Thread: Hey I never noticed that before...

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Hey I never noticed that before...

... but this time I did! Yay for new game+! How did new game plus affect your experience. Did you enjoy having 4 gunner dressperes? Or do you think that it was not needed? Discuss!

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

How about starting the game with three Mascots, an Iron Duke and The End GG equipped?

It makes the game a breeze. And since you have to play through three times to get everything, that's a huge bonus.

In fact I'm peeved they don't use New Game + in the regular FF series.

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

I enjoyed the extra spheres... it allowed me to traverse through the GG gates and finish on whichever one I wanted ... and start again on that very same one.

That's about it though.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

It was kewl! Also makes using the special spheres easier, since I don't have to switch to a more vulnerable class!

...but I never had to do that anyway xD

I. CAN'T. GET. THE. MASCOT. SPHERE.

I keep messing up at the moonflow without realizing it. I'm even using a guide!

D:

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

It reduces the challenge, but it also reduces the need for some extreme grinding, so I heartilly approve of it, and like BG-57 I'd like to see it implemented in the main series.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I liked it because it allowed me to play the game the way that I wanted to play the game. I was able to keep the girls in their default job class and still give them secondary abilities while keeping true to the story.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    I liked it because it allowed me to play the game the way that I wanted to play the game. I was able to keep the girls in their default job class and still give them secondary abilities while keeping true to the story.
    Interesting coming from a guy that holds FF 7 so high. A game that has no job classes what so ever.
    Kefka wait.
    Wait he says, Do I look like a Waiter?

FFXIV Character

Umami Spitebreath (Kujata)

Quote Originally Posted by toad626 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Roogle View Post
    Interesting coming from a guy that holds FF 7 so high. A game that has no job classes what so ever.
    What are you trying to say?

o_o?

or are you just pointing it out?

I haven't tried the New Game + in this game yet. I'm saving it for when I have the urge to do another playthrough

Vaan - "Hey, you!"
    Penelo - "Yeah, you! The one reading this sig at this very moment!"
    Vaan - "Interested in playing FFXII International Zodiac Job system?"
    Ashe - "But you have no knowledge of the Japanese language?"
    Fran - "....We could help...."
    Balthier - "That's right, Fran! Just click on Crossblades' thread on the very bottom of this signature and it will show you all license grid translations, magicks and tecks locations, and other changes that were made!"
    Basch - "Don't forget though. Swap Magic is needed to play this game if you don't own a japanese PS2."
    Vaan - "Also remember that if you played the original, you'll have an easier time playing the international version. We hope you enjoy the International Zodiac Job System experience. See ya then!"

http://forums.eyesonff.com/final-fan...ther-info.html

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by toad626 View Post
    I think you are mistaken, toad626. I like the Final Fantasy games with job classes more than the Final Fantasy games without job classes because the job classes help establish a character background and a definitive role in gameplay and in story.

I think that the dressphere system would have been better implemented in the game if they explained the background of every dressphere and their effects on the girls, too, but that never happened —

Square Enix promoted a Create Your Own Dressphere style contest and one of the finalists' dressphere was one that could effectively summon the spirit from the other dresspheres. It went on to explain how some of the dresspheres like Trainer, for example, was created — I think her name was Coco or something, and she and her husband lived on a farm in a rural area, and they were killed because Sin or an opposing army attacked it — the point was that her spirit lives on and that job class would have been able to summon her from the dressphere and bring the true Trainer to the battlefield. That entry did not win the contest because of its heavy design and effects implementation. What won the contest? That Festivalgoer Dressphere was the result of it.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I feel like a god walking amongst mere mortals. All powerful and all knowing. Everyone should worship the ground that i walked and lick my boots while they are at it.