Music - Song for only a few battles debate 3
    FF XII - Which espers do you use? 3
    Gen Gaming - One of Takara's suggestions
    FF VIII - Something by PG
    FF XI - Something by Ouch! 1
    Crono Trigger/Cross - Something by PG
    EE IV - Something by Takara
    Lounge - Sex, Gore and Violence! 2
    Writers Corner - Writers original intent 4 Ouch!
    FF XIII - Haiku thread 2

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight
    Last edited by Rye; 04-09-2008 at 04:23 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I got an idea for a X-2 thread. Things that you notice when playing again.

I suck at original content D=. And the only forums I go to regularly have already been called ;_;.

I give my stamp of approval to Kingdom Hearts, FFXII, Music, Gen FF, Lounge and FFXIII

EDIT: I also have an idea for Gen. SE, since I doubt anyone has ever made a thread about SE's manga division, Gangan. Though I don't know if it could fit there.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'll take FFIX if people are okay with that. I think I've got some pretty decent ideas for all of the above. Though I'll be happy to step in and do any others if needs be. When I've ideas for anything else, I'll edit my post accordingly.

Apologies that I wasn't around at the beginning of this. Normally I'll be online until about 1am, but I was very tired last night!

Edit: Right. I figured I should give you guys a heads-up of what my ideas are before I post them. The ideas I had were as follows.

FFIX: A thread about 'useless' skills that people don't tend to use (e.g. Freya's Six Dragons) or skills that might be used at the start of the game and then not again (e.g. Freya's Lancer) and whether people found a use for them later in the game or found uses for them in general.
    Last edited by Heath; 04-09-2008 at 09:51 AM.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heath View Post
    I'll take General Gaming, FFIX and FF Music and Media. I think I've got some pretty decent ideas for all of the above. Though I'll be happy to step in and do any others if needs be.
    According to the list in the previous posts, Gen Gaming and FF Music have been called already.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

My thread in the writer's corner is up.

I'm having quite a hard time thinking of something original to add to the FFXI forum. Quite honestly, the whole forum is quite a bit of rehash--same questions popping up every so often. It's usually a cycle of people ignoring the FAQ thread (and forum description) and asking if it costs money to play, people complaining about how it sucks away their, people announcing that they're quitting, and then the inevitable "Crap, I'm coming back" threads.

For some time now, Square Enix has been hinting at their new MMORPG. I vaguely remember being promised news in February, but such news never came. I think it might be interesting make a thread in the FFXI Forum regarding how each person thinks SE could improve upon the mechanics of FFXI for when they create their next MMO. However, since we know that the game is not FFXI-2, the mechanics could be entirely different, the game could be completely unrelated to FFXI, and then it would likely be better suited for General SE. I could always just structure the post around an assumption that the two will be similar, though. Thoughts?
    Last edited by Ouch!; 04-09-2008 at 09:44 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Chaos Is the Key View Post
    I'll take General Gaming, FFIX and FF Music and Media. I think I've got some pretty decent ideas for all of the above. Though I'll be happy to step in and do any others if needs be.
    According to the list in the previous posts, Gen Gaming and FF Music have been called already.
    Yes, apologies. I only noticed once I'd posted. Just threw the ideas there for the sake of it, but others have their own ideas I'm happy for them to act upon them. What I get for living in Britain's timezone.

I'll take FFIX for the time being and have a think on some other forum ideas.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

I'd like to throw in support for the the thread suggestions for music, FFVIII (I have the utmost faith that PG can do something amusing with that), the Lounge, and FFXIII.

I strongly advise against the espers topic for FFXII. We're supposed to be making (at least somewhat) original threads, and there was already a huge debate about the usefulness of espers and whether or not people chose to use them in FFXII.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 04-09-2008 at 09:58 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

An idea I had for a thread in the FFXII forum was about to what extent people found the environment to be more engrossing. I personally found Ivalice in FFXII to be one of the most visually and aurally impressive I've ever seen in a game and found that the music of various dungeons/locales such as the Sochen Cave Palace really added to my enjoyment of the game. I'd be happy to make a thread along those lines if anyone thinks that's suitable. I'd be interested to see if anyone else felt that way regardless. Threw that in there as an alternative to the Esper thread.

Edit: Also, I really like your FFXI idea, Ouch.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

An idea I had for a thread in the FFXII forum was about to what extent people found the environment to be more engrossing. I personally found Ivalice in FFXII to be one of the most visually and aurally impressive I've ever seen in a game and found that the music of various dungeons/locales such as the Sochen Cave Palace really added to my enjoyment of the game. I'd be happy to make a thread along those lines if anyone thinks that's suitable. I'd be interested to see if anyone else felt that way regardless. Threw that in there as an alternative to the Esper thread.

Edit: Also, I really like your FFXI idea, Ouch.
    I definitely think this is a much more suitable option than the esper discussion. While talking about the value of espers is a good topic, it's been done before. We were told explicitly to come up with original threads, right? Doing something that's already been thoroughly discussed is like shooting oneself in the foot, no?

Also, don't forget to link to the threads in the task thread as Miriel instructed. I made a post in that thread linking to all of our submissions with credits to each member. Since I don't foresee much sleep any time soon, I'll do my best to keep editing it in as more of these threads get posted.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 04-09-2008 at 10:08 AM.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The disorganisation was driving me slightly mad:

Strikethrough = thread made. Someone's name after forum = idea submitted by that person/person said they'll make that thread. As far as I'm aware that's everything suggested thus far. I've put that there so we can decide on forums that have yet to have suggestions/people and also so if there's multiple ideas (e.g. FFXII) then we can sort that one out.

Edit: Added links there. If you want, we'll use this thread to link to all our threads. If not, I'd at least like to organise things slightly better.

Editara: Looks like Ouch beat me to it in the other thread. Still, I'd at least like to coordinate who's doing what in one place.

Editaga: List correct as of 00:30 GMT.
    Last edited by Heath; 04-10-2008 at 12:34 AM.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Rye's Artist Forum thread has been created as well. Also, while it's in the other thread, I'll keep up with a compilation of links so we can check our status here too. Stick to Heath's list above for a comprehensive guide of both submissions and ideas. This is completed submissions only, links included.

Edit: Never mind, Heath seems to have the links covered too.

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Rye's Artist Forum thread has been created as well. Also, while it's in the other thread, I'll keep up with a compilation of links so we can check our status here too. Stick to Heath's list above for a comprehensive guide of both submissions and ideas. This is completed submissions only, links included.

I'll edit Rye's artist thread in too. As for your edit, great minds, eh?

Edit: If my FFXII/IX ideas are okay with everybody else, I'll be happy to make them shortly. Meanwhile, I shower.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post

I'll edit Rye's artist thread in too. As for your edit, great minds, eh? :p
    Most certainly. You keep track of it here, and I'll keep track of it in the other thread. xD

I have an idea for feedback. Someone might want to suggest that EoFF start enforcing the proper use of the ellipsis. The bastardization with only two stops is starting to make me cry.

On or more serious note, I think Takara's suggestion to discuss the future of MMORPGs for General Gaming would be a great option.
    Last edited by Ouch!; 04-09-2008 at 11:08 AM.