Page 23 of 44 FirstFirst ... 313171819202122232425262728293343 ... LastLast

Thread: Mafia Again! GAME OVER - MAFIA WIN! edczxcvbnm is everyone's hero! <3

Vote Count

(0)Psychotic: Del Murder
    (0)Laddy: Psychotic, Goldenboko
    (0)Aerith's Knight: qwertyxsora

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

43 Hours until day is over(6:15 PM EST).
    This space intentionally left blank.

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I can't believe we are getting so caught up in these cop claims, and forgetting to look at the connections from the mafia lynched on day 1.

Psychotic was very quick (I can't stress that enough) to vote for Laddy after he was accused. But Laddy was one of the first to suspect and vote for lom on day 1. I really can't see Laddy being that devious. First, outing your own mafia buddy early on day 1, then coming up with a fake roleclaim to get Psychotic? I don't see it. And if Psychotic was a real cop I think he would have taken more time to do this analysis and come to the more logical conclusion that Laddy was an insane cop. Then, instead of voting for him, he would have proposed the sanity check that he later did under scrutiny.

qwerty was the first to vote for lom on day 1, and, although it would be a sneaky trick to sacrifice a mafia for your cause, I can't suspect qwerty at this time.

But, I will give Psy credit, as he did vote for the scum lom, although late in the day. And I will admit that I am going after him a lot harder because he is who he is.

This will have to be my last post for a while, unless I am sick from work again tomorrow. Hopefully people can look at everything that's been going on and make an informed decision. I do not trust Psy, but Sir Lancealot, Neo, and ed do not escape my suspicion.

All that aside: I still have yet to see something useful from ed.

##Vote: edczxcvbnm

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Oh Del, I did bring up the idea of the insane cop in the first place after someone had already voted for psy based oh what laddy had said. Not useful? I guess...

If you are gonna vote for me then at least be honest and say "I am not gonna vote for ed because I don't like his play style" rather than a lame reason like that which there are plenty of others that have done less...by not posting or playing at all. Why not vote for Sir Lancealot instead?

But having said that everything is too convenient for psy and I fear him as a player as I have said countless times in other mafia games.

##vote: psy

See Del, it isn't hard to state your real reasons and biases when voting for someone ;D

Okay, I'm having trouble following your Lynch to prove Sanity Logic.

If you investigate yourself to prove it, you can at least get a good Idea on your sanity. (Innocent can be either regular or Naive) but on someone else you can't even be sure until they flip. So if you doubt your sanity, how does investigating Dynast help you out unless he flips?

I mean he didn't seem like he would be a target for the Mafia, (Though turns out I was wrong in that thought) and he was the likely one to get lynched today, so an investigation on him wouldn't have done anything to prove your sanity until he was lynched. Given how there was a chance he would get off, it seems more practical to do a self investigation then investigating him.

sly gypsy Recognized Member Levian's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I think I know what role qwerty supposedly has, and if I'm right, he really can't roleclaim.

I'm all for testing out qwerty's method. As I see it we'll clear qwerty, the cop and even lynch a mafia tomorrow. Couldn't ask for a better day really. The only unsettling thing would be today's lynch and tonight's kill. Aren't we allowed to not lynch people in C9 games? That seems like the optimal solution to me right now.

Laddy vs. Psychotic

If Laddy is scum, then I think he's been prodded by a mafia teammate to falsely roleclaim, I don't think he alone had that idea. Sure, out of the bunch of us, I can think of two or three candidates who could be that person. If this is the case then the mafia must really have a master plan as they'd surely know that the real cop would claim. Unless their motive was yet another sacrifice, then they'd have to be sure the cop would be taken down. Which gives me yet another bad feeling about tomorrow. Eh, he definitely roleclaimed too early, so it's hard to tell who's telling the truth.

If Psychotic is scum, then he obviously pulled all this out of his ass all by himself. I feel confident that qwerty will take him down tomorrow, if he is the scum. Besides, If I lynch him now and he is the cop he'll never let me forget it, I just know it. Also, if Psychotic is scum then I think Aerith's Knight is also one. See second to last paragraph.

Not the most likely scenario, but possible:
    If they should both be cops of various sanities, then I guess we'll cross that bridge when we get there. It's a possible scenario, especially if Laddy is Paranoid or Psychotic is Naive. But if one of them is insane and the other normal, then that would give too much power to the town and would have to be equalled by a high number of mafians or mafians with power roles. High number of mafians might be the reason why we got lucky with lom.

If they're both scum then lololol at qwerty ruining everything.

If we HAVE to vote someone out today (do we, 2000X?) then I'll vote for Aerith's Knight. If he flips scum then PSICOTIKS U R GOING DOWN. During Day 1 he was attacking Psychotic while also attacking Dynast Kid. (You were answering his question, yes I know, I read.) Setting up the lynch for Day 2 perhaps? Sucks that he died tonight then. I found it very weird that at the end of the day, AK didn't vote for anyone! Afraid to bandwagon too late for lom and not wanting to get too involved with the Dynast Kid thing? Possible. For reasons mentioned earlier I don't suspect Neo much, and Lancealot is just being inactive.

and I really was drunk last night. I can even provide pictures, whenever they're all over facebook!

Articles
    Blog Entries

AK: Yep. I figured if I let out my secret, people wouldn't recive it well. Every claim could be Mafian. Every claim. Since people said I was a "good" Mafian, they might've seen we doing it again, somehow. So this could go four ways: I'm a cop, a cop of different sanity, a crafty Mafian, or a townie wanting out who he wants out. As far as I know, I'm the first one.

I never checked my sanity. Damn. I'll do that later. But for now, assuming I'm sane, when I exposed Psy he joyfully voted for me first and foremost. It seems he was hellbent on eliminating a threat. However, I've yet to vote and Psy did withdraw his vote. But this could very well be to try to come up with a master plan for Mafia or telling the truth. I'm not necessarily against Psy, but he has the most evidence against him at this moment by far.
    Last edited by Laddy; 04-04-2008 at 01:18 PM.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

How am I connected to Psy? I am the most suspisious of him, exept for Laddy of course.

The day is 48 hours long, why would i vote prematurely? I hadnt even heard from you or laddy. And I have absolutely no idea who to vote for because seriously, everyone seems mafia right now.

Why everyone seems to be playing into qwerty i dont know, as he roleclaimed without a roleclaim.. If someone can give me the flash, ill look for the weird role he described.

The situation as it is, is this:

2 roleclaim cops, neither known if sane.
    1 roleclaim something, appareantly able to check.
    4 people acting suspisious and mafia-like in my eyes.
    1 person suspecting me because i suspect Psy
    1 person voted for me because i answered a question.

How am i supposed to just pick one to vote for. Im trying to be smart here and gauge some reactions before I make a descision

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I offered a plan and the town accepted it. If you don't trust me, then remember I asked for two claimed cops to investigate me. Please stop speculating about my role though.

Blog Entries

I already know what it is. Which such a claim of ability, the only possible townie role you could be is a watcher.

I will go along with the plan now, as it seems feasable. A roleclaim cop wouldnt be able to visit you like the real one, and if it was mafia, youd be dead.

Question: What do we do if you die, or you get protected and a mafia could visit you?

I just found a snag in your plan.. possible outcomes of tonight.

1: the cop visits you, the mafia visits you.. and you die. We still dont know who the real cop is.
    2. the cop visits you, the mafia visits you, you get protected and you live. three people visit you at night and we still know nothing.
    3. two cops visit you.. you dont die and we still have no clue about their sanity.

Im not including the outcome that there is one cop and mafia doesnt target you, because if one of them is a mafia, that option would never happen.
    Last edited by Aerith's Knight; 04-04-2008 at 03:51 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

AK, if I told you my entire plan, it would not work. Part of the plan is that you do not know what my role is. My role may or may not be the watcher. Please stop speculating on my role and plan now. It will all make sense on day three.

Vote Count

(1)edczxcvbnm: Del Murder
    (1)Psychotic: Del Murder, edczxcvbnm
    (0)Laddy: Psychotic, Goldenboko
    (0)Aerith's Knight: qwertyxsora

With 10 alive it takes 6 to lynch.

30 Hours until day is over(6:15 PM EST).
    This space intentionally left blank.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Psychotic was very quick (I can't stress that enough) to vote for Laddy after he was accused.
    I've already explained this countless times. I did not see any alternative at the time. He was either scum (because of the HEY LET'S INVESTIGATE PSY! calls on day one) or paranoid/insane, and as said previously, I value the life of a regular cop (I've explained why I now deem myself regular) over that of a paranoid cop.

But Laddy was one of the first to suspect and vote for lom on day 1.
    Except he voted for him because of not posting (despite qwerty having done so beforehand...), not because he thought he was scum.
    Quote Originally Posted by Laddy View Post
    I'd vote for lom, seeing he has yet to post.

##Vote: leader of mortals
    He couldn't very well withdraw his vote for lom after it looked like our scummy little friend was going to be lynched, could he?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    Okay, I'm having trouble following your Lynch to prove Sanity Logic.

If you investigate yourself to prove it, you can at least get a good Idea on your sanity. (Innocent can be either regular or Naive) but on someone else you can't even be sure until they flip. So if you doubt your sanity, how does investigating Dynast help you out unless he flips?

I mean he didn't seem like he would be a target for the Mafia, (Though turns out I was wrong in that thought) and he was the likely one to get lynched today, so an investigation on him wouldn't have done anything to prove your sanity until he was lynched. Given how there was a chance he would get off, it seems more practical to do a self investigation then investigating him.
    I didn't investigate him to prove my sanity, though. The sanity-lynch was a factor in my decision on Laddy, yes, and I can't deny that - but it was not the main factor. If I cared more about my sanity then I would have investigated myself. I thought he was scum, and that was my priority. The fact is, with you lot demanding I be investigated, and being who I am, I have a huge big bullseye on my chest. My days have always been numbered in this game and I decided not to waste a night on a pure sanity check when I could theoretically find a scum AND check my sanity in one go.

I told Laddy he should have checked his sanity first because after a whole bunch of people say I should be investigated - and not for acting scummy, either, but because I'm a "threat" or something - and I suddenly turn up scum? Come on. There's something not right about that. Assuming he is town and not leading you all along a road to know where, for all he knew there could be a mafia framer, which is why encouraging investigations on specifically named people for no reason on day one is kind of stupid anyway, in my opinion.

As I said previously, NeoCracker is definitely who my eyes are on right now. He's kept extremely low during this whole cop thing - uncharacteristically so, given his behaviour on day one. Does nobody have any feedback on what I had to say about him yesterday?

Moving onto the test. I can think of more than one role that qwerty could have and it'd be very fortunate if I or Laddy were able to guess the correct result. Lying would be very hard to pull off. Laddy hasn't agreed to the test yet, as far as I know. Evidently he will need to do so before the day ends or else it just won't work. Really, though, besides his consent for the test, what we really need to be focusing on now is finding a lynch candidate.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Yes, let's not discuss qwerty anymore. If not Laddy or Psy, who are we lynching today? If we have to lynch anyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    How am I connected to Psy? I am the most suspisious of him, exept for Laddy of course.
    As I said, you agreed with him about Dynast, so your argument with Psy could simply be to distance yourself from him, which is not an uncommon strategy in a game with few players. Setting up lynches for two days ahead (LoM + Dynast) means 5 dead townies if the doctor fails all three nights. That leaves 7 players where I'm guessing there's at least 2 mafians, so not much left of the game then. It's not an obvious connection, I know. I'm looking for smarter, less obvious connections.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by levian
    Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    As I said, you agreed with him about Dynast, so your argument with Psy could simply be to distance yourself from him, which is not an uncommon strategy in a game with few players. Setting up lynches for two days ahead (LoM + Dynast) means 5 dead townies if the doctor fails all three nights. That leaves 7 players where I'm guessing there's at least 2 mafians, so not much left of the game then. It's not an obvious connection, I know. I'm looking for smarter, less obvious connections.
    I never voted for either Dynast or LoM.. Dynast asked me a question when i made profiles for everyone and right now, i wouldnt trust Psy as far as i can throw him.

I cant even phantom why you want to lynch me, except for the analysis I gave Dynast last day at his request.

I havent agreed with anyone in this game yet, nor have i voted seriously for someone.

Simply said, because right now i trust no one.. which makes it a hard game and even harder to vote.

I still cant understand how with so many roleclaims, so many things that dont add up, a seriously flawed plan to resolve it, and the person you all want to lynch is me?

Could you leave the personal grudges at the door plz? If i did that i wouldve voted for ed right from the start.

And where on earth is Gobo?

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I never said you voted for Dynast You didn't vote for anyone.

and I don't have any personal grudges against you, so chillax.