This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Default Round 2 : Compilation of Answers

1. When is double posting okay?

When you have something relevant to add to an art/writing topic, and I think it flies in Mafia games as well, but other than that it's edit function all the way.

2. What is the signature size limit?

550 pixels wide, 250 tall including text and 50kb. Leeza can probably attest that I should definitely know this.

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not?

The warn button is there to refer staffers to things like insults, excess spam and things like posting inappropriate pictures etc. Certainly not to be used for things like songs dedicated to the staff, and definitely not to be used to call the staff rude words. Definitely not.

4. How can a banned member get unbanned?

They have to appeal their case after the ban term is served and then it's up to the discretion of the staff whether they get unbanned or not.

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing?

As EoFF is a family friendly forum it is frowned upon, but light cursing such as "Damn" and so forth seems to pass. Also the censors are there for a reason so don't dodge them!

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future.

Just 'fess up and tell him. Honestly, Psy is one of the staffers who knows every account I've ever made on this website already. Not like it is something I would hide if someone asked me about anyway, I've got no plans to use them for anything terrible.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?

First do whatever is possible to get rid of the offensive images, then bring it up with the rest of staff ASAP. Strength in numbers, and all that jazz.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?

In a PM/IM or what have you, somewhere private. But then just tell it like it is, and say what needs to be said. I am not a fan of skirting the issue really. Not issues like this anyway!

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.

Same deal, really. Get him on an IM/PM and ask him what the deal is, try and talk him into getting back into the swing of things if he seems receptive and if not then put it out there that he may as well step down and hand the role to someone who really wants to do it if he cba. Being up front is the best way to do things.

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?

I guess try and check history to see who's seen what, then bring it up in the staff forum. I don't know what the policy on that sort of thing is so just posting it out there and seeing what's what is the best way to go, and then deal with whatever comes 'cause it would have been my own fault for leaving the opportunity there for people to do it in the first place, so suck it up and deal.

edit: I know ya'll are trying to post as little as possible in these confessional things but if you all need to clarify anything just ask and I'll do it to the best of my abilities

One Hundred Chimneys Recognized Member Tavrobel's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default ROUND 2 -- The Frostbite/Impale Fail

It is discouraged, but allowed for in threads that update themselves. Things like the Signature forums threads (eg, Polaris, Owen, etc), news (my KHII thread was littered with double posts), and Frontsite updates (again, I littered the thread with multi-posts).

550/250 L*H in pixels. Includes text. 50 KB for images.

To notify moderators of rules-violating posts. Obscenity, rudeness, and things of that sort are Warnable. These Warns should not be used to directly argue with the person at fault, as there is no knowledge of the warn to the offending person, nor should it be used to personally chat with a moderator; they (shouldn't) know, either.

Two years appeal, April Fool's Day, or the Fencing Cactuar exception. Accidentally banned members may make an immediate appeal to the moderators right away if they have a good case.

This forum is open to both children and adults. Though cursing exists, it should be used sparingly. Excessive, nuke-chained insults or derrogatory uses are not encouraged, and may result in warnings.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future.
    Hold up, Psychotic found it? I would argue that he is Psychotic, and let's face it. It's Psychotic.

On a more serious note, I would provide a reason for which the account was used (something like a competition where you needed to masquerade as someone else). Not that I would be found in this situation; if I want to tell someone something, I'll just tell them.

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?
    Make a thread in the staff forum and provide screenshots. This hypothetical situation must hypothetically be made knowledge to the rest of the Staff, who are capable of resolving justice.

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?
    Most likely a personal appeal via whatever contact method is available at the time. Taking into circumstances, if EoFF hit a recession, I would encourage the posting to at least stimulate activity, even if it is mostly "omg w3 haet j00z rubarhb" threads. Ignoring that I would just tell her to shut up and give a rational explanation accompanied by reasons for it.

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is.
    Sup kikimm?

Again, I would post it in the staff Forums and make it knowledgeable to the powers that be. I would follow on the argument that inactive moderators are not conducive to a dynamic online community, especially when people might send requests to him without an expectation of response. A year is already enough.

If I wanted to be a jerk, I might just tell Loony BoB who is on my side to just remove the CK status unilaterally. If he hasn't been on, I would suspect that people would not notice. I will ignore his relationship with rubah.

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?
    This would never happen to me as I have no friends, but okay.

I would find out how much they know (internet logs, anyone?), what they know, and how severe it is. If any such information could potentially compromise the Staff in a manner, that person(s) would be confronted and most likely banned on the spot.

In a more ethical manner, I would request to remove myself from Staff for having allowed the trust placed in my station to be violated. I would also let my failure be known to the remaining Staff and work to ensure that justice be resolved.

Default Linus's answers for ROUND 2.

Questions:

Confessional threads. Otherwise, don't ever double post. All members have access to the edit button.

Maximum height: 250 pixels
    Maximum width: 550 pixels
    Maximum file size: 50kb
    This includes all images and text within the signature.

The warn button should be used by any member who is offended or feels uncomfortable with what's contained in the post. This could be because of obscenities, racism, sexism, vulgar content, or basically anything that is actually offensive and inappropriate. It can also be used for completely off-topic posts such as "ROCKY IV IS THE BEST ONE" in a discussion about the materia system, or a post that says "CLOUD IS AWESOME" in a thread about puppies. The warn button should not be used to be silly and warn your friends, and should not be used after a moderator has already attended to the issue.

Two years of being on a full ban is enough time for members to learn their lessons and return if they wish.

Cursing is not generally tolerated as evidenced by some of the swear filters that are active. Posts containing excessive language should be and will be edited, with warnings attached.

Second accounts aren't allowed. Just ask Farside, NPC, Halloween, Penguins Attack!, Squires, and Caspian. If I did somehow forget one of my past second accounts and Psychotic misattributed it to dear old crashNUMBERS, I would just say "Hey, sorry, that's one of my old ones. Go ahead and ban it, as I don't really have a need for second accounts now that I am no longer banned, and go easy on crash. Tyluvubyekthx."

I would call Cid up like I do from time to time and say "Sean, sweety, it appears clout's gone berserk and needs to be banned."
    Or I would notify another administrator ASAP, maybe even tell the new owners so that they can also try to take legal action on him.

If I'm genuinely concerned that she's spamming too much, I'll send her a pm first saying that she's setting a bad example and that I'm seeing a trend of members being spammier than usual and that we should all try to cut back just for a little while. If things don't improve I may bring it up to the staff forum, as talking behind peoples' backs is unprofessional.

I'll drive to his university and kill Darren McFadden's family and I'll leave a note saying "Stu you best be moddin' some more." Or I would just send him a pm cause we're buddies and stuff and I want him to not forget this responsibility. He is going through a lot right now though with college and work, so depending on the time I might just suggest he take some time off from modding or retire to focus on more important real life stuff.

Well at this point in the rhetorical, it sounds like they've already gotten into the forum so there's no preventing what they might say to others. I think the only thing possible would be to kick them off once discovered and notify the rest of the staff that there's been an information leak and that we should press the red button as soon as possible for the mind-erasing javascript to take effect.

Blog Entries

Default not that i know staff forum protocol (round 2)

Here we go

1. When you're posting in a thread with a topic which is constantly being updated
    2. Width of 550px, height of 250px
    3. THE WARN BUTTON MUST ALWAYS BE USED
    4. Wait 2 years and appeal
    5. Don't do it too much and don't go around the filter
    6. (this sounds strangely familiar) I'd PM him and we discuss our plan to use the account next April fool's day
    7. Take screenshots, delete posts, make a thread in staff about it
    8. With a firm voice, besides, who cares if I think rubah isn't funny when we ALL know Aerith's Knight definitely isn't funny
    9. Make a srs business thread informing the rest of staff and hopefully start srs business discussion about it ()
    10. Rape. Or I don't know, log them off, make them unsee it. Are you really that uptight?

there was a picture here

Default Round 2 Challenge Questions/Answers

First off, I'd like to say how much I've enjoyed this competition, as clearly I'm somewhat unsure of myself in these answers... and I also would like to thank those who contributed the questions

Question The First-
    (From the FAQ)
    "When is double-posting okay?"
    Double posting is occasionally acceptable when timely updates are warranted (for example, an art or writing topic).

Question The Second - (From my User CP)
    "What is the signature size limit?"
    A maximum width of 550 pixels.
    A maximum height of 250 pixels.
    These include any text in the signature outside images.
    Total file size of all images combined must not exceed 50 KiB (51,200 bytes).

Question The Third - (From the FAQ..)
    "When should the warn button be used and when should it not?"
    Member moderation. It’s annoying when a spammer shows up. It's just as annoying when non-staff members start saying things like "Oh my god you spammer" or "Close this thread!". Please don’t do that. Just ignore the jerks and let the Mods take care of it. Posting NOTHING in response to them is the best thing to do. Unless you're a Mod, you shouldn’t be doing anything Mod-like. If you do want to help out, click the lightning bolt under the post to Warn their post and make a concise summary of what the problem is.

Question The Fourth - (From EOEO ban experience/The FAQ)
    "How can a banned member get unbanned?"
    There are a couple of types of ban, and for most of them, the main thing is to wise-up, be mature about it and realize your were wrong. If it's an EOEO ban, odds are you've been told how long it will last, and afterward, you're expected to be more respectful or mindful of what you say. If it's an entire forum ban, it would seem as though it will last for 2 years. At the end of this time, I assume the same is expected of you. The rules of the site aren't that strict, so it shouldn't be hard to foolow them.

Question The Fifth - (From the FAQ/Bending the rules)
    Profanity. The F-word and S-word are censored automatically by the MB. Don't try to get around the censor. Doing so will result in your post being edited, and a possible warning. Other swear words are not censored, but we discourage the use of them. If a staff member deems your swearing excessive or used in an inappropriate context, your post will be edited, and you will either receive an in-thread warning, a PM about your language, or, in an extreme case, you will be banned.

-I do tend to use swear words for emphasis, or in quoting/joking, but try not to direct them at anyone or use them excessively. We're mostly more grown-up enough to accept that people swear, but have to remember to keep it G-rated as much as possible.

Question The Sixth -
    "Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future."

I would tell Psychotic that it must indeed be the second account of someone else, since second accounts are against the rules and I wouldn't have one. I don't still want to use it in the future, because I don't have it.

If, in some alternate dimension, I did have a second account...I would own up to it, and Tell Psy that it belonged to me via PM or IM, and if I was insistent for some reason on using it again, I would ask him what steps I'd need to take to make this crazy dream a reality.

Question The Seventh -
    "crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin?"

I would most likely ask crono_logical about this strange flip in behaviour via PM/IM/#eoff and try to see what was going on. (Clearly someone has gotten into someone else's account for this to happen!) At the same time, I'd have to go to other CKs to see if they can contact other Admins and attempt to contact other Admins myself to see if they can put a stop to this behaviour as well.

Question The Eighth -
    "rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard?"

LOL If I have a problem with a fellow CK, or Admin/sitestaff, I'll go to them directly and ask them what's going on. Likely I'd use a PM instead of an IM (if I indeed had such a person's IM contact for whatever program) to be less intrusive. If the person doesn't respond or doesn't seem to respond WELL, I'd probably approach another of our peers (another CK) and ask them if they too notice the trend.

Here, my inferior knowledge of the EoFF staff world cripples me somewhat, but maybe a thread in the staff forums wouldn't be out of the question if both of the previously mentioned avenues fail.

Question The Ninth -
    "Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is."

Well this one's also a bit tough. Is there a quota of moderation? Do we need to close a certain amount of threads every year? While I understand that CKs should be active, there is also the possibility that he is beaten to the punch, or sometimes there isn't much modding to be done.

While there is always a need to tell people to chill, or get back on-topic, these are usually done quite quickly, if not by one CK, then by another. If he simply isn't reading a lot of threads, or not speaking up when he sees something clearly wrong going on, it doesn't make sense, but I doubt this is the case. Once again, I feel it would be better to talk to him individually before 'spurring' him into any kind of action.

The staff should be active, and should be doing it's job, and if one or more members don't seem to be doing it, then maybe less staff is necessary. This question itself makes me question the need to have another CK on-board, but if one is not doing their 'job', then they should be made to shape-up or ship out. I don't see how FORCING someone into action is ever good, so I would try to approach him directly about it first.

Question The Tenth -
    "Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do?"

LOL I'm so foolish and oblivious to my world..In this highly unlikely event, I'd most likely spend an hour crying in the shower trying to scrape the dirt off my STUPID STUPID body!!!...

Seriously, though, I'd have to immediately inform my fellow staffers of the situation, and seeing as how I have no idea what goes on in the Staff Forum, this could have varying degrees of consequence for me. Most likely I'd have already kept record of all those who came to my little party, so I would inform of those possibly involved, then throw myself on the mercy of the court, so to speak, and offer my services in repairing any possible damage.

Honestly...what harm can come of seeing the Keebler Elves at work?

And there you have it! Once again, thanks for taking the time to consider me, and if I don't move on, I would like to see how some current staff answer the scenarios, if not for a laugh, then for future reference

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default qwerty's Round Two

Answers posted in Green If you can't read it, just tell me and I'll change the color.

Double posting is only OK when timely updates are applicable. This includes Art threads, Writing threads, and game challenge threads.
    550 by 250 pixels, and 50kb in size. This includes text.
    The warn button should only be used if a user feels that someone is breaking a rule. This can be used for reviving old threads, posting an advertisement solely for the purpose of advertising, or another rule is broken and should be brought to the attention of the staff. The warn button should not be used for request of thread name changes, asking to edit a poll, or say something like "Hi rubah! PM me "
    Either the ban was not permanent, or after at least two years, the banned member can appeal to the staff that they have reformed themselves. The entire staff must approve of the unbanning for the unbanning to go through.
    The f and s words are instantly censored. Trying to get around this filter will result in a warning, and the post will be edited. Other swears can be used, but only in the appropriate context and not in excess.

I would not want another member to be unjustly punished. I would admit the account was mine, and crashNUMBARs is innocent. While the account would be fun, I would not want another member to take my blame.
    I would make a thread in the staff forum explaining my case to the rest of the staff. I would present the evidence to the rest of the staff, and try my best to see justice is brought unto him. I will then wait two years and see if he appeals to come back to EoFF two years later. I would have faith in the rest of the staff to see the evidence thats in front of them.
    I would send her a PM explaining that I find her spam to be too much. I would treat it no different than another non-knight member. If the problem persists, I would bring up the issue to the rest of the staff.
    I would make a thread to debate removing him from staff unless he begins to do actual moderating work. I would hope the thread would inspire him to get back to modding, but if it doesn't I would present the evidence to the rest of the staff.
    I would kick the people off of the computer, probably yell at them for a minute, then look through my browsing history and see what they saw. I would then give each of them a warning, and if they saw anything important, I would bring it up to the rest of the staff. I would take some responsibility for not securing my computer.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Momiji's Answers to the Round 2 Questions!

Questions:

Double posting is fine when it's used to update one's writing or art thread. It's also generally okay if you're doing a thread on your playthrough of a game, but it's nice to ask first in that case. In any other case, it is better to edit your post.

Because I often end up ignoring this rule (not on purpose!) and getting in trouble for it (Sorry, Leeza!) I almost know the rules by heart at this point. Signatures must be within 550 pixels in height and 250 pixels in size, and this includes text as well. The rule I kept getting in trouble for is because I exceed the filesize limits for images, which is 50 KB.

The 'warn' button should be used when threads are posted in the wrong location, if they contain generally offensive content, is spamming/multiposting excessively, or if they make personal attacks against a single person or group of people (e.g. racism, posts ruthlessly condemning specific religions, sexism, etc.), or any combination of the three. It is NOT okay to use the warn button if a person says something legitimate and it angers you, or if you're in an arguement and losing. Oh, and just using it to joke around is bad too.

Well, it depends on what type of ban the member is under. The duration of signature bans are usually at the CK/Admin's discretion, depending on the offense. EoEO bans generally last for about two weeks. Full bans are often permanent, but the offender has a chance to appeal their case after two years or so. Oh, and sometimes Del Murder unbans a random person just for the hell of it.

The s-word and the f-word are automatically edited. The other 'bad' words, however, aren't censored, but it's best that you don't use them TOO much.

I would inform him, but it wouldn't help my case at all. It would basically be for laughs at that point. It doesn't matter WHO the second account belongs to! Second accounts aren't allowed unless they're for Mafia or some other special occasion under admin discretion. So even if one would want to use a non-Mafia, non-permitted second account, they're screwed. Tough luck.

I would first screenshot the pages just in case he decides to be sneaky and delete them (just for proof!), and then I would delete the images or delete the post altogether. I would then report him to another admin, so the appropriate action can take place. And if they ask if I have any proof, I have it. It can then be posted into the hidden staff pr0n forum. Just kidding.

I would first ask her myself to stop it with an in-thread warning, and if she continues, I'd send a final warning via PM. If she continues, I would report her to the admins. And if the spamming is really bad, I would probably delete some of the posts. But rubah knows better, right? Right?

Well of course, I would take the route of pushing him into activity first. I would talk to him in a PM first about it, and if he never replies, I'd send another one to him, and then another, and then another, until his inbox is full. If such a thing were to fail at that point, I'd move on to e-mailing him. And if that doesn't work (and if he doesn't respond to PMs, I doubt he would respond to e-mail), I'd talk to BoB about it. I have a feeling the issue would end there, because it's pretty much out of my power at that point.

Well, the smart thing to do is to turn the computer off, and password-protect it if said sneaky friends try to get on. But since that isn't part of the question, I would first sneak behind them with a camera and get pictures of all of them doing such a naughty thing, so I have proof when I tell the admins. Then I would recommend a temporary ban for breaking rules and my trust (*sob*). I would then say mean things behind their back in the staff forum where they can't see it, because if they'd do such a bad thing, they definitely aren't my friends anymore!
    Last edited by Momiji; 04-04-2008 at 04:49 PM. Reason: I noticed I had the phrase 'on in' the first answer for some reason. How silly of me. :P

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Rye's Round 2 questions~ <3

In art and writing forums as an update! Say, you have this writing thread with limericks. You play a great game of Halo 3 with Paul, Dan, and the gang, and you see him teabagging the Townses like whoa. Unf unf unf. Inspiration! You type type type your poem, and update it your thread. It's okay in that case. Yup!

550 x 250 of them there pixels. And 50 kb file size limit. Be sure you keep at this. Or Leeza will GETCHA. I swear, she will.

It should be used to make the staff aware of a broken rule (thread out of place, inappropriate images, spam, flaming, etc) so that they can get on it and do their job! It shouldn't be used to have a conversation with Psychotic about Second Life or anything like that. Ever.

After 2 years of their initial banning, if they show good conduct, they can apply to be unbanned. The only other rare exception is if they're abused by Loony BoB. Apparently if he penetrates you, you get unban compensation. But I wouldn't recommend anyone go down that road.

Curse words are censored. You get a warning if you go around the censor filter. And you're definitely not allowed to curse in a foreign language. Like Norwegian. Ever.

Old second accounts! Naughty naughty!

You should get it merged together. That means that the post counts between the two accounts are combined. Psychotic is pretty easy to contact via PM. I like to harass him on MSN. Either one of those methods are good. He's not an #eoffer, nor does he use the other IM tools, so don't try him that way.

You contact Loony BoB/bug smittenkitten to get Loony BoB to come out of the shower and tell him the situation. He's pretty easy to catch on Yahoo, sometimes MSN. He'll get on it right away! HURRY! If not, contact another admin! I think Kishi has a crush on crono or something, so probably not him, but you get the general idea!

Talk to Hsu and tell him that as much as you love rubah and you want to stroke her hair as she types away on #eoff, that she's not representing herself in the best way. If gentle boyfriend advice does not work, contact her via #eoff and talk to her. All else fails, get foa up in the scene. No one sasses foa. Ever.

Don't modwhore in EoFF. That's obnoxious.

Clearly the course of action goes:

1) Take pictures of your panties and pigtails. Get BoB to do the same of smittenkitten.
    2) Send then to Lamonda and Nec in exchange for pictures of Kishi
    3) Create reality TV show style Cid Knight competition for pictures. rubah and Hsu will fight for these pictures! Hsu will finally find inspiration and will continue his job!
    4) ???
    5) Profit!

Oh NO!

Luckily, I've prepared for this since I was untimely ripped from the womb.

You get the perpetrators into a giant game of #tot. You ask them a lot of embarassing questions about the staff ("do your pants feel tighter when you think of Azar's ginger hair?"). Then. Oh ho ho, then you ask them if they were the ones who looked at the staff. Then you blackmail them to come forward to the staff and accept their punish, lest Azar finds out about your special feelings.

That, or you talk to them personally and discuss how what they did was wrong. Don't lecture them, but ask them to keep quiet about what they saw. I think talking to people on a personal basis shows a greater respect for them, and they're more willing to listen, than an anonymous "argh you did wrong!" PM. :] I think letting the staff KNOW what happened would probably be wise too. So it doesn't look like you're just blabbing secrets.
    Last edited by Rye; 04-04-2008 at 03:41 AM.

Default I am totally making a new thread that says ROUND 2 in the title.

Wit, I has it. Maybe.

Double posting is sometimes allowed for topics that have timely updates, for example for a writing thread where you post new chapters regularly.

Signatures have a limit of 250 pixels high and 550 pixels wide. This includes text as well as images. Additionally, the total file size of all images included must not go over 50 KB.

And while not a size limitation, signatures with randomly generated text or images are not allowed, and any signature that doesn't follow those rules or have questionable and/or problematic content will be removed or edit by staff. Your signature-editing priviledges can also be disabled if it happens several times.

The warn button should be used when you notice someone posting something that is against the forum rules, for example spamming or flaming or posting porn. Writing a summary of the situation and submitting only once is sufficent; no need to do it multiple times for the same offense.

The warn button should not be used to contact staff with urgent questions, or for chatting, as there are other tools available for that, like Private Messaging.

After a minimum of two years since the ban, a member can appeal to staff to demonstrate they have reformed enough to return.

The F-word and S-words are censored automatically. Other profanity is discouraged, even if they're not censored. If a staff thinks the swearing is too excessive, they can edit the post and give the member either an in-thread warning or a warning via PM, or in the most extreme case, ban them.

I would inform him that it is my old account. Even if I want to use the account in the future doesn't mean I'm allowed to, and lying about it could get another member in trouble, which would be unfair.

If I REALLY wanted to keep the account to use in the future, for example for contests (like Awards Guy), I guess I could always ask the permission from the staff to do so, even if it's not something they do commonly and I'm aware I'll most likely get a no.

If I just want to keep it because of the name, I could ask Leeza or Del to change my account's name instead.

I would send him a PM first requesting he removes the script since he's breaking the rules. Also, I'd contact other Admins and explain the situation to them since I would not have the priviledges to ban him myself.

Since I figure editing the posts would be physically impossible and members would probably be reporting like mad, if I were the only moderator around, I'd then make an apology to the community about the incident, and informing them that those with the power to correct the situation have been advised.

That, of course, is assuming crono_logical didn't ban me already for warning him via PM.

PM her. I'm not the type to hang my dirty laundry in public (is that how the expression goes in English?). I'd do my best to remain polite without being confrontational, explaining to her why I feel she is acting out of line.

I'm assuming that if Bob is on my side and no one else is, Hsu's inactivity was already discussed within the staff.

Once again, I'd PM him. I wouldn't attempt to drive him off staff. I would inform him that BoB and I have noticed that he hasn't been active in a year as a staff, and remind him that while the others don't see a reason to dismiss him yet, it could be an option in the future if the situation doesn't improve.

No need hiding what happened, it wouldn't be responsible. I'd inform the other members of the staff immediately about what has occured and who was involve and apologize for my negligence.

As for the EoFFers that saw the info in the Staff forums, I'd try to talk to them in private, so they realise that the rest of the staff is aware of what happened. I would not threaten them, but make sure they know that if they spread out the info, that the staff may have to enforce disciplinary measures.

Default Round 2: Rules? This place has rules?

When it is in a thread that requires regular updates, such as an art, writing, or RP thread. Even then, it should be an important enough thing to warrant an thread bump.

The maximum height it 250 pixels, the maximum width is 550 pixels, and the maximum file size is 50 KiB.

The warn button should be used to report spam, advertising messages, problematic posts such as those that harrass other members, double-posting, threads placed in wrong forums and other things that people feel need to be brought to Staff attention. It should not be used to try and contact the Staff with personal messages, nor to try and get someone in trouble for no reason.

By requesting an unbanning after a period of two years and talking it over with the sites admins.

While "the S-word" and "the F-word" are automatically censored, the remaining words are not, but are discouraged from use. If someone uses profanity excessively they will be warne of it, and their post may be edited.

I would simplly tell him that it is my old second account that I plan on using in the future. I'm assuming I have an awesome reason for wanting it, so I would explain why to him. In the end, I'd acdept whatever decision he made.

I would directly confront him and try to get him to stop through basic reason. If that failed, I'd approach Michael and Warden (or whatever the owners names are) and inform them of the issue.

I'd try to find out what her deal was. There would more likely than not be a reason behind it, and so I'd try to get to the bottom of it and work it out with her. If that failed I would take the issue up with the admins and her in a thread and try to work something out.

First I'd laugh at rubah not being on his side. Then I would try to talk to him about it, and spur him to activity through reason. Ask him why he has fallen behind on modertive action, and see if he plans to continue to not. If not, I would ask if he wants to remain on Staff, and if so why. Unless his answer is ridiculous I would leave it at that, and if he doesn't care about staying on Staff I'd tell him he should step down.

Ignore the numerous problems with this statement (like my lack of a house and the fact that I log out when I'm not on), I'd probably get on the members case about it, then make a thread in the Staff forum making the whole thing known and apologizing for it. From there, well, it would depend on the reaction of the rest of Staff.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

Master of the Fork Cid's Knight Freya's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Freya Meow (Sargatanas)

Default SWEET! Round 2 answers!

First off, what's up people who are reading this ^.^

Questions:

It really isn't ok unless it's something like this here confessionals.
    50 kb
    Well obviously when someone is doing something wrong. Otherwise, don't touch it.
    Two year wait most times, that is unless it was a very bad thing you did. You can also try to repent by talking to a mod or admin usually after those two years.
    This forum has a higher age demographic than many other forums. They don't like very vulgar words but less offensive words aren't so bad since we're almost all adults here.

I'd IM him. I IM him anyway so it's not like it's a hassle. If I didn't have him on my MSN then i'd PM him about it. Seeing as I'd be a CK I could use said second account. Tis a privilege!
    Well it's obviously a "nono", as the question says, meaning I'm not the only one who notices it. This means that other admins such as BoB can do something about it. Also i'd bring it up immediately in the staff forum. Again, being a CK, I wouldn't be the only one to notice. Look baloki was site staff and got banned, yes crono would have more power but the same probably would apply. Most of the CKs wouldn't like it either.
    I'd confront her, in a PM, in an nice way, to knock it off. She's a CK and needs to not show a bad example to the members. As a noob I looked up to them and still look up to them, showing a negative image is bad press!
    Well with BoB on my side nothing could go wrong! Just kidding. I understand not having him around would be a hinder the staff ranks slightly but kicking him off? I think that's a bit much, people do have lives. Some tend to step down like let's say.... levian? He could have become busy. I'd try to contact him and get BoB to try as well. If he becomes active GREAT! If not, I don't think we should just kick him off. If the others really become concerned maybe BoB could make a new usergroup for him. Leave the shiny title but hinder his actual powers.
    Why would they be on my computer? No one gets on my computer. I never leave EoFF to remember my password, not like they could see it anyway. IF it did some how happen, well I can't ban them, it was my fault for not watching the fools. I'd just have to kick them and threaten them with ban. Now if they start telling secrets i'd have to do something but what could I do? It was my fault that I left it open. That was my responsibility to keep that area to myself. If it was something too bad, say something they really shouldn't have seen, I'd have to take responsibility and step down. If I can't do a simple task as keeping secrets secret I don't deserve the CK title.

Last, I could say nice questions but I think you guys just liked writing bad things about what your staff mates might do

Default ROUND 2 Answers

Double posting is almost never ok, except for under unavoidable circumstances, like if someone has more than five attachments they need to post, or if what they have to say is too long for one post (which would take a lot). It's technically within the rules to do so in art/writing threads, but even then it's a better idea to copy everything from your last post, delete the post, then paste the contents into a new post with any new additions.

Max height of 250 pixels, max width of 550 pixels, max file size of 50 kb. They're listed in the sig changing thingy.

The warn button should be used when a post is breaking the rules or has been posted in the incorrect forum or something along those lines. Basically, if a post or thread requires a moderator's attention, the warn button should be used. It shouldn't be used for basically anything else. Don't use it because you disagree with the contents of a post. Don't use it for spam. I hear some staff members use it to send mass messages to the rest of the staff, though.

There is an appeal process available after two years of being banned. An appeal can be submitted to the staff and if the banned member can convince everyone on staff that they've changed and can behave themselves, they can be let back by a unanimous decision. The two years are from the banning of the user's last account. If someone is banned and makes a new account a year later and that one is banned, they have to wait two years after account number two.

Try not to do it. The F- and S-words are automatically censored and it is against the rules to try to get around them. Other words aren't technically against the rules, but don't use them in excess. Honestly, there's very little swearing on this site and it's probably best just to avoid it entirely. The forum is a better place without it.

Psy is pretty understanding and he'd probably believe me if I told him about the situation because he knows I'm a trustworthy guy! Just being honest and straightforward is the best way. If the account has some special purpose (a lot of staff members have second accounts for testing various things, and a few like Award Guy and loony bob penetrated me are openly second accounts used for special occasions) it wouldn't be a problem. Otherwise, it would likely be merged with my current account. (If it doesn't have a purpose, there's really no reason to keep it seperate)

I might try to talk some sense into him myself, but if that doesn't work (and it probably wouldn't since c_lout would have to be in the middle of a pretty severe breakdown to be doing that kind of thing) I'd go to a more sane admin or, more importantly, MichaelC or WarrenW. They outrank everybody.

Tell her in chat! She's always in chat. Point out that spamming to that extent is more acceptable in chat. That's why she loves it there. Best Chatter ten years running. I think it'd be less embarrassing for her if I told her in a joking way. "Dammit, rubah! stfu plz!" Nobody really needs anything like "Now, rubah, I know you like attention but you're making the rest of us look bad. Mmm hmm."

Tell him we have rubah and we'll punch her if he doesn't make himself useful.

Better yet, confront him somewhere outside of Eyeson since he doesn't seem to want to do anything there. BoB is an admin and he can be firm enough to lay down the law in a kind, motherly way. I don't think there's much I could do personally, though, being more of a peer than a superior.

I wouldn't try to have him kicked off the staff, though. Even an inactive CK doesn't really hurt anyone.

Dammit, Agrias!

That sounds like it'd be a pretty serious offense. Even though they technically did the badness in real life, I don't think it'd be too out of line to give them each an official warning. We warn users, not accounts. This isn't an online game where you're playing a character. Roto13 is Rhody Tobin. Loony BoB is Daniel Towns. We're all accountable for our actions.

If they managed to sneak a peek at anything highly confidential, they should be informed that if they share any of that information and we find out it was them, they'll be banned. (Though it might be difficult to pinpoint exactly who shared the info if there's more than one culprit.)

Default Round 2 Answers

Alrighty here we go.

Generally it's a no no. However in the case of something that requires periodic updates such as stories or generally things in the writing/art section then it's allowed when used for updating it. Otherwise just edit it.

550 X 250 which includes the text as well as the images. And the file size can't be more then 50 KB.

It SHOULD be used when a member stumbles across spam, flame, threads in the wrong forums, or otherwise anything that is in violation of the rules so that a mod can deal with it quickly. It SHOULDN'T be used in any case where rules aren't being broken or as a means to talk to staff.

For any temp ban, time generally. However for account bans, depending on the severity of the reason for banning, one year after the ban if you've shown that you are maturer now, and can prove that you deserve to be back on, and finally members of staff in agreement to give the said person another chance.

Minimum for small words like 'damn' 'crap' 'ass' etc. Worse words like S--- and F--- are blocked and it's no-no to try and get around the filters. But always a big no to using cursing and profanity as a means to insult or flame other members.

I would inform him of it, but seeing as I can't have a second account and have no need for one then I'll tell him to go ahead and do what needs doing on it as the account is just wasted space at this time.

I would first confront cl_out and ask him to stop this madness and fix the damages before it goes too far. I would also inform any active admins at the time of what happened so they can fix the damages if cl_out refuses.

I would tell her my concerns of the excess spam of late and ask her if she would cut it down a bit so that it doesn't seem like the staff is condoning lot's of spam.

I would try and get him more active and would just bring it up to him that he hasn't been a very active as a Knight lately and that he should try and step it up and work on getting to moderate more often when he's on, and to focus on that a little bit more while he's logged on.

Well if I thought people might do that I would naturally log out so they can't get in. But if I didn't foresee it and it happened, the second I found out I would quickly shoo them away from the computer and make sure they can't access my account again. I would then find out what they saw to make sure it wasn't anything important. Regardless I would bring it up with the rest of staff that some members got onto my account and I'll tell them what they might have read in the staff forum.

Well there is my answers. Hopefully I don't get points off for being so text book sounding, I kind of suck at answering these types of questions.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Blog Entries

Default round 2 stuff

1. When is double posting okay? never editing is better!

2. What is the signature size limit? 550 x 250 I used to get mine removed alot so I know that one xD

3. When should the warn button be used and when should it not? for posts that need quick attention drawn to them. warning someone just because you don't like them or for the fun of it is no good imo

4. How can a banned member get unbanned? after 2 years is it? or 1 year waiting then petition the staff.

5. What is EoFF's policy on cursing? we'd rather you didn't since there's some youngsters here. But we aren't going to go crazy anal killing psychos if you do once in awhile.

6. Psychotic has found your old second account but thinks it belongs to crashNUMBARs. Would you, and if so how, inform him of the discrepancy? You still want to use the account in future. Hmm I'd find him on msn and talk to him I suppose. He's always down for some wackyness

7. crono_logical is injecting javascript into everyone's posts that makes pictures of penises and vaginas (nonos on eoff!) pop up on every thread. How do you confront him and get him banned, him being an administrator and you a lowly Cid's Knight who can't ban admin? pm him or pm him in chat. I'd also inform the first admin I could about what was going on since they could probably handle the situation better than I

8. rubah won't shut the smurf up. You're really tired of her spamming everywhere and you think it's giving the rest of the staff a bad, if rather active, name. How do you tell her children are better seen and not heard? i'd say Allie stop being such a bum and act like a good little girl!

9. Hsu hasn't performed a moderative action in a year. Pick a course of either trying to drive him off staff or drive him to activity and state how you would do it. Assume that Loony BoB is on your side and no one else is. I'd harass him AND allie until he starts doing stuff again

10. Congratulations! You've just been made a Cid's Knight and you've decided to host a EoFF meetup at your house to celebrate. While you and your fellow EoFF buddies are partying it up, several people manage to browse a bit through the staff forum via your personal computer. What do you do? smack all of their hands for even having such ideas! then tell BoB what happened and say I was sorry for being such a dummy!
    Last edited by escobert; 04-04-2008 at 04:40 AM.

Default ROUND TWO

While I can't argue that I haven't done it before, There's really no -valid- reason for it. If you're posting in a thread to revive it, well honestly if it's needing to be revived it should prolly be looked into for just being closed. If you're posting in the a thread to basically restate something you said in the post before it or add something to it, well there are edit feature's for that. Either way, wether there's a -reason- to double post, it doesn't mean that it's actually allowed.

550px (Width) 250px (Height) and no more than 50kb in size. Also, Text counts, so having a whole sig in size 9 font is BAD.

The warn button should only be used in cases in which, either the thread has been put in the wrong forum (use the warn to alert the mods), has offended the person who is warning, or is just completely inappropriate (AKA a porn thred). It should -not- be used for things like warning a member to get back at them for an argument they had and other petty issues like that. It should always be used as a method of HELPING the forum and those who come to the forum, not for things that either don't help in anyway or hurt the forums.

Not entirely sure, but I think if someone who was banned under certain circumstances (like double accounts) can get in touch with the current staff a year plus later to see if they can basically get a probational period and eventually be let back on for good behavior. Now, if they did something like verbally abuse someone or even just abuse anyone in anyway, post pornographic pictures (unless there is some provable reason like they got hacked) then they will not be allowed back in because those things are Zero tolerance.

Most of the completely intolerable words are filtered out either by skulls or Smurfs. Either way, I believe over usage is not allowed. Granted this is a public forum, younger eyes still wander here and there is no need to go around having 3 different curse words in every other sentence you type. Curse words can be avoided and are never really -needed- so it's not like it can't be avoided. Some people consider words like hell, ass, and such cursing, others don't but either way, it's best to not abuse the fact you can type words like the such in abundance JUST because you can get away with it.

Well, I've never had another account, but if I did and this where the case... Assuming I was a CK at the time and I was alerted of this in other ways than of crash just being banned (as most of us non-CK's end up seeing first) I would tell him. There's no point or good that can come out of letting someone take a fall for something like a second account. I'm sure there would be talk of it in the staff forum, about how Psy had reason to believe that the account belonged to crash. I would openly tell him and who ever else is ready to condemn crash, that it was an older account of mine that I hadn't used in a good while, depending on what happened I would allow myself to be banned (even though I'd be totally sad) and hope that I'd be allowed back on good behavior.
    If everything was okay and I wasn't banned I'd let him just ban the second account. There's no reason for me (or anyone (unless ninja CK spying reasons that I'm sure you have) to have a second account.

While I'm sure he wouldn't do something like this, I'd prolly first go to #eoff and see if everythings okay, like he's not being hacked or anything, if he openly admitted to doing it and that he was not hacked, I'd ask him to -please- stop because whether or not he's an admin he -still- has to follow the forum rules and not only is that against the rules but it's very disrespectful to the entire community. Since I wouldn't be able to ban him, I would most likely (after talking to other CK's about the best course of action) go to another admin and alert him or her of what's going on (assuming they don't know what's going on already) and let them lay down the law since I'm unable too.
    I would do my best to get him banned though, while an admin does have a good amount of power, it's not the kind of power that threatens the sanctity of the forum and it's users and it would -not- be allowed.

Seeing as Rubah's a friend of mine I'd prolly go to her first with a friend attitude, basically asking why she's doing all this spamming and that it's seriously becoming annoying. If she continues to do so I'd remind her, that last time I checked she was not a noob that didn't know the spamming rules and unless she wants further action taken then she really needs to stop, it's disruptive to the forum as a whole, not to mention various people may lose respect for the staff, if they hadn't already.
    If she persisted, I'd go to the other CK's and work with them about what to do, while Rubah is a CK she's not immune to the rules and not only that, it's disruptive to everyone on the forum and while a CK may have some ammount of power, they should also have some kind of empathy to their community mates and not have the want to cause mass disruption to the community.

I wouldn't drive him off, it seems like a cowardly thing to do.
    I would point out the obvious, CK's are needed to keep the forum nice and clean, in many many ways, and if they are inactive or is acting like any other member, then he should be such, any other member. Not moderating as a moderator doesn't help the forum as a whole, and if no one else but BoB understands this, then maybe they need to rethink their attachments to Hsu and think about the fact that while Hsu has been doing his job in the past very well, he is not now, and there are other people who would be able to do the job very well and they should not lose the chance because the staff wants to keep someone on who isn't bringing anything to the plate.
    If anything, the thought of losing his mod status should drive him to become active or just the fact that others may be able to do better than him may just get him to step down. There surely would be a good reason for him doing this, and depending on what the reason is there should be a good solution to get him back to working or letting someone else take over the job he is not doing.

I wouldn't let them. I assume that staff abilities are tied to the name and not the IP address, I'd tell them that if they wanna look at the staff forums then they'll want to make an effort to become a CK and until then they're going to have to sign into their own name. There's -no- reason that someone should sign onto EoFF using my name or my computer, if we're having a party it wouldn't be to hang out on the computer, it'd be to hang out with my fellow EoFFers IRL -not- online. It's really -that- simple.