Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 2 (Team Awesome)

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It never says "shy" it says "shies from confrontations".

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    It never says "shy" it says "shies from confrontations".
    well that still fits with my point if a confrontation is brought to them. I'm not arguing they're not a good candidate, just that the flaws in every candidate needs to be pointed out.

No candidate is perfect, we have to note the problems, accept and maybe even embrace them.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

GC- Moderate, more reading then posting.
    EoEo- Moderate, Read a lot more than post
    Lounge- Low, only if I want to make a thread or see the newest post is something I like
    General Gaming- Moderate, like reading about games and occasionally posting my input.
    Art- Low, need to work on that.
    Writer's Corner- Low, again, need to work on that.

FF1-3: Low.
    FFIV: High, read new posts when there are some.
    V-VI: Moderate, wander in to read from time to time.
    VII-VIII: Moderate, see above.
    IX-X: Low, really end up here.
    XI: Low, never.
    XII: Low, never.
    KH: Low, never.
    General FF- Moderate, usually read thread not involving "Which _____ is ______?"
    The rest: Low, not a lot.

From the profiles, I must say I'm leaning toward Candidate #3. There don't seem to be a ton of Knights that are gaming forum nuts, so it's a niche that needs filling. Plus he/she has been here a fair amount of time.

EDIT: Oh geez, lot has happened since I started this post. Anyway, list of Candidates...

1) Candidate 3
    2) Candidate 1
    3) Candidate 5
    4) Candidate 2
    5) Candidate 4
    Last edited by Rase; 04-06-2008 at 08:11 PM.
    Boy am I an unfunny ass.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Oh wow.

I think 4 should be out. We don't need another CK in GC. We need one that goes to at least a number of other sections.

I like 1, 3, and 5. Actually, strike that. I am between 3 and 5. I think they are the best two candidates.

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Out of everyone, 3 and 5 stand out as the biggest needs in both our staff, and the real staff.

I feel that the FF sections could always use more help, in our staff and the real, which is a plus for both 3 more then 5.

I'd like to see mods that like to do fun interactive things with the forum. I think thats what really separates EoFF from other places, this competition being a an example, a plus for 5.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Well it is safe for us to say that 4 is out for us.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by qwertyxsora View Post
    Well it is safe for us to say that 4 is out for us.
    I can agree with that, Ciddies aren't important to become a CK, we have enough of GC CK's (real and on our imaginary staff), appears to have had problems with the staff already, I don't really see any advantages here.

The Nerd Who Knows Pant Leg Eater from the Bad World's Avatar
    Blog Entries

So are we pretty much down between 3 and 5 now?

<PaperStar> live fast, die young, bad plefs do it well

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

ljkkjlcm9 favors candidate one, and we still have members who have yet to contribute.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Candidate 1 - I like this guy because he has been around. He has seen how the forums evolve and change as time goes on as well as how moderation has flowed through out the years.

Part of the problem with this guy is that he only goes to the general areas(at least now) and is not insanely active.

Not really being active with newer members is also a big problem because those are were most of the problems one would have to deal with comes up. They are new, inexperience with the rules and the flow of EoFF. Old members know the limits and know the boundries better.

Candidate 2 - This person I like a lot. Because most of the problems will come from newer members, it is always good to have a fresh popular face on the staff. Spam and immature is not that big of a deal. Being new he will grow into it. It isn't that big of a deal.

He is active in all forums and eventually people just get sick of the same threads in FF1-12 and start to stick to just general.

Old people not knowing him isn't a concern either...that is why BoB and Kawaii are still on staff...so that old people don't have to change their ways ;D

He is new so who knows how long that enthusiasm will change but for now he seems pretty good.

Candidate 3 - General Forums are the most active and he doesn't post there. I think he will eventually. It is a good idea to have a person in the other forums that is active there and has been for a decent amount of time.

Even though a lot of the other activity in the generals is low, having a person who knows the flow of the other forums very well out wieghs that.

Candidate 4 - This could be a fun person to put on the staff but he is less of what other candidates are. His biggest prospect is that he was anti-staff and probably fought with them all the time. This is a big plus because he knows that line of thinking and how to handle those people. I think he is overall one of the weakest candidates as there are already jokesters on the staff ;D

Candidate 5 - Non-confrontational is a bad thing but he isn't the person who would go out there and defuse a problem. There are plenty of others to do that. Part of the staffs job is more than that. It is helping to promote the community and keep it active and interesting. That is always a good thing and another person like this on the staff is always a good thing. Spiking inactivity isn't always a bad thing as far as I am concerned. Big tests at school need studing for, vaction, business flights. People have a life outside the forum but he keeps coming back and since he isn't the enforcer type, this spiking inactivity is not as big of a concern.

I like the order of

Part of the problem I think you all are having is thinking that this person needs all the best qualities of a staff member instead of thinking where the holes on the staff need to be filled. The staff works as a unit and not a bunch of solo individuals.

Hey....BoB...can we get some made up statistics on where coverage gaps in the staff are ;D You are the stat man XD

Alright, sorry I havent been here, now let me jump right into this.

Candidate 1 would be a decent addition, for one he is an older member, that means he has seen a lot of people come and go, so he knows the drill. If he is well respected by most of the older members then there is a good chance he would be respected with the staff. Unfortunately, our staff has less older members and more newbie’s. Another negative thing is that he doesn’t have much interaction with the newer members, but if he is active in the feedback forum he could see a range of peoples views on the site and what should be changed. If he is a moderate member after being a long time member then it is safe to say he probably won’t take off from the site anytime soon.

Candidate 2 is harder to get a view on. He is a newer member, but quickly became one of the top posters, so a lot of members will know him and like him. A problem is, while the newer members would respect him as a CK a lot of the older members may not take him seriously as a member of the staff, though I doubt that any oldbie would not show respect to a Cid Knight. Mainly posting in General Chat is a good thing as General Chat is where the majority of problems arise, and he still browses through the rest of the forum, that is a good thing as he is spending more time in the spamiest area of the forum. I think it is alright for a CK to act immature and spam sometimes, as long as they don’t let it get in the way of there moding activity. And it would give them the look of not taking themselves to seriously and make them well liked amongst the general public.

Candidate 3 seems like a friendly member who would be fun to know, but I am not sure that they would be the best CK. One thing that comes to mind is that he doesn’t get involved in Forum Activities, he wouldn’t be active in most areas that need modding, and he wouldn’t be involved with the staff when there were trying to get the forum to get involved. Being calm and low key could be a plus as they wouldn’t get angry at other members and the way they reacted to a member would be more driven by reason rather then emotion. Could be up to the job, but not my first choice.

Candidate 4 is the person I think is least fit for the job. First things first, if he never visit’s the gaming forums then he wont get a cross section of what is going on in around the fora. I don’t think the past Anti-Staff attitude bothers me, as many people change there tune. I could also forgive his past run ins with the staff if they were in the past and he has kept in line for recent history, but if not then he could end up simply undermining the efforts of the staff, now with power. Simply put, my last choice for staff.

Candidate 5 seems like a good candidate, but is not without his flaws. If he has been posting for two years than I think that his periods of inactivity could be overlooked as long as they weren’t for exceedingly long times. He seems like he is already active in the site, coming up with ideas, and keeping activity in the site fresh and fun, that could be a good edition to the staff. Being well liked is an obvious plus, people who are well liked are more likely to be listened to without them having to resort to using the CK authority. But them being unconfrentational could be a problem, making them want to stay away from a member who is causing seriously problems, and leave it up to another member of the staff. He could make a decent addition.

This is just my initial look at what is going on. Obviously I think canidate number four is out.
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

the only reason I didn't say candidate 3, is because it seems a lot like me.

The fact that you're all picking candidate 3 actually makes me feel really good, I love the candidate personally! lol
    I think we're determining based off of us, not off of the current staff.

I think it's between 1, 3, 5

the reason I'm counting 2 out at this point... yeah it's because he's pretty new. The one thing about older candidates is you can be sure they're going to be around for awhile. A new person might get bored with it after a short while.

THE JACKEL
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 04-06-2008 at 11:02 PM.
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm going to reread 1, 3, and 5 and decide who I like and why.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Yep...That is why I favor 2 and 5. I don't think most of us really create new activities or are super active in the gaming forums as a whole.

My main strike against the 3rd guy is that he doesn't participate in events or go the the general at all. I think #2 covers this area and is active through out the rest of the forum. Being new is also a plus because he will be more free to bring up different ideas on how a situation should be dealt with rather than the same old same old.

As they say...new is the wave of the future? XD

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I like most of these candidates, and with the exception of four, I think all of them would be great additions to the staff. After reading 2's description a little more, I think that s/he moved up on my list. I just really like that s/he posts in all areas, and I feel that s/he will eventually stop with the spamming.

A big problem I would have with 1 is that s/he does not interact well with the newer members. That is the only negative that I see with him/her, as originality is good.

I still favor 3 or 5 the most, but I can see how 2 can be a good addition to our group.