Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Round 3 Part 2 - Team 3 (Team 3SD)

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Who's doing the writing?

EDIT: In other words, is somebody writing while somebody else edits?

EDIT2:

So like this?

PI: Introduction
    PII: History
    PIII: Activity
    PIV: Personality
    PV: Community Spirit
    PVI: C#1
    PVII: C#2
    PVIII: C#4
    PIX: C#5
    PX: Conclusion
    Wow, looks like I have to leave the house...again. :rolleyes2 Friggin' sucks. I should be back in a few hours....I'll definitely do any necessary editing when I get back!

But I don't know if we want it that long!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I'll start with the separate paragragh for each category, if there are no objections.

Blog Entries

We have less than 2.5-2 hours left, and I have to leave for an exam. Just write and hopefully someone will come along to edit.

I have no objections
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Compact it so that you still cover the main areas, but also compare #3 to the other candidates i.e. When discussing history, point out positivities of #3 and the negativities/why #3 is better in terms of history against other members.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions

Here's the draft.

After careful consideration Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight. Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, mainly due to issues with spamming (#2) or personality conflicts (#4).
    While we feel that the remaining candidates all could bring some real benefits to the site, Candidate #3 stood out in four areas:

History

Candidate #3 has a member for three years, long enough to know the site rules like the back of their hand. Other candidates have been active longer, but that in of itself is not an indicator of ability.

Activity

Candidate #3’s activity is focused primarily in the gaming forums. However the other remaining candidates also either preferred to post in a different area or the activity level was sporadic. This is not an insurmountable problem, as the candidate could increase activity in other forums, or take care of a particular area, as need be.

Personality

Candidate #3 also gains major points with their personality. Their calm and low-key demeanor would be an asset in dealing with conflict and dissention. The ability to mediate situations would be very helpful in promoting harmony among the members.

Community Spirit

This well respected candidate has a reputation for being helpful. These are important qualities for a Cid's Knight to possess. Other candidates are more popular or friendly, but these qualities are of secondary importance.

In conclusion Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and logical choice for Cid’s Knight, their positive aspects outweigh any negative aspects and it’s easy to see how he/she would benefit the community.
    I have to eat supper now. Captain, you and anyone else who wishes to can edit it in my absence. You have my vote of confidence.

I'll most likely be back within the hour.

Quote Originally Posted by BG-57 View Post
    Who's doing the writing?

EDIT: In other words, is somebody writing while somebody else edits?

EDIT2:

So like this?

PI: Introduction
    PII: History
    PIII: Activity
    PIV: Personality
    PV: Community Spirit
    PVI: C#1
    PVII: C#2
    PVIII: C#4
    PIX: C#5
    PX: Conclusion
    This is a good idea. I support it =)

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Blog Entries

I'll have a go at editing this thing, then. I edited Team Spirit a little, and added some font effects.

After careful consideration Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight. Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, mainly due to issues with spamming (#2) or personality conflicts (#4).
    While we feel that the remaining candidates all could bring some real benefits to the site, Candidate #3 stood out in four areas:

History

Candidate #3 has a member for three years, long enough to know the site rules like the back of their hand. Other candidates have been active longer, but that in of itself is not an indicator of ability.

Activity

Candidate #3’s activity is focused primarily in the gaming forums. However the other remaining candidates also either preferred to post in a different area or the activity level was sporadic. This is not an insurmountable problem, as the candidate could increase activity in other forums, or take care of a particular area, as need be.

Personality

Candidate #3 also gains major points with their personality. Their calm and low-key demeanor would be an asset in dealing with conflict and dissention. The ability to mediate situations would be very helpful in promoting harmony among the members.

Community Spirit

This well respected candidate has a reputation for being helpful. These are important qualities for a Cid's Knight to possess. Other candidates are more popular or friendly, but these qualities are of secondary importance in comparison. A helpful member is much better suited for something that involves other people, such as being a CK.

In conclusion Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and logical choice for Cid’s Knight, because their positive aspects outweigh any negative aspects we've seen and we think they'd make a good CK.

I didn't edit out the part about activity, but I do disagree with it. Being a CK isn't a job. They shouldn't need to feel obligated to view other forums just to adjust themselves to the fact that they're a CK.
    Last edited by KentaRawr!; 04-07-2008 at 11:59 PM.

Contributions

I left some wriggle room in the language for either case.

Do we want to form a consensus in how we feel about the obligations of a CK on forum activity? We're running short of time.

Blog Entries

I don't think many of our members are on at the time, so it would be tough to do that. I think that if somebody besides myself agrees with what I said about activity, we should edit it, and try to replace that piece with something that no more than 1 person will disagree with.

Contributions

I want to beef up the objections to #2 and #4 in the first paragraph.

Would just removing , as the candidate could increase activity in other forums, or take care of a particular area, as needed be adequate? Or is the tone of the whole paragraph that's the problem?

Any other additions anyone feels strongly about?
    Last edited by BG-57; 04-08-2008 at 01:01 AM.

Blog Entries

Here's another edit, coming up!

After careful consideration Team 3SD has selected Candidate #3 as our choice for Cid's Knight. Several candidates were eliminated early from consideration, such as 2 and 4.

With Candidate number 2, we thought that having a common spammer of a moderator might not be a good idea, even if it's positive in nature or intent. Spamming is something that is something moderators normally frown upon, and they likely break some rules for the sake of fun every once in a while, which can become troublesome for others in the staff.

With candidate number 4, they've gotten in arguments with the staff before, and have claimed to be anti-staff in the past. While they have changed over time, they could still end up making conflicts with the current staff, which sometimes leads to very bad things for the site.

While we feel that the remaining candidates all could bring some real benefits to the site, here is why we believe Candidate 3 to be the best choice:

History

Activity

Candidate #3’s activity is focused primarily in the gaming forums. However, the other remaining candidates also either preferred to post in a different area, or they were rarely on at all, so we don't feel that they're preference of the gaming forum to be a problem in comparison to the other candidates.

Personality

Community Spirit

This well respected candidate has a reputation for being helpful. These are important qualities for a Cid's Knight to possess. Other candidates are more popular or friendly, but these qualities are of secondary importance in comparison. A helpful member is much better suited for something that involves other people, such as being a CK.

In conclusion Candidate #3 seems to be a well-rounded and logical choice for Cid’s Knight, because their positive aspects outweigh any negative aspects we've seen and we think they'd make a good CK.

What do you think of my edits? :3

Contributions

Sounds good to me.

Any other fine tuning that needs doing?

Looks good to me.

Blog Entries

I've made enough edits. I think you should give a go at editing that thing!

Contributions

Are you talking to Araciel or me?