Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 1 (Team Fruity)

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

Jess wrote a really long post and then IE decided to error and restart. I'm going to have to re-write. :weep:

Edit:

Okay, let’s try again in short:

I was originally leaning towards Candidate 4, because I think that the general section of the forum is much more active in comparison to the gaming forums. However, both candidates are inactive in one area of the forum and this can easily be fixed.

Both candidates seem like they would make decent CKs, and it is difficult because we only have 5/6 lines of information to base our decision on. It could be easier if we had more information and could look at previous posts – but we’ll have to make do with what we’ve got.

I think it really depends on what way you look at as for what candidate I would choose. It seems like most people are looking at this as if we’re the only group of staff, and if this is the way we’re looking at it then I would go for candidate 3 because our group seems to have a fair few people that are similar to candidate 4, and I don’t think that the staff should be made up of just one type of person. We need to go for somebody who would bring something new to the table. If I was looking at this from a current staff point of view; I think that there are more Candidate 3s and would go for Candidate 4 because I don’t think there are many staffers like Candidate 4.
    Last edited by Jess; 04-07-2008 at 08:24 PM.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Rye, smitten, Jess and myself were just chatting in #teamfruity and we were thinking that we should view this decision as an addition to the current staff members and not as if we are the staff. We figured we should make that distinction because several of us feel that 3/4 will work well/poorly depending upon which staff they're working with. If anyone strongly feels that we should view this as we are the staff, please say so.

If anyone wants to change their vote, please do. If we're looking at current staff, I would like to change my vote to Candidate 4.

Also, come to #teamfruity!
    Last edited by Flying Mullet; 04-07-2008 at 08:29 PM.
    Figaro Castle

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Okay how about we stop thinking about what's good and bad about the candidates because I think we have established what their advantages and disadvantages are. We could talk about which candidate will make Eoff better and what Eoff needs at this current moment.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten View Post
    We could talk about ... what Eoff needs at this current moment.
    More cowbell, obviously.

But yes, I agree we need to look at EoFF. That's why I think it's important that we come to a consensus on which staff we are promoting into as Candidate 3 and 4 will fit into the two staff structures very differently.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    We could talk about ... what Eoff needs at this current moment.
    More cowbell, obviously.

But yes, I agree we need to look at EoFF. That's why I think it's important that we come to a consensus on which staff we are promoting into as Candidate 3 and 4 will fit into the two staff structures very differently.
    You and that cowbell. :rolleyes2

Yes we need to look at Eoff. Getting a new Cid's Knight isn't just for the staff to get a new buddy but to make Eoff a better place and hopefullly add something extra. We need to find that Candidate that Eoff needs right now. I think that Eoff before the Eoff CK Contest is well sorry to say it but rather dull. It use to be so lively and everything was happening at once only a couple of years ago. We need someone who's lively and full of bright ideas.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Agreed. If we are looking at the current staff I think Candidate 4 is a better choice. If we were the staffers I would vote for Candidate 3 as I think several of us are "zany" like Candidate 4.
    Figaro Castle

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

What really bugs me is that Candidate 5 has many ideas but has two really bad disadvantages. Eoff really needs ideas. As for the liveliness Candidate 4 is the winner in that section. If only there was someone with Candidates 5's ideas, Candidate 4's liveliness and Candidates 3's respect and gaming obsession. ^__^

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

That would make things too easy.

I actually think that Candidate 5 was dismissed too early. As I said before, just because somebody shies away from confrontation on a personal level it doesn't mean that they would do the same on a professional level. Many people adapt to suit their roles if they have a job to do and responsibilities. However, the periods of next-to-no activity probably would have made them lose out in the end anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Rye, smitten, Jess and myself were just chatting in #teamfruity and we were thinking that we should view this decision as an addition to the current staff members and not as if we are the staff. We figured we should make that distinction because several of us feel that 3/4 will work well/poorly depending upon which staff they're working with. If anyone strongly feels that we should view this as we are the staff, please say so.

If anyone wants to change their vote, please do. If we're looking at current staff, I would like to change my vote to Candidate 4.

Also, come to #teamfruity!
    In Del Murder's first post it says that we have to act as the staff, which implies that we should view the new candidate as an addition to our hypothetical staff. Maybe I'm wrong, though?

Part of Del's post:
    Congratulations! You are now part of the staff! Hypothetically, at least. For this task your group will act as the staff, and you must come together to make an important decision...the very same decision that the current staff is trying to make right now.
    ..and, I have no idea how this IRC chat thing works?

EDIT: Just saw the post where he said it's up to us again. I don't care whether or not we're selecting one for our hypothetical staff or the current staff. I love diversity and think it's very important and also essential to a staff of any kind - so, if we're making this decision based on the fact that we're selecting one for the current staff, which it seems we are, my vote'll also have to go to candidate 4.
    Last edited by Breine; 04-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    That would make things too easy.

I actually think that Candidate 5 was dismissed too early. As I said before, just because somebody shies away from confrontation on a personal level it doesn't mean that they would do the same on a professional level. Many people adapt to suit their roles if they have a job to do and responsibilities. However, the periods of next-to-no activity probably would have made them lose out in the end anyway.
    Totally agree I thought 5 was great because he/she had great ideas which is what I think we need. What are your thoughts on what Eoff needs? :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Breine
    In Del Murder's first post it says that we have to act as the staff, which implies that we should view the new candidate as an addition to our hypothetical staff. Maybe I'm wrong, though?
    Quote Originally Posted by Linus View Post
    Questions for Jeff Probst:
    1. Are we choosing these candidates based on the current Cid's Knights, or a hypothetical staff? =)
    Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Question 1 is left up to you.
    You choose one person only.
    For you Briene~
    Last edited by smittenkitten; 04-07-2008 at 09:07 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think Candidate 5 would make a great Recognized Member, but not a Cid's Knight. I would rather promote someone that shows they will take a stand and aren't worried about always being everyone's friend, because that's what moderators have to be able to do. I don't see Candidate 5 doing this.

Quote Originally Posted by Breine View Post
    ..and, I have no idea how this IRC chat thing works?
    Go to chat and log in with a screen name. Once the Java applet is loaded, type in or copy/paste/duh "/join #teamfruity" and it will open a chat window and you'll join the chat room.
    Figaro Castle

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I've been acting on an interpretation similar to Breine's. The situation provided to us is that we are the staff. As such, I've been viewing the candidates as how they can contribute to our group, not the real group of Knights.

Assuming this is meant to be an addition to our staff, I'm sticking with my vote for candidate three.

Assuming we are meant to choose an addition to the real EoFF staff, then I definitely recognize the merits of candidate four and would definitely support his election.

Perhaps we might be able to get some clarification as to how we were intended to understand this situation as it was presented by Del? Wow, I'm slow. ; ;

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

What are your thoughts on what Eoff needs? :mog:
    I don't think that it is down to the staff alone to give EoFF what it needs. I don't think the EoFF community should rely on the staff to inject EoFF with fun and new ideas, because anybody can get involved and try to do so. I'm looking at this purely from who I think would make a good moderator.

Edit: Ouch! if you look at smittenkitten's last post, Del said it is left up to us. I think we can interpret it in either way. However, I think we should all use the same interpretation as to what candidate we choose. I don't mind which.
    _________

Okay, so we are holding a vote as to what way we are going to interpret this, as our own group as staff or as the current staff.

I'm voting for current staff and here's my reasoning: We don't know what each of us would be like as CKs. Whereas we do know what the current staff are like.

Vote count:
    Jess: Current Staff
    Flying Mullet: Current Staff
    Rye: Current Staff
    Ouch!: Hypothetical Staff
    Breine: Hypothetical Staff
    smittenkitten: Hypothetical Staff
    Roto13: Current Staff
    Last edited by Jess; 04-07-2008 at 09:33 PM.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Yes, the majority of us thus far are viewing this as current staff, and by association, a lot of us have changed our votes to Candidate 4, if we weren't set on them already.

Please, post your vote changes accordingly!

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Assuming we are electing a Knight for the current EoFF staff, I will accordingly change my vote to candidate four.