Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: [A] Girl from Imagination

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Default [A] Girl from Imagination

I don't know where I've seen her, or if I've just made her up. I just drew her from my imagination. Tell me your thoughts.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Not bad. The eyes are very well done. I like how the eyes catch and reflect the light.
    Figaro Castle

Blog Entries

Looks nice perhaps nose needs a little work but yeah the eyes are the best thing

(。◕‿‿◕。) Recognized Member Jojee's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Hawt Love the eyes and the shading~

Wat
    is
    going
    on
    wtf
    rawr

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Sexylicious eyes, nice shading. Her brows appeal to me, they feel very real.

Well dones!

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Thanks everyone. Yeah I really do suck at noses, I'm still working on perfecting them.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think you did the eyes and the eyebrows really well. Good work, Danielle.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Cheers Jess 'm not sure if I should change the nose. I'd be too scared if I messed it up.

Blog Entries

Idk this might help! I also suck at darwing noses, Most times I just give up when I finish the face so that gives me the idea to don't draw many times ^^

Nose Tutorial by *Nycteridae on deviantART
    + Nose Tutorial by *jessie145 on deviantART this is more for a guy

^^ good luck
    (all these tuts made me want to draw XD)

Well, needs a fair bit of work in various areas. I'll just list them in bullet form.

1. Hair: You should work on shading hair, basically it involves layering up different shades (a smudge stick is good for this) and putting in the highlights with a sharp eraser.
    2. Eyes: Though the reflection in the eyes are nice, they are seriously huge eyes and definitely need some work on the shape (just study eyes in general and you'll see they have a completely different shape).
    3. Nose: Try to work on using shading (especially cross/multi-hatching and a smudge stick) to work the form of the nose rather than drawing it out like that.
    4. Lips: They look too solid, it's really just a matter of getting the general form of them with a light pencil and using shading techniques to get the overall look of them.
    5. Head: Well the head looks like it has a fairly funny shape. Try drawing it as a skull in a light pencil and then start filling it in (at least this works for me).
    6. Shading: I think you'll find that your drawing will absolutely come to life if you practice some cross/multi-hatched shading or at the very least layer the way you shade so that there isn't such a clear definition of dark and light shades -- it's good to just study people in real life or photos and see how light bounces off and shades their skin.

Anyway, I hope I'm not a jerk, just thought everyone else gave nice "comments" that I'd be a bit more helpful.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Polaris View Post
    Idk this might help! I also suck at darwing noses, Most times I just give up when I finish the face so that gives me the idea to don't draw many times ^^

Nose Tutorial by *Nycteridae on deviantART
    + Nose Tutorial by *jessie145 on deviantART this is more for a guy

^^ good luck
    (all these tuts made me want to draw XD)
    Cheers for the sites on how to do noses Polaris, most appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Well, needs a fair bit of work in various areas. I'll just list them in bullet form.

1. Hair: You should work on shading hair, basically it involves layering up different shades (a smudge stick is good for this) and putting in the highlights with a sharp eraser.
    2. Eyes: Though the reflection in the eyes are nice, they are seriously huge eyes and definitely need some work on the shape (just study eyes in general and you'll see they have a completely different shape).
    3. Nose: Try to work on using shading (especially cross/multi-hatching and a smudge stick) to work the form of the nose rather than drawing it out like that.
    4. Lips: They look too solid, it's really just a matter of getting the general form of them with a light pencil and using shading techniques to get the overall look of them.
    5. Head: Well the head looks like it has a fairly funny shape. Try drawing it as a skull in a light pencil and then start filling it in (at least this works for me).
    6. Shading: I think you'll find that your drawing will absolutely come to life if you practice some cross/multi-hatched shading or at the very least layer the way you shade so that there isn't such a clear definition of dark and light shades -- it's good to just study people in real life or photos and see how light bounces off and shades their skin.

Anyway, I hope I'm not a jerk, just thought everyone else gave nice "comments" that I'd be a bit more helpful.
    Thanks alot for the advice Omecle I'll study some things more. The only problem is that all I have is a pencil and paper. I don't have a smudge stick or anything fancy. I never even knew about smudge sticks I just used my thumb. As for the eyes my family has very big eyes I guess that's just the way I draw them. It's kind of my trademark, but I shall study them when I get the time. :mog:

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the big, green eyes and the dimples. As for the nose, I think you should try making the bridge smaller to make it less awkward looking.

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten View Post
    Thanks alot for the advice Omecle I'll study some things more. The only problem is that all I have is a pencil and paper. I don't have a smudge stick or anything fancy. I never even knew about smudge sticks I just used my thumb.
    Smudge sticks are just compacted paper in the form of various sized pencils. Much better than using your thumb because your thumb has oils that can mess up the shading.

Honestly, it's fairly cheap to buy some smudge sticks, some decent rubbers and a set of graphite pencils.

As for the eyes my family has very big eyes I guess that's just the way I draw them. It's kind of my trademark, but I shall study them when I get the time. :mog:
    That's fine I guess, but it comes to a point where you have to draw something that's believable. It doesn't have to be real, but it has to be believable -- eyes have a lot of skin folds and variations in line thickness. The ones you've draw just look like they've been painted on the face, rather than sitting in the face (eyes sit quite a fair way into the face).

But yeah, no worries, I don't mean to be harsh, just giving some advice if you want to follow it it's up to you.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Smudge sticks are just compacted paper in the form of various sized pencils. Much better than using your thumb because your thumb has oils that can mess up the shading.

Honestly, it's fairly cheap to buy some smudge sticks, some decent rubbers and a set of graphite pencils.

That's fine I guess, but it comes to a point where you have to draw something that's believable. It doesn't have to be real, but it has to be believable -- eyes have a lot of skin folds and variations in line thickness. The ones you've draw just look like they've been painted on the face, rather than sitting in the face (eyes sit quite a fair way into the face).

But yeah, no worries, I don't mean to be harsh, just giving some advice if you want to follow it it's up to you.
    Hey I went to the art shop in my college and when I asked if they had a smudge stick they looked at me funny. I'll need to go shopping for it.

I've been thinking of taking am art course or something. I'd be very scared though because I've never studied in it or anything.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Hey I went to the art shop in my college and when I asked if they had a smudge stick they looked at me funny. I'll need to go shopping for it.

I've been thinking of taking am art course or something. I'd be very scared though because I've never studied in it or anything.
    Smudge sticks can also be called "tortillon"s, maybe ask after those instead.

Go ahead, what's the worst that can happen?