Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: When I first saw Amarant, I thought he was a chicken

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It doesn't help that the designers made them super deformed to resemble the proportions of 8-bit sprites.

Quote Originally Posted by daggertrepe View Post
    Beatrix has unrealistic hair, if I may add that. NO ONE'S hair is that pretty or bouncy or curly at the ends.
    It was revealed in the secret ending (y'know, the one where a mutated zombie Kuja kidnaps Dagger) that she wears a wig.

The Nome King doesn't like chickens.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post

Amarant - like Brahne, he has blue skin. Actual humans simply don't have blue skin. Then there's the aforementioned gargantuan forearms, which make his gait resemble a gorilla sometimes.
    So is Amarant of the same race as Brahne? As they both have big arms too. Though Brahne's may simply just be fat.

Banned
    Blog Entries

I always wondered how Blank actually saw through that big metal mask.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Dude View Post
    I always wondered how Blank actually saw through that big metal mask.

Ghost of Christmas' past Recognized Member theundeadhero's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Villania Valski (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

You do see Amarant's face late in the game.

One of the best shots of Amarant's face is right when he fights Zidane. Everyone who can't remember that shot, replay the game up till there. And if you miss it, replay it again until you spot it.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

i never undestood the idea that they made them superdeformed to match the old 8bit days, when the whole superdeformed thing back then was not what most think it is, it was just a topdown view called forced perception where you animate the top to look bigger than the bottom to give the illusion that you're looking at the characters from above at a slight angle, if they were to move the camera down to character level then the illusion of superdeformed would be gone... so, it makes no sense to me as to why they would make them deformed like that when it was just simply forced perceptoin back in the old days... unless the animators didn't get the whole forced perception thing like their predacessors, as the original character designes in the FF IX art book has some beautiful artwork of the characters that is not deformed in the least, it's sad they chose to go with the final wonky designes as opposed to the more beautifull ones that were originaly designed for the game, only Beatrix looks closely like her original designe, Zidane looked like a badass originaly but they made him look like a tool for the final, same with Steiner originaly he looked more like a knight befitting his rank but in the final they made him uber fat, i just don't get decisions like those...
    on topic Brahne get's the award for oddest character designe as she is so hideous it hurts the eyes just to look at her...
    Last edited by Elly; 11-12-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Ehhh, I think normal art work can get boring. I liked the fact that FFIX's art style was different. It was kinda cute and pretty cool.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Articles
    Blog Entries

Isn't Amarant a Coral, or a sea-like person with hair made of coral? And with a name like Salamander Coral, he can't possibly be human.

I think his race is a Coral.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

He looks like the local pimp to me though. A relatively successful one that have at least a few chocobos under him.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Eiko and Garnet are both Summoners - they have extra organs and brain structures that regular humans lack.
    Hol up. Summoners have extra organs?