Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Recommend a good bit of Freeware!

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Actually they did a thing a year or two ago where you could download a serial from their website to run it without the nag screen like officially. It's perfectly easy to use it with the nag screen, I've been doing so for a long time xD

..a Russian mountain cat. Yamaneko's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just a thought. Differentiate between freeware and open source apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamaneko View Post
    What difference does it make for the end-user? I want a program that works well, not its header files.

Quote Originally Posted by rubah View Post
    Actually they did a thing a year or two ago where you could download a serial from their website to run it without the nag screen like officially. It's perfectly easy to use it with the nag screen, I've been doing so for a long time xD
    Meh, I've got the key, so I wouldn't know.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I prefer 7-zip to winrar anyway

You can add InfraRecorder to that list of decent CD/DVD tools - great for making your own ISO images which you can then burn with ImgBurn if InfraRecorder can't burn it, and it's open source too
    Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

Conquer Online-a great MMORPG where you can be either a taoist, a warrior, an archer, or a trojan. It's created with the ancient Chinese Kungfu and magic in mind, and in my opinion, a great play. There's something new for you to work on almost every new level-up, whether it be a new sword you can buy or the ability to mine. A game that can really keep you busy, and definitely worth a shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    What difference does it make for the end-user? I want a program that works well, not its header files.
    These things matter boatload with your liabilities and obligations. For normal use, not so much most of the time. However, if you say, edit a config file, and forward it on with out source, you can be considered in violation with GPL (especially 3, when that comes out ) It is good to know, just in case. It should be noted that people should read the licensing that comes with each product, as BSD, GPL, and most other open licensing is amendable.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Discord View Post
    These things matter boatload with your liabilities and obligations. For normal use, not so much most of the time. However, if you say, edit a config file, and forward it on with out source, you can be considered in violation with GPL (especially 3, when that comes out ) It is good to know, just in case. It should be noted that people should read the licensing that comes with each product, as BSD, GPL, and most other open licensing is amendable.
    As you've said, normal use is barely affected by it. If everybody insists I could add the licence to the very end, but I think it'd be a slightly useless here.

*WE* are just trying to keep you busy.

Quote Originally Posted by bipper View Post
    *WE* are just trying to keep you busy.
    Uhhh... thanks, but I have enough databases to organise at work already, without having to resort to such drastic measures as EoFF to keep myself busy.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just remembered AppLocale, you can get it from Microsoft for free last time I checked, though whether that crappy Genuine Disadvantage crap is now in the way or not is another matter Useful for people like me that want to run programs or games on an English WinXP as if I'm running Japanese WinXP (or any other language you fancy)

Problems playing downloaded videos? Try CCCP

Quote Originally Posted by crono_logical View Post
    Just remembered AppLocale, you can get it from Microsoft for free last time I checked, though whether that crappy Genuine Disadvantage crap is now in the way or not is another matter Useful for people like me that want to run programs or games on an English WinXP as if I'm running Japanese WinXP (or any other language you fancy)

I'd gladly add it if you could give me a link and a general idea what it actually does.
    Last edited by Discord; 07-12-2007 at 05:35 PM.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I use Foldersize (link) to show how big my folders are. It's up to you what program to use, since they're all small programs.

Abandon All Hope Fatal Impurity's Avatar

CCleaner.com = This Wins.

Alcohol Software Product homepage - Alcohol 120% and Alcohol 52% = A brilliant Image burning/creation software which comes with intregrated virtual drive's and game/software protection emulation.

Free-Codecs.com :: Download ACE Mega CodecS Pack 6.03 - Professional Edition : This is the lastest and greatest release of famous ACE Mega CoDecS Pack = A absolutely excellent codec pack that pretty much supports and video you throw at it and comes with packaged in software of equal quality such as BSplayer and Media player classic.

Disk Defrag - Reclaim the Speed Of Your Disks = Nice lightweight and fast disk defrag that even tells you how much its improved your disks with a performance percentage.

ATITool - Overclocking utility for ATI cards = A overclocking tool that lets you overclock and fiddle with pretty much EVERY setting on your graphics card. Has support for Nvidia cards dispite its misleading name.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

WinDirStat - Windows Directory Statistics is what I like to check my folder sizes with, it has pacmen!