Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Diablo 2 - worth it?

Banned
    Blog Entries

If you a a melee-sorceress with maxed out energy shield it might not be too hard.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I don't know, I think if such a build worked at all it would be popular by now.

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by KoShiatar View Post
    I don't know, I think if such a build worked at all it would be popular by now.
    An Enchantress melee Sorceress is preferable to maxed Energy Shield. 3000 Fire damage per swipe is nothing to scoff at. With Lifesteal, adequate equipment, and a reasonable knowledge of Teleport, the Enchantress is capable of soloing Hell mode in Hardcore. Energy Shield relies too heavily on mana, which is more or less always kept at the minimum in favor of Vitality.

Banned
    Blog Entries

All the guides say that you don't need to upgrade energy because there are items that give you mana, but I can't find any?

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    All the guides say that you don't need to upgrade energy because there are items that give you mana, but I can't find any?
    Amulets and Rings are sources of free Mana/Energy, with no requirements other than level. Single-player and Multi-player play slightly differently, due to the item economy. For example, it might take you quite some time to find, say, a Shako, when there are plenty to go around in Multi-player; they go for a Pul rune. Uniques often give large amounts of Energy and Mana; e.g., Shako gives Mana and Life based on Character Level. Runewords, which are slightly more in the player's ability to create also provide what is desperately needed. Insight, Ral Tir Tal Sol on a 4Os Polearm gives the Meditation Aura on a Mercenary, which is near instant mana regeneration (Ladder only, iirc). For the melee character, there's always Manaleech (not that most of those skills are incredibly Mana intensive in the first place).

I'm assuming you still haven't made the shift from Single to Multi-player yet. In which case, you're going to have a hell of a time keeping your mana up, aside from Potions.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

A Meteor/Enchantress using Energy Shield can solo Uber Tristram, so they can be a very formidable force indeed. I mean, smurf, nearing the 70k to 80k consistent damage output is something to be feared in Vanilla Diablo.

If you don't want to deal with the terrible online environment, download PlugY and you will be able to still perform and experience much of what the server-only environment entails. However, there are still some definite differences that have yet - and most likely never will be fully - addressed.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I love how any thread related to D2 degrades into a build discussion.
    Figaro Castle

Items and possible builds are nigh the only reason why people continue playing the game, so I suppose it makes sense.

However, you do make a point in that it does seem terribly inevitable. And perhaps, a little sad, too.

Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    I love how any thread related to D2 degrades into a build discussion.
    NO U IS STORY OF TEH ORANGE CITRUS FRUITZ

Not much to discuss after eight years. Unless you feel like talking about how knowledgeable we are.

Or, perhaps, how knowledgeable we think we are...