View Poll Results: Hidden songs. Are they awesome?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yay

15 40.54%
  • Nay

22 59.46%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "Hidden songs" are lame

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It kinda gets on my nerves when musicians do this. I'm sure the first time it was done it was totally cool, I can see that happening when people just think "Wtf all this silence! Misprinted CD?" and skip ahead on it but seriously, who doesn't just blank out and leave it running without even realizing? So even if it was cool the first time it's really boring and old now, as well as being entirely obvious.

No more 'hidden' tracks if you musicians please.

Edit: And hahahahahaha I just saw what Lunar said that's legendary xDDD

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

I don't really buy CDs. I download all my music, and listen to the radio so no hidden songs for me!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    I don't really buy CDs. I download steal all my music, and listen to the radio so no hidden songs for me!
    Figaro Castle

I don't hate hidden songs, but I can't understand why anyone wanting to leave an easter egg on their record wouldn't put the hidden track in the pregap. It's a much better hiding place, and more accessible to those who know it's there.
    "The most important and recognize player in the history of the country."

Sometimes I wonder what my life would be like if I were as great as Paulo Wanchope.

What the bliff Recognized Member
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I hate the long intervals in between them. I almost fell asleep one time waiting for the next song to start and then all of the sudden music started blasting and I was like, "Wtf this isn't the song on the track listing!" I thought I got a bootleg...

I don't like it because it makes the songs hard to listen to in my custom playlist on my Xbox.

Tool is notorious for this...and it pisses me off to no end.

crouching tiger hidden song.

Sucks, even with subtitles.

I voted yay thinking that bonus songs were the topic. However, I think that hidden songs are lame and would much rather prefer bonus ones.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

i love hidden/bonus tracks, the most clever one i've seen so far was on an X-Files CD... a liner note said "Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds want you to remember that zero is also a number", if you play track one and rewind/seek it back into the negative counter there is a hidden/bonus song before track #1...

just remembered another hidden one in Marilyn Manson: Mechanical Animals... there is a hidden track that can not be heard unless you insert the disc into a PC, if you have autoplay turned on it will pop up a window that begins playing the bonus track and have 2 (if i remember right) immages you can flip between while it plays... the entire album deals with the number 15 but there are only 14 tracks on the album, this clue as well as others hidden in the album artwork point to the tracks location and the need for a PC to hear it...
    Last edited by Elly; 04-04-2008 at 02:42 PM.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

It doesn't help that the hidden songs always suck too.

*permanently smitten*
    A Vey Good Friend
    Blog Entries

Hidden tracks aren't lame at all - the artist is usually doing something surprising and cool, particularly if you listen to music on an actual stereo, the way it was supposed to be played. They also don't always suck, so I don't know what you're talking about - maybe you just listen to sucky bands.

A nice touch is also hidden artwork (think Kid A), or extra CDs hidden in between the CD casing (SFA).

Some hidden songs are great, others not so. Either way, I don't like having to press on forward to listen to one. I'm lazy.

Blog Entries

I couldn't care less. So what if there's a bit of silence? It's not going to kill you.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    I couldn't care less. So what if there's a bit of silence? It's not going to kill you.
    No but having to fast-forward through about 20 minutes of silence (like some hidden tracks have before they start) is a pain in the arse.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"