Thread: Nightwish!!!

Enjoy The Silence FallenSilence's Avatar

Smile Nightwish!!!

So...I saw them live at Birmingham on Saturday, and I thought theywere absolutely amazing. I wasn't sure what to epect from their new singer Annete after hearing Tarja's vocals, but I was pleasantly suprised.

I was just wondering if anyone else happened to be there at all? Or if you've seen them elsewhere and had an opinion? Just anything about them, really
    Should've Done Something
    But I've Done It Enough
    By The Way Your Hands Were Shaking
    Rather Waste My Time With You

Should've Said Something
    But I've Said It Enough
    By The Way My Words Were Faded
    Rather Waste My Time With You

I first found out about Nightwish when I saw the video for "Wish I Had An Angel" on Headbangers Ball about 2 and a half years ago. I was intrigued by the dual vocals that contrast each other; the charming female vocals along with the metal male vocals from the bassist.

Nightwish continues to fascinate me even to this day, even though they're not as heavy as my musical tastes tend to shift towards. Annete's vocals just move me just as well as Tarja's, though the pure metalhead side of me wants me to believe that the bassist's vocals are better (though I try often to shake off the temptation of thinking that way).

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Nightwish is amazing. I love nemo and Amaranth.

I have one of these now Nominus Experse's Avatar

I do not like Nightwish, and find it difficult to understand why people do.

But the same could be said of much of anyone's music, including my own.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

I saw "Wish I Had An Angel" and laughed my ass of at the ridiculousness of it all xD

I prefer Within Temptation.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

Blog Entries

The new singer is awful.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

My friend told me that I might like them. I actually just finished the torrent last night while I was asleep. I have yet to listen to everything; rating pending.

I used to like them about two years ago. They have some pretty good songs and then some pretty boring songs. Try Tristania, they're better in my opinion.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

I really love the sound of fantasy-themed metal/rock, and Nightwish has an especially beautiful sounding vocalist, but the lyrics usually end up making me giggle. Nightwish, Blind Guardian, and (I think) Stratovarius have all done really cheesy songs about LotR/The Tolkienverse... Which doesn't only incite giggles from me, but massive eye-rolls as well.

I can see myself liking Nightwish alot more if I had discovered them when I was younger. Back in the day when I wrote lyrics on my school binders. :rolleyes2

They're OK, I used to listen to them some years ago and was at a concert once too (my very first concert, incidentally), but my taste in music has changed by now. Sometimes I still listen to some of their songs, I also like the new singer.

Quote Originally Posted by Tallulah View Post
    I like both Both bands have masterpieces that I really love to listen to

Selena

http://clairvoyance.game-server.cc/nc_catastrophe.html
    Click the link to see the best flash movie EVER

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Obsidian View Post
    Nightwish, Blind Guardian, and (I think) Stratovarius have all done really cheesy songs about LotR/The Tolkienverse... Which doesn't only incite giggles from me, but massive eye-rolls as well.
    You should check out the album "...Where the Shadows Lie" by Battlelore. It's and entire album of female-fronted LotR-metal.

I like Nightwish. I think Once is by far their best album. I also like Annette's vocals. Tarja's bore me after listening to them for a while.

I've never been into them myself, but lots of people at the High School I went to really liked them.. I guess their music is okay, but I don't really understand the hype.

I guess it's all about preference, though.