Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 3 (Team 3SD)

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think we reached a majority on who we want to select.

Shouldn't we be focusing on a rationale of why we selected Candidate #3?

Blog Entries

Someone should write up a summary now and then we should post ideas on improvements to this answer. Then when there is an hour left or so someone will edit the original answer to include the improvements. THat way we dont have people coming from all sides changing parts of the answer in an unorganised fashion.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions

I can do that.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    I can do that.
    Excellent. I'm thinking we've reached a decision for 3 so now we should get around to sorting out the reasons why. I'd concentrate on the qualities we'd feel make them suitable to be a CK, how they compare favourably compared to the other candidates, and possibly a "personal plan" as to how we would encourage them to be the best CK they can.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Blog Entries

I started one but i realised i'd have no time to finish it so you dont have to use it but just take suggestions from it:

Candidate three is the choice that team 3SD has come up with.

Candidate three seems to be a well-rounded and safe choice for ck, his/her positive aspects outweigh his negative aspects and it’s easy to see how he/she would benefit the community. Three also holds a strong advantage over all the other candidates in several aspects including history, activity, personality and community spirit.

We immediately rule out two as a potential ck, due to their spammy nature. The time they have been at Eoff also works against them, having been a member for less than one year, his immaturity is no doubt a extremely detrimental quality in a ck. This is not the type of example a ck should be setting

Though it is true three only posts in the gaming forums, this flaw can be applied to candidates one and four who only post in the general forums. - paragraph not finished
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions

Sorry for leaving out the feedback of people who voted for someone else.

If someone wants me to include more detailed feedback let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power
    None of the candidates are perfect, but to me 3 is the best. Activity needn't be massive for a CK to be able to moderate successfully, and we need someone who is level-headed and smart rather than someone who is just liked by the community. 3 of course is liked which is a bonus, with the only issues being their lack of activity in the general forums which could easily be rectified after their indoctrination.
    Quote Originally Posted by Dynast-Kid
    But anyways, I looked over all the information, and my first choice would probably be Candidate #3. Even though he's not very active in General, it would be great to have a CK focused mainly on the gaming aspects of the forums, and not just being liked and participating in forum activities.
    Quote Originally Posted by Araciel
    Then I think 3 is pretty well-suited to the job.
    Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke
    1- Even though 1 has been here longer, three years is a sufficient amount of time to know all the rules and understand the way a ck should act, whether 1 has been here two more years that 3 or four more years really shouldnt make a difference. Avoiding the general forums means 3 probably doesnt have as strong a social connection with the community but as mentioned he is 'well respected' and we know people already listen to 3's advice. A veteran would send out a more authoritative dominant role which would seem to be intimidating to new members.

2- 2 hasnt been here all that long and as such we know 3 has a lot more experience for one, and of course its evident 3 is more mature. theres not much to say on this matter, 3's superiorities to 2 are quite obvious so i wont go on.

4- Someone who has Run-ins with staff doesnt seem to be a good idea for the type of person to be working with them. 4 seems like the person who would abuse thier power just a few too many times for the sake of humour and the role of ck should be taken serious at most times. There is also nothing in 4's description to imply he is helpful to the community beyond providing spam like entertainment, unlike 3 who as mentioned, is helpful.

5- The main point 3 has over 5 is the activity level. 5's bursts of low activity and high activity dont seem to be all too apealing, an inactive ck would be ineffective and lose pace with the happenings of the forum and the community. This person in my opinion is more deserving of a "recognised member" title rather than a ck title. As mentioned 5 avoids confrontation and it would be harder to figure out a way to confront someone when you only get to know the community in bursts.
    Quote Originally Posted by BG-57
    In terms of experience it runs #1, #3, and #5.
    In terms of activity none are ideal. All either have a preference of a particular area or bursts of activity. I don't think any has a deal-breaking deficit here.
    In terms of attitude again no-one is ideal.
    In terms of interaction, the lack of #1's interaction with newbies is a handicap, although certainly correctable. #3 is respected and helpful and #5 is well liked.

I think respect and helpfulness should count more than popularity. So although #1 has spent more time on the forum, #3 has traits I feel would best serve the community.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigsaw
    #3.
    EDIT: Did Jigsaw and Araciel ever elaborate on their reasoning?

Wow, guys, this is looking great! Sorry, I was at school...

Is there anything you all want me to do!? I don't feel like i've been very helpful lately, even though it hasn't been my fault, but still.

Also, how much longer do we have for this challenge!?

Contributions

Sure you can help us condense our reasoning for selecting candidate three.

5 PM PST, if memory serves.

EDIT: blackmage_nuke, you summary is very helpful.

EDIT2: Here's the second draft of the summary. Green text has been altered:

After careful consideration Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight.

Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, mainly due to issues with spamming or personality conflicts.

Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and safe choice for ck, his/her positive aspects outweigh his negative aspects and it’s easy to see how he/she would benefit the community. Three also holds a strong advantage over all the other candidates in several aspects including history, activity, personality and community spirit.

Though it is true three only posts in the gaming forums, this flaw can be applied to candidates one and four who only post in the general forums.
    Last edited by BG-57; 04-07-2008 at 10:03 PM.

They're all good. The reason I choose 3 is because of the amount of time it's been on the site.

Doesn't post a lot in General=ok since there are many who do already.

Well-known and respected in Gaming, which can translate to everywhere.

Calm and low-key is always good, and since I hardly participate in events, I can empathize with that too.

Contributions

Here's the third draft of the summary. Green text has been altered:

After careful consideration Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight.

Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, mainly due to issues with spamming (#2) or personality conflicts (#4).

While we feel that the remaining candidates all could bring some real benefits to the site, Candidate #3 stood out as bringing the best qualities and the least disadvantages.

This well respected candidate has been active for a number of years, and has a reputation for being helpful. We feel these are important qualities for a Cid's Knight to possess, although popularity and friendliness can also be important, albeit secondary, qualities.

Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and safe choice for ck, his/her positive aspects outweigh his negative aspects and it’s easy to see how he/she would benefit the community. Three also holds a strong advantage over all the other candidates in several aspects including history, activity, personality and community spirit.

Though it is true three only posts in the gaming forums, this flaw can be applied to candidates one and four who only post in the general forums.
    Last edited by BG-57; 04-07-2008 at 10:14 PM.

Blog Entries

I dont think a summary of our reason is the best choice, it would be much better to have a 'detailed response'
    Include reasons on why 3 is better than each of the other candidates. and analyse how 3's positive aspects would be good to the community.

It's not like we've been given a max word limit so the more we write and the more ideas we have the better
    Have a nice day!!

I thought it would be better if we added more detail and depth to it! Tell me what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    After careful consideration, Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight.

Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, mainly due to issues with spamming (#2) or personality conflicts (#4).

While we feel that the remaining candidates all could bring some real benefits to the site, Candidate #3 stood out as bringing the best qualities and the least disadvantages.

Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and safe choice for CK, his/her positive aspects outweigh their negative aspects and it’s easy to see how he/she would benefit the community. Candidate Three also holds a strong advantage over all the other candidates in several aspects including history, activity, personality and community spirit.

Candidate Three, being a member for 3 years, has come to know EoFF's do's & dont's like they would the back of their hand. #3's activity is focused primarily in the gaming forums. This may be considered a drawback, but Team 3SD believes that with the ample amounts of Cid's Knights already in the general forums, a CK with emphasis in gaming would be a very nice touch.

Candidate Three also gains major points with their personality. They posess a calm, and low-key demeanor, which prevents anyone from being inaccurately afraid or intimidated of this gentle member. Candidate Three doesn't dabble too much in the forum events and games, but we as a team feel that that has little to do in affecting #3's modding abilities. Candidate 3's general respected reputation and wise energies also help to contribute to this member's overall modding capabilities.

Though it is true Candidate Three only posts in the gaming forums, this flaw can be applied to Candidates One and Four who only post in the general forums. Thusly, Team 3SD wishes to vouch for Candidate #3.
    EDIT: Hmm, I kinda like blackmage_nuke's idea!

Contributions

We can expand and add to it. I thought a summary could make the core of a larger response.

EDIT: I wanted to get an overall structure before we add. Should we have a pararagh for each major point? Activity, history and the like?

Blog Entries

Yes and a paragraph for every other candidate to compare 3 to.
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions

Who's doing the writing?

EDIT: In other words, is somebody writing while somebody else edits?

EDIT2:

So like this?

PI: Introduction
    PII: History
    PIII: Activity
    PIV: Personality
    PV: Community Spirit
    PVI: C#1
    PVII: C#2
    PVIII: C#4
    PIX: C#5
    PX: Conclusion
    Last edited by BG-57; 04-07-2008 at 10:37 PM.