Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ovum.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Ovum.

Eggs. Eggs are strange things. Or perhaps in this matter, I am strange. You see, my friends, should the scent of eggs being prepared accost my olifactory system, it induces a sense of repulsion and even nausea. I am repelled strongly by it.

Yet to devour eggs - that is to say, when they accost instead my gustatory system - I find their taste to be varied according to the method of preparation, but not universally unpleasant. Indeed one could go so far as to say that I rather enjoy those eggs which are boiled or fried, for example, and I certainly appreciate a good omelette!

This serves merely as an example. Discuss sensory conflicts! (And the first person to say they like the look but hate the sound of their wife gets Jap Clap.)

Blog Entries

Cheesecake, it makes me want to vomit. The smell and the taste.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

I love the taste of buffalo wings, but they're on a bone, and I can't each anything off of a bone. ;_; Just feeling it on my tongue makes me sick.

Yeah, eggs smell disgusting but they can taste pretty good if you prepare them right.

I ate a piece of chocolate that looked like a turd. I guess that counts as a sensory conflict.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Have you ever stepped in a warm pile of cow dung on a hot summer day? My nose says "no" but my somatic senses goes "Oh yes, that's right. Now sit in it! Take off your clothes and roll around in it!"

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rye View Post
    I love the taste of buffalo wings, but they're on a bone, and I can't each anything off of a bone. ;_; Just feeling it on my tongue makes me sick.
    Take em off the bone first.

Beetroot. Everything about it makes me feel sick - colour, texture, taste, beetroot juice, that stench ew ewww. Also I hated coleslaw and potato salad when I was little and I tend to avoid it on principle now, even though it isn't quite so icky anymore. Occasionally the sight of any sort of meat will make me feel a little nauseous, which is funny because I'm not vegetarian.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Even peeling/scraping it off a bone just makes me feel disgusted. xD I can't explain it.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Yeah, eggs smell disgusting but they can taste pretty good if you prepare them right.

I ate a piece of chocolate that looked like a turd. I guess that counts as a sensory conflict.
    Thank you Rhody. This is what I want: Something that appeals to one sense and is objectionable to another, not just things that are objectionable to your senses.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

Couscous. I've only ever tried it once, and the taste of it wasn't too bad but the texture was so gross I will never ever eat it again.

The texture of oatmeal is disgusting. Everyone knows it. But it's so good...I've never tasted a properly cooked oatmeal that I didn't like.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Every day my kid brother brings to his computer something that looks like Ramen but it smells like rotten something (probably eggs)

I dunno wtf is going on.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I like eggs in an academic sense, yet when I think about eating them while I eat them, sometimes I get grossed out. But I still think that I like eggs. Scrambled or hardboiled plz

Eggs are one of the best foods you can eat, they're so versatile, and to think of a list of things you make with eggs is a baffling task.

When cooked on their own, yes sometimes they're a bit stinky but that's ok...they're so awesome, that the stinkiness cannot mitigate the epic dining they create.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Rantzien View Post
    Have you ever stepped in a warm pile of cow dung on a hot summer day? My nose says "no" but my somatic senses goes "Oh yes, that's right. Now sit in it! Take off your clothes and roll around in it!"
    hahahaha~

i've got to say that if i don't like the texture/smell of something, i won't eat it. even if it tastes good.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

I hate the smell of mint sauce, but I love it with my Sunday dinner on some nice lamb.