Thread: Red Mages in the late chapters

Default Red Mages in the late chapters

My party consists of Knight, Black Mage, Red Mage and Ranger and I am now in the middle of chapter eight and at level 35/36. I am happy with all my classes and would like to keep them throughout the game, except for the Red Mage. She has been very useful in the game, but now she's starting to lag behind. Her magic isn't that good anymore, she can only cast Raise once and her attacks are low as well.

I have had her as a Red Mage from the very begining, though, so her Job Class is high. Is it worth her to switch her job, and if so, what job should I switch her to?
    My personal blog - Awareness and Geekiness.

Zanshaa Docks - a brand new geek forum, up and running!

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?

I recommend using a White Mage. They have more healing spells and are better healers. If you have a Sage, you can use that too. They can learn ALL mage spells, but their magic is a bit weaker than white mages, black mages, etc.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

I have considered a White Mage before, but I never used that Job as I couldn't find equipment to buy anywhere. Any tips on where I can buy armour and weapon for a WM?

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'd personally recommend that you make your Red Mage a Sage later in the game, especially if you're playing the NES version. Of course, they nerfed the Sage in the DS version, but I'd still recommend it since it still has more options for magic, though weaker. I would also recommend that you invest one of your characters as a Shaman/whatever the DS name for the higher-level White Mage is (I have forgotten what the name is ) as well.

I'm playing the DS-version. When can I make them into those version? I have changed my Red Mage into a White Mage for now, although I am lacking some good equipment for her. Does anyone know where I can get equipment for a white mage in FF-III DS?

Quote Originally Posted by Tabris View Post
    I'm playing the DS-version. When can I make them into those version? I have changed my Red Mage into a White Mage for now, although I am lacking some good equipment for her. Does anyone know where I can get equipment for a white mage in FF-III DS?
    Some of the equipment that you bought for your Black Mage can be equipped on the White Mage as well

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Yeah, I've found a White Robe and some stuff. Guess I'll read some more faqs to find out more about helms and shields and if that's possible. Thanks, guys.