Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Materia in Advent Children

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

The only thing that bothered me in the least bit was Kadaj using green materia to summon xD

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Jessweeee♪ View Post
    The only thing that bothered me in the least bit was Kadaj using green materia to summon xD
    That's by no means certain... we see him take a blue materia into his arm, and that same arm glows when he's summoning later on. But then, we know that those guys have a whole lot of materia in their arms. You can see that when Yazoo and Loz are dissolving at the end. So Kadaj was quite possibly using a different materia for his summoning. The glow was blue/green, not red, but that's the normal colour of spirit energy apparently

When you use enemy skills, a red aura encircles you. When you use magic, a green aura encircles you. No aura is present when you summon. Just a bunch of ancient symbols.

I think it's correct to assume that Cloud and the others really don't need materia at this point. Having a better understanding of the Planet, they can no doubt form a relationship with it that allows them to do things they weren't able to do in the past (such as jumping 80 feet in the air and destroying solid objects). By the way, I don't think Cloud's weapon is all that special. It's not the Ultima Weapon. It's just a bunch of swords that lock together. I think overall that Cloud's strength extends into his swords while he's fighting.

You could say that people all over the planet have latent LIMIT abilities granted them by the Planet upon their birth. I would bet that this is how the Cetra could defeat Jenova without materia (if they did). Of course, upon the discovery of materia, a lot of people would forget about their own abilities and simply rely on Mako. Pretty much everyone who uses LIMITs has a reason for why they'd know how to use them. Of course, Cid's only hint is his spear and his last name which might make us think he's been trained by a long line of warriors.
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.

Blog Entries

Default maybe

I think they were putting the materia in armor when they did equip it. maybe thier jacket or something.
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Eggstreme Wheelie Recognized Member Jiro's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor
    • Notable contributions to former community wiki

It would've been a nice touch, but I don't think the absence detracted from the movie at all. However, I want to know what types of materia Cloud had in that box. There was a bunch of it

They see me rolling. They hating, patrolling.
    Trying to catch me riding dirty.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    It would've been a nice touch, but I don't think the absence detracted from the movie at all. However, I want to know what types of materia Cloud had in that box. There was a bunch of it
    How do they know what materia is what though? Do you get a brainwave type thing when you touch it? Or do they secretly put labels in, so that they don't get confused.

And I think the Ancients could use Materia, because they could also increase the spirit energy of the planet. So they wouldn't feel guilty if they did.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by champagne supernova View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiro View Post
    How do they know what materia is what though? Do you get a brainwave type thing when you touch it? Or do they secretly put labels in, so that they don't get confused.

And I think the Ancients could use Materia, because they could also increase the spirit energy of the planet. So they wouldn't feel guilty if they did.
    Who else would have made the black and white materia?
    Marcus
    "No cloud, no squall shall hinder us!" - FF9

Games completed - 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10, 10-2, 12, 13, 13-2, 13-3 Tactics, Tactics Advanced, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, KH, KH2, And played 11.

Yuffie makes a comment about how all the materia are to do with battles and magic, and how it must have been awful for the ancients because they must have always been fighting (no wonder they died out) so i figured that Materia had like Ancient knowledge in it, cos it comes from the life stream doesn't it.
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Yuffie makes a comment about how all the materia are to do with battles and magic, and how it must have been awful for the ancients because they must have always been fighting (no wonder they died out) so i figured that Materia had like Ancient knowledge in it, cos it comes from the life stream doesn't it.
    Yep, that's basically how it's explained in the game - materia, like some of the the Spheres in FFX, are distilled and condensed spirit energy that's been floating around the Lifestream. That can sometimes include memories or powers of particular individuals who've returned to the planet, such as the Ancients - who were spiritually in tune with the planet, and able to communicate with it and call on its powers. Which is what materia allows a regular person to do, albeit in a more limited way.

Gobbledygook! Recognized Member Christmas's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

It is creepy when Yazoo just slot the Materia into his arm.