Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you think EyesonFF doesn't have enough FF fans?

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

We've been trying to stir up some lovin' for the series with the Eyeson Plays events, so~

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I think the longer delays between main entries in the series, in comparison to the Playstation era, has finally caught up and started having a negative impact. We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.

So, assuming we consider it a bad thing that fewer people at EoFF have an interest in the games, then yes.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Azar View Post
    We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.
    Yes! I have some younger cousins (ages 8-13) who have the Playstation, DS, Wii, but they don't play Final Fantasy. They're definitely into video games, but some of them have never even heard of the series before. It was baffling to me. How can you know about WoW but not about Final Fantasy? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like Final Fantasy is doing a good job of bringing in the newer generation of gamers.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I think there are plenty of fans here... it's not like we should have a place that's utterly dominated by filthy internet gaming types after all
    The balance is good - the fans have our own game-specific forums, whereas the wider community can mingle and ruminate across the rest of EoFF.

Single-player gaming is dying, and Final Fantasy will die along with it (well, the brand is still popular enough that it will be turned into non-Final Fantasy games [see XI, XIII]).

C'est la vie.

Final Fantasy Forever!

I''l always love this series.

I'm still a fan of Final Fantasy even though I really don't play them any more. I started another file on Final Fantasy IX three years ago and have yet to beat the second disk.
    However, I will always have the memories of playing Final Fantasy. Especially the Playstation ones.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    We're all getting older, and there are fewer younger people being exposed to the games for the first time.
    Yes! I have some younger cousins (ages 8-13) who have the Playstation, DS, Wii, but they don't play Final Fantasy. They're definitely into video games, but some of them have never even heard of the series before. It was baffling to me. How can you know about WoW but not about Final Fantasy? I dunno, it just doesn't seem like Final Fantasy is doing a good job of bringing in the newer generation of gamers.
    I've found that to be the case as well. Many people my age have heard and played Final Fantasy, but people younger than myself and my friends often haven't. I often wonder how many people who played WoW had played a Warcraft game before signing up for that one.

I think ultimately the majority of people here are Final Fantasy fans but I think some are more actively fans than others. I still consider myself a fan and started a new game of FFVIII last week, so I still play the games. As for the newer ones, I can't see myself playing them to be honest. Unless I win the lottery or something, I can't see myself buying any of the new consoles and so the only way I'll be playing them is if they arrive on the DS.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Miriel View Post
    Qft. I'm still a fan of the series, but as you said many from the newer generations haven't heard of it.

Blog Entries

I'd say only about 1% of the memberbase here, apart from spambots, are not FF fans. I don't know what everyone is worrying about.
    Last edited by Old Manus; 04-07-2008 at 11:04 AM.

there was a picture here

If you don't like FF, why join? The community was founded on the series after all.
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

*Runs to the top of Mt. Everest*

Final Fantasy forever!!!!!

Blog Entries

There are not enough VI fans.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Blue Harvest View Post
    If you don't like FF, why join? The community was founded on the series after all.
    Quite a few people joined because of having friends on the forum or its staff - even some of the senior staff and 'legendary' members who've been here for years have no real interest in the FF series.
    Last edited by Big D; 04-07-2008 at 02:28 PM.

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

I joined for the FF8 forum because I was an avid player back in the day. However once I discovered EoEo my pseudo-intellectual side was constantly fed and years later, here I am!