Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Again, Again!

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

Default Again, Again!

Have you ever played a game to the end and then started again immediately after you beat it?

I remember doing that with Super Metroid a couple times. I thought that game was so awesome that, after busting up Mother Brain and escaping, I popped open another file and kept rolling like nothing happened.

I've done it with Bomberman64, too. Actually, that's a game I haven't played in a while. Maybe I'll whip that one out in the near future.

Well, not played straight after it... But with a fair amount of RPG's that I finish (most recently Crisis Core) I have thought "I really want to play it again!" but I hold myself back because I know I'll love it more when I play it again later down the track.

Hmm, actually, when I was younger I remember playing Aladdin on the Super Nintendo, and then straight away playing Aladdin on Sega Mega Drive. They were slightly different though.

"... and so I close, realizing that perhaps the ending has not yet been written."

I remember beating Tomb Raider 2 a couple of times in a row.It was my first PS game ever so i was quite ecstatic about it but i still think it was one of the best games on Playstation.I did the same with TR 3 mostly because i wanted to explore all the different routes and get all secrets.
    I also did that with
    Resident Evil 2
    Silent Hill 2 (i wanted to see all endings)
    and Resident Evil 4

Only ever did that with one game. And that was FFVII.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Unless it's a game that can be completed in around an hour or less, no, I don't usually like replaying games right away.

Nope, I don't think I ever done that. When I've finished a game I'll most likely not play it again, let alone begin a new file, at least for a month or so.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

once.. but that game had seven different endings

I'll sometimes do that with games. I won't save or make a new file though.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

I've replayed games like Dynasty Warriors and LotR with different characters but I doubt that counts. Dead Rising and Gears of War are two of the most recent ones that spring to mind, though.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Perfect Dark, but that was to go through the game on a different difficulty setting so - again - I'm not entirely sure if that counts. Otherwise I did the same as Psychotic with Dynasty Warriors. Oh and Tetris naturally, but there's no end to Tetris, is there? xD
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

I did it with FF X-2 to get the extra ending. I played through Tales of Sypmphonia three times when I first got it. :P

New Game + for the win.

I've done it with a quite a few! At least, I used to. These days I only do it with great New Game + games or ones with lots of cutscenes I want to experience once more. I have beaten every Final Fantasy that's VII and up at least twice in a row. That's something!

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

The foremost game in my memory I done this to was Halo 3, me Psy and Dan had just completed it on legendary and I just suddenly kicked off in solo mode on it whooping ass.

I've done it with FF8, FF9 and several others, I loved FFX's blitzball so much I went back after completing the game to a save in killika so I could try to beat the goers in the first game it's difficult I'll give it that. Also FFTA

Metal Gear Solid 1, FFX, Metal Gear Solid 3, to name a few...

Got obliterated Recognized Member Shoeberto's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

RE4 is pretty good for that, mostly I just started a new game to be able to save up and get the Chicago Typewriter... it goes by pretty fast once you have that

Then after beating it, I started another game just to play through the whole deal with the Chicago Typewriter and buy the Infinite Rocket Launcher.