Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 3 (Team 3SD)

Blog Entries

Alright i change my vote to 3, heres my input on the reasoning, if our choice ends up being three (otherwise my contribution will be useless as i'll be asleep for the final hours due to upcoming exams)

Why 3 is better than:

1- Even though 1 has been here longer, three years is a sufficient amount of time to know all the rules and understand the way a ck should act, whether 1 has been here two more years that 3 or four more years really shouldnt make a difference. Avoiding the general forums means 3 probably doesnt have as strong a social connection with the community but as mentioned he is 'well respected' and we know people already listen to 3's advice. A veteran would send out a more authoritative dominant role which would seem to be intimidating to new members.

2- 2 hasnt been here all that long and as such we know 3 has a lot more experience for one, and of course its evident 3 is more mature. theres not much to say on this matter, 3's superiorities to 2 are quite obvious so i wont go on.

4- Someone who has Run-ins with staff doesnt seem to be a good idea for the type of person to be working with them. 4 seems like the person who would abuse thier power just a few too many times for the sake of humour and the role of ck should be taken serious at most times. There is also nothing in 4's description to imply he is helpful to the community beyond providing spam like entertainment, unlike 3 who as mentioned, is helpful.

5- The main point 3 has over 5 is the activity level. 5's bursts of low activity and high activity dont seem to be all too apealing, an inactive ck would be ineffective and lose pace with the happenings of the forum and the community. This person in my opinion is more deserving of a "recognised member" title rather than a ck title. As mentioned 5 avoids confrontation and it would be harder to figure out a way to confront someone when you only get to know the community in bursts.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

So it looks like those who sided with 3 tend to think that members are like contestant 1 come off as an ogre or has isolated the new members. That does make sense. Also the eccentric personality might not work in contestant 1's favor.

I will have to wait for Crossblades to decide if he wants to change his vote. The reason I chose one over three is that contestant one will have a more active presence in the forum. I have reacted oddly to announcements of CKs that I don't know much about. Number three only posts in general gaming which is pretty popular but not a place I frequent.

If I were to remove my bias, which I really should, I may bump contestant three up a little, but I'm still not convinced that contestant one is worse off. My analysis put contestant one above three for the reason that s/he would be more willing to approach the staff about issues and concerns, almost immediately. Contestant three would probably be able to do that depending on personality, but I'm taking too many points off for only staying active in one forum.

edit: also Contestant three doesn't participate much in forum events. The entire category we decided to judge these individuals by (community spirit) is hampered by this.

Quote Originally Posted by Pureghetto View Post
    I'm not saying you have to, but it would be simpler if Jigsaw were to vote 1 and 3, just to break the tie.
    As I said in my earlier post, I would be happy with voting for either 3 or 4, so I will vote for 3 to end this tie situation. I do think this is the right choice. The gaming forums are where newer members will mostly post, and it's good to have a responsible Cid's Knight posting there to set an example.

Blog Entries

While 5 isn't always on, he has helped the community in the past, and becoming a CK will help him help the community even more, so my vote stays in 5.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Don't feel pressured to change your vote just to cover a tie or to fall in line. If your vote doesn't count towards who is decided then don't worry about it.

Also when we decide who to select, does anyone want to write the reason why with our collected thoughts? It will be easier for them to post the main reasons we've decided on to select whomever we choose, us to agree/disagree with the points, and then that person then type it up.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Lol let's suggest that all five candidates are too closely matched for different reasons, and that they should have a reality show-like challenge in which to prove themselves xD

Blog Entries

Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    Lol let's suggest that all five candidates are too closely matched for different reasons, and that they should have a reality show-like challenge in which to prove themselves xD
    We'll need a subforum for them to post. And a private forum for each of them to post in. The hard thing is to set up proper permissioning. I don't think this forum supports an infinite amount of random permissions assigned per tier or per person. Let's just ask them what they think and if they have any good ideas!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Araciel View Post
    It would be a good closing joke

Have we decided yet?
    it looks like 3 has 5 votes so its got 50% of the votes. It's not a majority but unless everyone else votes 1 or 5 or someone in 3 changes their vote were going with 3
    Have a nice day!!

Blog Entries

Grin

Okay back on track:

The current tally:

Candidate 1; (2) Crossblades, Pureghetto
    Candidate 2; (0)
    Candidate 3; (4) Captain Maxx Power, Dynast-Kid, Araciel, blackmage_nuke
    Candidate 4; (0)
    Candidate 5; (2) Chaos Is The Key, Kentarou

I still have no heard from Crossblades (will try to contact after this post) to confirm final votes, and then we can quickly discuss reasons. I have already given my reasons. I am staying with them.

I'm still sticking with my vote for Candidate #1. Sorry for not posting sooner, I've had a busy day ><

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

Okay back on track:

The current tally:

Candidate 2; (0)
    Candidate 3; (4) Captain Maxx Power, Dynast-Kid, Araciel, blackmage_nuke
    Candidate 4; (0)

I still have no heard from Crossblades (will try to contact after this post) to confirm final votes, and then we can quickly discuss reasons. I have already given my reasons. I am staying with them.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw View Post
    I'm not saying you have to, but it would be simpler if Jigsaw were to vote 1 and 3, just to break the tie.
    As I said in my earlier post, I would be happy with voting for either 3 or 4, so I will vote for 3 to end this tie situation. I do think this is the right choice. The gaming forums are where newer members will mostly post, and it's good to have a responsible Cid's Knight posting there to set an example.
    Jigsaw says 3

I'd be happy to write out a draft reason now using everyone elses currently made suggestions which can be edited by everyone else to include any new ideas that comes up in the next few hours

I change my mind, unfortunately im pressed for time right now
    Last edited by blackmage_nuke; 04-07-2008 at 09:25 PM.
    Have a nice day!!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by Kentarou View Post
    Candidate #2: Tends to spam. That's not a good example for staff to be setting.
    Psychotic's a pretty decent CK, if you ask me.
    I wasn't singling anyone out with that comment. But spamming is setting a bad example, no matter who does it.

As for the candidates I feel safe in suggesting we can eliminate #2 and #4 (who I had serious reservations about anyway). Honestly I could live with any of the remaining three: all have something to bring to the table. It's just a question of which strengths are the most important and which drawbacks are the least serious.

In terms of experience it runs #1, #3, and #5.
    In terms of activity none are ideal. All either have a preference of a particular area or bursts of activity. I don't think any has a deal-breaking deficit here.
    In terms of attitude again no-one is ideal.
    In terms of interaction, the lack of #1's interaction with newbies is a handicap, although certainly correctable. #3 is respected and helpful and #5 is well liked.

I think respect and helpfulness should count more than popularity. So although #1 has spent more time on the forum, #3 has traits I feel would best serve the community.

So I vote #3.

Blog Entries

Candidate 2; (0)
    Candidate 3; (6) Captain Maxx Power, Dynast-Kid, Araciel, blackmage_nuke, BG-57, Jigsaw
    Candidate 4; (0)

Thats 60% to 3. Looks like a majority
    Have a nice day!!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think making a compilation is a good idea. Need any help?

Blog Entries

Grin

Tally:

Candidate 2; (0)
    Candidate 3; (6) Captain Maxx Power, Dynast-Kid, Araciel, blackmage_nuke, Jigsaw, BG-57
    Candidate 4; (0)

How do we want to proceed for now? We have little over 3.5 hours to write up our conclusions.

I suggest first of all -- is anybody strongly against choosing Candidate 3? Speak now or forever hold your peace, and all that.

As stated above my reasons for valuing one over three stem from my bias for veterans and Candidate's three's tendency to only post in one forum, but this turns out to not be really that big a deal, upon reflection. One and three don't post in every forum, but five does. However I ruled out five when compared to one and three -- also I suggested that posting in too many forums actively can be troublesome to manage. It's one thing to post like a madman, it's another to be the Warden of your asylum.

So I suppose you can say I have a very weak/weak vote against three.

I however have a medium vote against five, because I don't think somebody that active can maintain moderation duties as effectively as somebody who is more focused upon a small set of forums.

I think making a compilation is a good idea. Need any help?
    A compilation would help summarize everything and what we each though of that particular candidate. However how will we proceed with the final decision?
    Last edited by Peegee; 04-07-2008 at 09:30 PM.