Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 2 (Team Awesome)

Quote Originally Posted by Dolentrean
    Candidate 1 -

-Oldbie - Good thing, as Bahamut said that is something we are lacking +1
    -Well known and respected I think respect goes along way +1
    -Not much interaction with the newer members, I think we have that covered anyways with most of our staff. 0
    -Posts mainly in GC and Feedback, this isn’t really a bad thing, but as we already have these areas covered very well with our staff this isn’t necessary. 0
    -Has a smart unique personality and outlook that not many others have, this is a very big plus for obvious reasons +1.5
    - Form activity currently moderate, This isn’t a bad thing, he is still active. 0
    Overall +3.5

Candidate 2 -

- joined within the last year and is a highly active poster, this could show someone who is going to get burnt out and leave the site in the near future. -0.5
    -Well received and like by most of the newer members, but some of the oldbies will probably claim they've never heard of this person. This is something that isn’t really a bad thing, it just isn’t a good thing, again, we have most of the new members covered. 0
    - Active everywhere, mainly GC. I think this is a good quality, anyone who is in all the forums is a plus, GC is the area with the most spam and need for modding. +1
    - Friendly poster is a plus, but tendency to Spam and be Immature at times is a negative aspect, this might change when he is made a CK but as of now he probably isn’t ready to join the staff. -1
    -Activity level: very high. This is a good thing, activity is good. +1
    Overall +0.5

Candidate 3 -

-Has been an active member for three years. This is a good thing, he isn’t a newbie, maybe not an oldbie but not a newbie, also if he has been active for three years then he probably wont vanish on us. +1
    -Posts a lot in the gaming forums, but not as much in GC. This I find as a plus, I think that while we do have a good cross section of the site covered with our current staff the Gaming Forums is where, we as a staff are slightly lacking, so some more activity there could be a plus. +1
    -Is well known and well respected in the gaming forums for their helpfulness and advice. There is that key word respect again. There may be a small chance that they could be less helpful in the gaming forum once they become a CK, but maybe not. +0.5
    - Calm, hardly ever participates in forum 'events'. This isn’t a good thing, but it isn’t really a bad thing, not much else to say. 0
    -Forum activity level is very high in the Gaming forums, much less so in the General forums. He isn’t gone fully from the General Forums, just not as active. I think that the high level of activity in the Gaming Forums is very useful. +1
    Overall +3.5

Candidate 5 -

-Joined two years ago, has become an active member. +1
    -Posts interactive threads and event ideas. He obviously is trying to keep activity high and make the forum fun for everyone, I think this has staff written all over it. +1
    -Well liked by the community for their upbeat personality. While not the same as being respected being liked is still a plus, just not as much. +0.5
    -Shies away from confrontation. This isn’t a good thing obviously, a CK has to be able to stand up to the plate, but as it says the reason they shy away from conflict is because they are sensitive and not nervous, I am not taking off a full point. -0.5
    -Sometimes is inactive, vanishes for periods of time and doesn’t post much. Bad thing, not a very bad thing as they always come back, but not a good thing. -0.5
    Overall +1.5
    Oh, did I mention I'm awesome?

Alright heading to work so I'll be gone by the time we finally make the decision and the round ends. Time is running low so I suggest we take everything said into consideration and do a simple ranking to determine which knight to pick.

I suggest the way we do it is majority ranking through the points. To make it simple we should each rank a candidate, 1 and 2, 1 being first choice, and 2 being second.

First choice gets a point of 2, and second gets a point of 1. Highest points win.

Either that or we stick with our current ranking (which I find a little more complex then necessary ) . So at the moment it seems like candidate 3 is winning. Anyways if we do my system then my first choice is for 1, and second is for 3.

Well then this is my last post before I get back, so I hope to see our results when I get back.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm going to do my post soon, big post though so give me a few minutes.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Alright, I'm back, and I'll be here to help. Sorry about all that, I didn't plan on getting sick.

Anyway, I thought about it while drifting off in class. I've decided to interpret this as THE JACKAL did, and incorporate whether we'd need them in our staff. So, I'm going to put this in order in this whether we need them or not, and have the pluses and minuses be based off of that.

NOTE: Gonna make 5 separate posts for each.

Quote Originally Posted by Del Murder View Post
    Candidate 4
    • One of the top posters in General Chat for a number of years. Woulda like this to be the entire forum, but long-term activity is never a bad thing. +0.5
    • Everyone's buddy. Has won numerous Ciddies in many different categories. Well liked- not bad, not the most important thing in the world, Cid's Knights aren't voted on based by popularity +0.5
    • Generally well liked by the community, but has had run-ins with the staff due to their non-serious, jokster nature. Well liked, again not bad, but not enough to save him from the second part. Non serious and jokey isn't enough to get voted out, but it would be something he has to prove he can control. -0.5
    • At one point claimed to be "anti-staff" but that position has since changed. This I don't like one bit. I was good friend with VTG, and I could see how being "anti-staff" can actually WAY alter someone's opinions. By the time I had ended up talking to VTG about the staff, his views where so distorted he basically called me their dog, and I believe those feelings could have lasted, even if he started denying if they where there. -1.0
    • Forum activity level is high in the General forums. Never visits the gaming forums. We have lots of people in our staff that visit GC (Me, B2000X, qwerty, oddler, ed, and The Jackal, all watch it well. +0

Overall Score-.5.
    On our staff I just don't see the need for this member. He's jokey, and no offense ed, but I think you'd cover that base pretty well. I don't like the anti-staff bit, that may mean he went along with VTG, and as a personal friend of VTG, that revolution spread ignorance. He doesn't view much outside of General.
    Last edited by Goldenboko; 04-07-2008 at 08:35 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Candidate 2
    • Joined within the last year but has become one of the top posters during that time. I don't agree with a member who's yet to be here a full year yet. If they're CK material, they can have a little patience and prove themselves a bit more. -1.0
    • Well received and like by most of the newer members, but some of the oldbies will probably claim they've never heard of this person. Its nice that he can connect with newbies as there are quite a few of them. It woulda been nice for him to be more known. +0.5
    • Active poster in all forums, but mainly in General Chat. Again, we have GC covered, but this one at least posts in all forums. 0.5
    • Friendly poster but has the tendency to spam and be immature at times. Friendly=Good, immature and spam=bad. I think that this would be bad, it may present a bad example to newbies, that spam and immaturity is encouraged. -1.0
    • Forum activity level is very high. This is good, if your activity is high then you read a lot of posts, and threads which makes you good for monitoring. +1.0
    Overall score 0. Not needed now. Holds promise, and could be a CK candidate in the future, but not now.

This really how we want to do it... well I've stated what I think about each already, so I'll just show how much I weight each.

Candidate 1 -

* Longtime member who has been around for many years. +.5
    * Well known and respected by most of the veterans, but has not had much interaction with most of the the newer members.+.5
    * Posts mainly in the general categories and Feedback. I don't feel we need this in our group +0
    * Has a smart unique personality and outlook that not many others have.+1
    * Forum activity is currently moderate.+.5

+2.5

Candidate 3

* Has been an active member for 3 years. +.5
    * Posts a lot in the gaming forums but not much in the general forums. I think we need this in our group +1
    * Is well known and well respected in the gaming forums for their helpfulness and advice. +1
    * Calm and low-key demeanor. Hardly ever participates in forum 'events'.+0
    * Forum activity level is very high in the Gaming forums, much less so in the General forums. +.5

+3

Candidate 5

* Since joining EoFF two years ago, this person has dived right into the community and become an active poster throughout the forum. +.5
    * Is constantly posting ideas for new events and making interesting, interactive threads. 0
    * Well liked by the community for their upbeat personality. +1
    * Sensitive in nature, this poster shies away from confrontation and prefers to go with the flow. -.5
    * Activity level is not always constant. Periods of intense activity are sometimes followed by very low levels of posting. 0

+1

I honestly feel we should choose between person 1, and person 3, based on where we post the most. If we need more people in general areas, I say we go with 1. If we need more in the gaming areas, I say we go with 3. That's just my opinion.

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Candidate 3
    • Has been an active member for 3 years. This is good. Like long term commitment. +0.5
    • Posts a lot in the gaming forums but not much in the general forums. Good, I think we're in need for someone in the gaming forums more then the general, so I like this. +1.0
    • Is well known and well respected in the gaming forums for their helpfulness and advice. Respect good, not necassary, but helpfulness is a plus. +0.5
    • Calm and low-key demeanor. Hardly ever participates in forum 'events'. I think we're most understaffed with this department, as I see me and qwerty the only ones who are would to be fully committed to it. -1.0
    • Forum activity level is very high in the Gaming forums, much less so in the General forums. I'm not gonna give a point considering I already gave him a point for this. +0
    Overall score: 1. This is someone I could actually see us needing. We'd have to see if we could get him involved in the events because I feel we are understaffed in that part.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Edited for my views on this ;D

Quote Originally Posted by Dolentrean View Post
    Candidate 1 -

-Oldbie - Good thing, as Bahamut said that is something we are lacking +1
    -Well known and respected I think respect goes along way but old members should matter as much as they know the drill and should know the rules by now. 0
    -Not much interaction with the newer members, I think we have that covered anyways with most of our staff but it is the new people that need the most dealing with...or so I think >.> -.5
    -Posts mainly in GC and Feedback, this isn’t really a bad thing, but as we already have these areas covered very well with our staff this isn’t necessary. 0
    -Has a smart unique personality and outlook that not many others have, this is a very big plus for obvious reasons +1.5
    - Form activity currently moderate, This isn’t a bad thing, he is still active. 0
    Overall +2

Candidate 2 -

- joined within the last year and is a highly active poster, this could show someone who is going to get burnt out and leave the site in the near future but he has been here for what I am gonna say is 10 months and would have burnt out months ago. He might eventually not post as much but that just eventually happens to a lot of people. I think he will remain active. +0.5
    -Well received and like by most of the newer members, but some of the oldbies will probably claim they've never heard of this person. This is something that isn’t really a bad thing, it just isn’t a good thing, again, we have most of the new members covered. 0
    - Active everywhere, mainly GC. I think this is a good quality, anyone who is in all the forums is a plus, GC is the area with the most spam and need for modding. +1
    - Friendly poster is a plus, but tendency to Spam and be Immature. Spamming isn't a bad thing. Only in excess is it a bad thing. The forum typically goes through times of spam and stuff and other times there is more of a crack down. The immaturity is what gets the minus but that just comes with time and responsiblity. -.5
    -Activity level: very high. This is a good thing, activity is good. +1
    Overall +2

Candidate 3 -

-Has been an active member for three years. This is a good thing, he isn’t a newbie, maybe not an oldbie but not a newbie, also if he has been active for three years then he probably wont vanish on us. +1
    -Posts a lot in the gaming forums, but not as much in GC. This I find as a plus, I think that while we do have a good cross section of the site covered with our current staff the Gaming Forums is where, we as a staff are slightly lacking, so some more activity there could be a plus. +1
    -Is well known and well respected in the gaming forums for their helpfulness and advice. There is that key word respect again. There may be a small chance that they could be less helpful in the gaming forum once they become a CK, but maybe not. +0.5
    - Calm, hardly ever participates in forum 'events'. This isn’t a good thing, but it isn’t really a bad thing, not much else to say. 0
    -Forum activity level is very high in the Gaming forums. I award zero for this point because it is just the same thing as point number 2. "Posts a lot in the gaming forums, but not as much in GC. " Yeah...we know he is active in the gaming forums and not in the generals already. This is just redundant. +0
    Overall +2.5

Candidate 5 -

-Joined two years ago, has become an active member. +1
    -Posts interactive threads and event ideas. He obviously is trying to keep activity high and make the forum fun for everyone, I think this has staff written all over it. +1.5
    -Well liked by the community for their upbeat personality. While not the same as being respected being liked is still a plus, just not as much. +0.5
    -Shies away from confrontation. This isn’t a bad thing at all. Not every staff member needs to be able to go in and deal with big conflicts. I think we have a good representation of ass kicking ability 0
    -Sometimes is inactive, vanishes for periods of time and doesn’t post much. Bad thing, not a very bad thing as they always come back, but not a good thing. -0.5
    Overall +2.5

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Candidate 5
    • Since joining EoFF two years ago, this person has dived right into the community and become an active poster throughout the forum. I like the placement here, good bridge between new and old. Also "throughout the forum", big plus. I think someone who monitors all is the best situation. +1.0
    • Is constantly posting ideas for new events and making interesting, interactive threads. I feel we are most understaffed in the events, I feel me and qwerty would be there, but I think we'd need more! +1.0
    • Well liked by the community for their upbeat personality. Nothing wrong with being well liked, and an upbeat personality is nice addition. +0.5
    • Sensitive in nature, this poster shies away from confrontation and prefers to go with the flow. Shy, sensitive, not awful, but not positive. I think this could be worse, considering we have many people here on our staff that aren't shy. -0.5
    • Activity level is not always constant. Periods of intense activity are sometimes followed by very low levels of posting. This means little to me. It means they are a well rounded person, and they have responsibilities outside of the forum. +0.0
    Overall Score: 2.0. I believe this is someone we may need. I feel we're understaffed in the event department, and on top of that, they view all the forums anyway! So we can expect a cut-down on spam, double-posting, etc being underchecked. Naturally they aren't perfect because they won't be the best in really confrontational situations, but I feel that we have a good amount of people that would be able to check it out and deal with it.

EDIT: The Jackal. I think your forgetting, that events something that are very difficult and need to be monitored, and are on par with watching forums. Anyway, last one coming up, then we need to discuss who stays, who goes, etc.

my only problem with taking candidate 5 because of the events, is that you don't have to be on staff to organize events. He's already posting ideas and organizing things. That's why I think it should be 1 or 3

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Candidate 1 -
    • Longtime member who has been around for many years. +0.5 This is good.
    • Well known and respected by most of the veterans, but has not had much interaction with most of the the newer members. Woulda liked for him to have some interactions with newer members but, I feel that on our staff, connection with old members is actually one of our biggest weaknesses! So this is a big plus. +1.0
    • Posts mainly in the general categories and Feedback. Would preferred for it to be in the entire forum, but feedback is a bit understaffed, so there is a plus here. +0.5
    • Has a smart unique personality and outlook that not many others have. Awesome. Love new outlooks! This is good. +0.5
    • Forum activity is currently moderate. Already gave points base on activity.
    Overall score: 2.5. As you can see I feel he's a great choice. He's active, and bridges us to the veteran's way of thinking, something we don't have a big plus on yet. We are a bit understaffed in feedback, not as much as events. He also has a new outlook which is good.

EDIT: @The Jackal: Only staff members can be Award Guy, only staff members could set up this event, staff members are needed to assist all of the Mafia game, the staff plays a huge role in all events.

I think you're forgetting that every event does not to be planned and run by the Cid's Knights. Anyone can post any idea they have, such as something like EoFF Survivor. Could easily plan and run it himself, especially if he didn't have to worry about moderating the entire forum. He could easily ask one member of staff to help him moderate it. He himself does not need to be a member of staff to run the game, or even moderate it. The only time a Cid Knight would even be needed for an event like that, would be if someone got out of hand.

On top of that, the big events run by the Cid Knights.... well... this competition is one of them. Obviously we're all interested in it, and I'm sure would all be helpful if we were on the other side of it. My point is, the really big events, I feel every member of our 10 person staff would help out.

THE JACKEL

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I stand by that having someone who helps in events cannot possibly be a negative, only a positive, and it says that he views all the forums as well. And not all staff members would be the most helpful in this, certain people have strengths and weaknesses, and our weakness is understaffment in events, and his strength is events, seems like a good fit. With that said I don't know whether 1 or 5 is my choice, for reasons already stated in previous posts.

EDIT: Again, only one CK is Award Guy, the whole 10 staff doesn't help with that, and tbh, Award Guy is a very tough job.

can't be a negative sure... but I really don't think they're needed on our staff. Would you be award guy? All we need is one person to do that job.

I think 1 or 3 would be better for out staff. And as I stated, we should pick based on where we need more mods. General or Gaming areas.

EDIT: One thing I just thought about, is it says shies away from confrontation AND goes with the flow. This can be a problem inside the staff area. Say there's a problem on the site. This person is creative and may have a different way to fix it. But everyone else already has an idea or way to take care of it. Rather than bring up this idea and possibly create argument, this person would rather just agree with everyone else.

I find candidate 1 would be the best at bringing ideas like this to the table that would better improve our staff. My first vote is still candidate 1, with candidate 3 next.

THE JACKEL
    Last edited by ljkkjlcm9; 04-07-2008 at 09:22 PM.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Candidate 5:

We seem pretty well-rounded, I don't think any forum would be very understaffed which is why...

Since joining EoFF two years ago, this person has dived right into the community and become an active poster throughout the forum.
    Is a decent fit. I think the real choice is between 1 and 5. 3, we already have you, me, qwerty, oddler, and Rase, who visit many of the gaming forums often.