Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: FF IV DS will be released in July

Default FF IV DS will be released in July

RPGFan News - FFIV DS, Chocobo Dungeon Wii to Ship in July

Square Enix will bring the DS version of Final Fantasy IV and Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon (Chocobo no Fushigi na Dungeon Toki wasure no Meikyuu) for Wii to this side of the Pacific this summer.
    Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Dungeon will go on sale in the US on July 8th for $39.99 USD. Final Fantasy IV will ship sometime in July.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

sweetness. Maybe I'll buy this as a birthday present for myself then.

Making it 3-d was one of the few ways they'd get me to play through this game again. Clever Squareenix

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Yay!

MUST GET JOB!

I'll still import the original though, if only for the voices.

Nice.

Hopefully I'll be getting it.

this is the final fantasy remake i'm most excited about, because it's my favorite one =D!! i have a completed data on the SNES, PSX, and GBA versions of the game i really want this version for the 3-D and for the fact that there are amazing CG's and voice acting i'm so excited along with ff3 this is going to make the DS even more amazing =D

What? NO! It has to come out before the end of may so I don't have to buy it myself! ;_;
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Release date announced

IGN: A Legend is Reborn: Final Fantasy IV Comes to Life in Full 3D

Square Enix, Inc., the publisher of Square Enix interactive entertainment products in North America, announced today that it will launch a completely re-envisioned Final Fantasy IV for Nintendo DS on July 22, 2008. A new generation of gamers will now have the opportunity to experience a legend reborn.

The team that brought Final Fantasy III to Nintendo DS comes together once again to breathe new life into a classic that broke convention and introduced a wide array of innovations to the RPG genre. With its groundbreaking Active Time Battle (ATB) system and an engrossing, character-driven plot, Final Fantasy IV was a stunning step forward for role-playing games when it was originally released for the Super NES in 1991.

"Final Fantasy IV for DS is a classic revived for the 21st century," said John Yamamoto, president and chief executive officer of Square Enix, Inc. "The visual upgrades are remarkable, and the plot has been enhanced with added detail and depth. We hope that fans of the original, as well as players new to the Final Fantasy franchise, will enjoy all that this title has to offer."

Now featuring full 3D graphics, fully-voiced dramatic cutscenes, and added content, Final Fantasy IV for DS is a must-play for those looking to jump into the best-selling RPG franchise in the world.

STORY

Four elemental Crystals, each possessing awesome power, lie scattered throughout the realm. However, men are quick to covet things which offer strength, and easily corrupted by the might which they possess...

Seduced by the promised power of the Crystals, the kingdom of Baron begins employing unprovoked force to seize them from peaceful nations. The dark knight Cecil - Lord Captain of Baron's elite force, the Red Wings - is ordered by his king to obtain the Crystals, but soon begins to question the monarch's motives. Stricken with grief at his own actions, yet burdened by his loyalty to his country and his personal sense of honor, Cecil at last decides to turn from the path of darkness and destruction.

Enraged, the king accuses him of disloyalty, strips Cecil of his command, and sends him off to slay a mysterious beast that lurks in the nearby Valley of Mist. Cecil embarks on a fateful journey that will bring trials, betrayals, friendship, loss and self-discovery. Can Cecil open his eyes and become the man of honor that he must be?

FEATURES

Witness the dramatic and thrilling story of this mythical game world brought to life through astounding 3D graphics, gorgeous CG cutscenes and top-notch voice acting

Create a versatile party using the all-new Augment System - a dynamic system that allows the player to assign special abilities to characters

Dive into the first RPG to incorporate the innovative Active Time Battle system, now further enhanced and refined for the Nintendo DS

Listen to a beautifully remixed score by world-renowned composer Nobuo Uematsu that breathes new life into some of the most beloved Final Fantasy themes

Navigate effortlessly through the game with Nintendo DS Touch Screen functionality and stylus-driven controls while receiving vital assistance via the dual-screen presentation

Train and customize Whytkin by playing a variety of mini-games and challenge another player to head-to-head battle via local wireless connection

Final Fantasy IV is rated is rated E10+ (Everyone 10 and older). Please visit the Entertainment Software Rating Board (ESRB) website at Entertainment Software Rating Board for more information about ratings. Final Fantasy IV will be available at North American retailers for the suggested retail price of $39.99(USD). The official website can be found at FINAL FANTASY IV | SQUARE ENIX

About Square Enix Co., Ltd. and Square Enix, Inc.

Square Enix Co., Ltd. (Square Enix), with headquarters in Tokyo, Japan, develops, publishes and distributes entertainment content including interactive entertainment software and publications in Asia, North America and Europe. Square Enix brings two of Japan's best-selling franchises - Final Fantasy, which has sold over 80 million units worldwide, and Dragon Quest, which has sold over 43 million units worldwide - under one roof. Square Enix is one of the most influential providers of digital entertainment content in the world and continues to push the boundaries of creativity and innovation.

Square Enix, Inc. is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Square Enix Co., Ltd. with offices in Los Angeles, California. It handles operations in North America, including development, localization, marketing, and publishing of Square Enix titles. More information on Square Enix can be found on the Internet at SQUARE ENIX Global.

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

This news both titillates and excites me.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I'm definitely going to consider buying this

Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I'm definitely going to consider buying this
    This space intentionally left blank.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Excellent stuff. Definitely on my to buy list. Can't wait. But alas, I'm conflicted. Should I buy this or the new Advance Wars game first? Only time (or me getting a better job) shall tell!
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenboko View Post
    I'm definitely going to consider buying steal this

As long as this gets them to begin working on V and VI, I'll be excited.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

This is very exciting news. I can't wait!