times.

I never played Fusion, so I cannot comment on that game.

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    I thought that the new direction Retro Studios took the series was, overall, very well executed. Echoes was the weakest of the trilogy, but even then, the worst game was still enjoyable enough to play through multiple times.
    Definitely. It makes me excited to think about what they can do now that they're going to move on to their own franchise.

Quote Originally Posted by Hsu View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nominus Experse View Post
    Definitely. It makes me excited to think about what they can do now that they're going to move on to their own franchise.
    Yeah, definitely. Gonna be exciting.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Actually, I found Fusion to be much better than Zero Mission. It was way too linear, but it was still a great game. Zero Mission just felt a bit off to me. Oddly, it's one of the few games that I can't pinpoint why it feels wrong, but I didn't like it as much as Fusion or Super Metroid.
    I always thought that Fusion was the one that felt a bit off and that Zero Mission was much more in the spirit of Super Metroid and the others. I mean, naturally the bit at the end when (SPOILER)Samus loses her suit was unexpected and seemed a bit of a departure from what I was used to, but I felt that the more linear nature of Fusion made it seem a bit off. I still think they're both good games, but Zero Mission is so much more so in my opinion.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I've tried playing Super Metroid years ago, but it wasn't my thing. I could never find my way back to the space ship after killing the boss. T_T Probably I would appreciate it more now, the Metroid universe is fascinating.
    Something I'd like to throw in is that you can't go back to the space-ship because it blew up.
    Yeah, whatever it was... I don't remember now, it's been years. All I knew is that you had to get back to a certain point and you had a time limit and I could never do that.