Thread: PS1 "Origins" version - World Map?

Default PS1 "Origins" version - World Map?

I've never played FF2 before, but I thought I'd take part in this month's competition even though I'm starting a little late. Going into it cold turkey is kicking my ass though. Here's a basic question: I have Scott's ring already. So... how do I pull up the world map? Am I missing some magical button combination here because I can't figure it out.

At the moment my complete lack of direction sense has landed me in an area called "Palamecia" and I'm fairly certain I'm not supposed to be in this area yet. At least the sudden upgrade from monsters dropping 30 gold to monsters dropping 300 gold (and my party, and very quickly at that) is giving me that sense. I think I'm supposed to be in Palm or Polm or something like that. Help!

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I believe the button combination for the World Map in the PSOne version is "O+Select".
    Figaro Castle

That worked! Excellent, thank you

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

There's a screenshot in the eyes on plays (you should post your screenshots there too as well as your site!) that actually has that scene on it xD

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's funny because the first time I tried to play FF II I got lost too and decided to start over because I didn't remember what I was supposed to do anymore. XD
    By the way, you should get back to the Rebel Hideout in Altair and show the ring to Hilda. She'll tell you what to do. If you need to get to Paloom, from Altair go east and cross the lake with the canoe Minwu gave you. Paloom is just across.