Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Unhappy Bleh. I'm sick.

Not "omg in my deathbed dying" sick, but sick enough that I still feel like crap and I'm not on very good terms with my throat at the moment.

I've been sitting here at my computer playing games and messing around online, but I'm almost feeling too weak even for that. Maybe I'll lie in bed and play Nintendo DS.

What do you guys do when you're sick?

Blog Entries

Im sick too....just a cough/sore throat, nothing too bad. Just enough to be annoying. I sleep more, drink more tea, complain more and im generally more lazy when I'm sick. My hubby made me make dinner today D: He should've been the one cookin!

....not that mostaccoli is hard or anything. I just want to complain to complain.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I've been dealing with new allergies popping up for a couple of weeks now. I made a thread about how pineapple made my mouth break out in hives... A week later my face broke out in a rash. I got some meds and it was almost gone, but then I ate blueberries and it came back so I am apparently also allergic to blueberries now. I just saw my face in a mirror and am now understanding why the lady at the post office was nicer to me than usual---I look like hell.

When I'm sick I sit around in my pajamas and craft and play video games and have BJ bring me glasses of water. So business as usual, basically.

This could be Dangerous! Carl the Llama's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Legendary Hero (Sargatanas)

I have a serious medical condition that weakens me and makes me more vulnerable to sickness, so feeling under the weather is just a matter of course for me, I just get on with it and try and not feel to sorry for myself.

Being allergic to penicillin also sucks, I have heard that it is very good for making people feel better, cest la vie I guess.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Me sick? Never I say. Or rather my boss says. I tend to get a cold and proceed to drug myself stupid on night nurse and day nurse and carry on. A few times that's led to me being really sick. I ended up once with a cold, a chest infection and a throat infection (all 3 were separate unrelated sicknesses according to my doctor) simultaneously. I was drugging myself up to try and make it in to work. I made it in but before we even opened I was swaying all over the show (literally swaying on my feet, couldn't stand up straight without holding on to something I was so close to passing out) My boss (the manager) actually tried to keep me in work that day, it was 3 supervisors and an LPO first-aider who basically told him "If you keep Steve here now and don't send him home, 1) everyone will catch at least one of the illnesses he has and 2) you will have to be calling him an ambulance before lunchtime. It's physically KILLING him to keep trying and he won't admit defeat, send him home but not on the tube, put him in a paid taxi...just so we know he's safe" My boss relented at that and sent me home in the taxi as suggested and told me to take a week or 2 to recover and not to be back before I was 100% I was off 2 weeks then.

Normally when I'm sick I either lay in bed watching movies or browsing the net on my laptop, play my DS or else if I can comfortably sit down play on my 360 (I sit on the end of the bed to do so as is)

Articles

FFXIV Character

Althalor Lightpike (Excalibur)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Social Media Manager

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserDragon View Post
    Being allergic to penicillin also sucks, I have heard that it is very good for making people feel better, cest la vie I guess.
    I'm allergic to that too! And some other antibiotics as well.

Also Steve, I have dragged myself into work like that before. I know how that goes, and it sucks.

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I don't think I've ever even been that sick before. o_O

When I get sick, it's usually some sort of cold with a runny nose and/or cough/sore throat. I'm miserable when it happens and will just try and stay home for a day to rest. I'll spend that day derping around on the Internet.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I always try and drag myself into work when I'm ill. Why waste sick days on 'being ill' when you can use them to go to a festival when you're out of holidays?

I was properly ill last year though with Colitis (not pleasant). I spent that time on a re-run of Ocarina of Time on my N64. Best illness ever!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    That actually put me in hospital for 2 days in the end on fluids and super strong antibiotic injections because combined with the exhaustion I suffered from my insomnia (which wasn't helped by being sick) I didn't actually have the bodily strength to fight the infections. I was pretty damn sick if we're honest, I never want to get that way again

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Berocca and a wank, then on with my day.

...you hot, salty nut! Recognized Member fire_of_avalon's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Very rarely am I ill. I read somewhere that the average American gets 3-4 colds per year and that seems unreal to me. I'll get a runny nose every once in a while, but an actual cold I get maybe once every year or year and a half. Seems that sometimes I've gone two. I know I didn't have a cold for all of 2011 and I'm fairly sure I didn't have one in 2010. I did get a stomach flu at the end of 2010 from my tiny cousin because I, stupidly, believed there was no way I could catch it from her. Her whole family'd had it and i was like "whatever I don't get sick! lalalala." The last thing I'd eaten before I lost my trout was garlic bread, so I couldn't have garlic for a month. I also lost 12 pounds in the span of 48 hours because of water loss.

I've only been what'd I'd call "really sick" twice. In my first year of college I got what I believe was strep throat for the first (and only) time in my life. For about four days in the really rough part I was a zombie. I would eat one meal a day and spend the rest of my time staring at the ceiling or wall. In my last year of college I got what I believe (and I say believe because I don't go to the doctor wtf) was the actual flu and that is the worst I have ever felt in my life. I couldn't sleep because my bones hurt. My friggin bones. If I'm ever that bad off again I will just shoot myself in the face.

Signature by rubah. I think.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Pumpkin Contrary (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Former Cid's Knight

I have pneumonia right now and I use it as an excuse for my laziness and not going to school. I'm not lazy, I'm sick. Other than that I get sick probably once in the winter and every month in the summer. Also when I travel. I seem to be alergic to travel. What I usually do when I'm sick is eat a lot less, drink a lot more water, shower every few hours, and make whiny noises so that people get me things.

Blood In The Water sharkythesharkdogg's Avatar

Stay inside!

Ghost 'n' Stuff NorthernChaosGod's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by NorthernChaosGod View Post
    That actually put me in hospital for 2 days in the end on fluids and super strong antibiotic injections because combined with the exhaustion I suffered from my insomnia (which wasn't helped by being sick) I didn't actually have the bodily strength to fight the infections. I was pretty damn sick if we're honest, I never want to get that way again
    I have definitely never been that sick before. That sucks. I blame your womanizing.

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

I got sick with allergies the very day I moved back to my apartment to resume law school. I'm just now getting over it.

When I'm sick, I mostly lie in bed and watch Netflix and eat poorly.