Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: "Don't blame us. Blame yourself or God."

Formerly NewBlackMage Fate Fatale's Avatar

I really like the original lines, but I've yet to play the new version. As far as the first line is concerned, I think that the old version was much more in character for Delita. He doesn't know or care about Agrias, so why should he be so nice to her?

"Everything has a purpose. It's your life's mission to find yours."

Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

Quote Originally Posted by JustAnotherCid View Post
    Or something like that. What I dont get is that I dont think he does swim against the current. In fact, he swims with it, using the very tools of manipulation and deceit that the rest of them did.
    Agreed, haha but I guess that's the thing about hypocrisy, you yourself are usually the last one to realize your worldview carries with it a double standard. I will say I think when talks about "the stream" he's referring more to the class divisions and biases than he is to the tools used by those individual classes. Let's face it, the Hokuten, Nanten, Shrine Knights, along with the Death Corps and all the other "freedom fighters" and radicals trying to escape oppression from higher classes use manipulation, the only difference in Delita's case is that he used it successfully. Ultimately I think "swimming against the stream" means he had bigger plans than being a token charity case for some noble family, or even a powerful leader in the church; he had his sights set on the greatest prize there was in Ivalice (debatable, of course, but in his eyes the greatest).

I always took that statement to mean that everyone is out for themselves at the cost of others, where as he is doing what he is doing to help Ivalice. My view of Delita was as a hero that saved Ivalice at the cost of his own soul. Both Ramza and Delita saved the world in their own way, but Delita didn't even get the reward of being able to feel like a hero after; however I don't think this is the popular perception of him.

I like the old dialog better. I only like the old out of fond gameplay memories.

The old.

I've played through the Playstation version about 30 times now so when I picked up the PSP version, it just felt to different. Its is an overall better translation but just doesn't feel right in my opinion.