Thread: Red Mage in DoS - something wrong?

Default Red Mage in DoS - something wrong?

First of all i want to say hello because it's my first post on this forum and apology for my certain grammar mistakes in my statements because my english isn't perfect for sure. But I hope it's good enough for You to understand what I'm thinking about :P

I have a little problem with RM. I played FF1 on NES long time ago and now i started playing DoS in GBA. Everything is cool, but when my chars are lvling up my RM always gets +2 hp per lvl. I don't think that RM have so low hp increasement per lvl because in NES version he had much bigger hp increasement per lvl and for now (on DoS version) on 6th lvl he have less hp than my BM. Does RM really has so low hp increasment modifier or is it a bug? Or maybe I have bad luck?

Free-range Human Recognized Member Lawr's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Every time you level up, the increase in your stats is random, so you're probably just unlucky, but I'm sure at the (SPOILER)Class Change and more levels, your HP will get back to normal
    placeholder_text.jpeg

Yeah, now I see. Now at lvl 14 my RM have 170 hp, but at all he has 30 hp less than my WM :/ It's not my lucky game.

Thank You anyway for this respond =]

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Iten View Post
    First of all i want to say hello because it's my first post on this forum and apology for my certain grammar mistakes in my statements because my english isn't perfect for sure. But I hope it's good enough for You to understand what I'm thinking about :P

I have a little problem with RM. I played FF1 on NES long time ago and now i started playing DoS in GBA. Everything is cool, but when my chars are lvling up my RM always gets +2 hp per lvl. I don't think that RM have so low hp increasement per lvl because in NES version he had much bigger hp increasement per lvl and for now (on DoS version) on 6th lvl he have less hp than my BM. Does RM really has so low hp increasment modifier or is it a bug? Or maybe I have bad luck?
    Don't worry, your English is easy to understand.

I wouldn't say it's a bug really, I suppose the stat boosts are all based on probability. I don't think it should be too much of an issue for you. There should be a few times that your RM levels up and gets a massive stat boost, and that should make up for the slow time it's having now. And I agree with Sagensyg-- the stats will improve nevertheless when you change classes.

Welcome to EoFF, by the way, Iten.

I consistantly had my WM have the highest HP in the game, until I power leveled to about 80 and had my ninja, knight, and WW hit 999 HP. My BW has like 906 or something at lvl 86, but he hit 999 MP before my WW. So yea, it's luck of the draw.

The thread's been dead a month, I know, but hey, my net's been dead for three, so there.

The Red Mage is a lot weaker, a lot less broken and horribly unbalanced in the DoS version, so you'll generally find he's just not as bad-ass anymore. He will indeed rate below the White Mage in HP growth as his is basically lowest. Heck, even back in the NES version of FFIII his HP growth was excruciatingly slow.

It all depends in how soon you change the classes of your characters. For example, if you wanna have a Black Wizard with 999 or any other character that isn't a magic expert, the sooner you turn into another class, the more the stat growth will be bette.
    Strago Magus

Try different types of equipment. It may influence the stats. I don't recall this in my play through.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by ReloadPsi View Post
    The thread's been dead a month, I know, but hey, my net's been dead for three, so there.

The Red Mage is a lot weaker, a lot less broken and horribly unbalanced in the DoS version, so you'll generally find he's just not as bad-ass anymore. He will indeed rate below the White Mage in HP growth as his is basically lowest. Heck, even back in the NES version of FFIII his HP growth was excruciatingly slow.
    It's a real shame how the the RM turned out in the DoS version. Certainly preferred him in the NES version; little incentive to really bother in the DoS version.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.