The original version of Final Fantasy was horrendously bugged. Take a look at this quote.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Unne View Post
I'm very happy that FF1 is even as good as it is, despite the non-working elemental weapons, spells that do nothing, buggy world map, invisible castle-dwellers, semi-corny translations, an ending that makes no sense to any sane human being, an arguably unbalanced battle system, etc.
It's true. The game appears as though it was thrown together and shoved into stores. Yet, it was a major turning point in fantasy gaming and a concrete beginning for what would become a series of great popularity.

Why? I want to know people's opinions on what they thought was so awesome about this game that they could look beyond its flaws and turn it into a downright enjoyable experience.

As stupid as it may sound, it was the Lute that really made me realize how cool this game was. An item that does nothing. Thanks a lot, princess. But when I finally figured out its purpose, I was taken aback. Granted, I was somewhere around 9 years old, but everytime I play that game now, I'm taken back to that moment of triumph when I found out that the only way through that blocked passage was to play a tune on that worthless instrument. I kid you not, I laughed I was so happy.

Discuss the finer things that make FFI an awesome game in spite of its obvious flaws.