Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: If Zidane were black and still had his tail...would FFIX be rascist?

^Yeah, that would be cool. Ive never seen it before, but one of the FFXIII images looked like there might be one.

http://i26.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:/20utlow.jpg

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Aaah I think Square were sitting there saying "We re-graphiced the games... We're running out of ideas here people! We've been regraphicing them for the last 6 games now what!? I know... this is crazy... but... a new area...?"
    "DON'T BE CRAZY JOHNSON!"
    "Crazy enough to work..?"

What You Say? Recognized Member BG-57's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Notable contributions to Final Fantasy forums

I think the Veldt in FFVI would count as savannah.

But I agree that African influences are underrepresented.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor

Yeah most definetly I would think it would've been racist. I vaguely thought that Barret was stereotypical there were some suspicions, but if they did that to Zidane then most definetly.

^ I laughed thinkin it was a Mr.T mick take xD
    But, if FF was to START in an African area, i.e savannah, and you had Zidane would it be called racist?

I think if Kuja was black, game would have been definately accused of being racist. I mean black guy who has interesting choice of clothes and he gets beaten by white people and some other freaks.

Turn any main FF-villain into black and it would be called racist game. I find funny that Resident Evil 5 is accused being racist. Cīmon Chris is in Africa where majority of population is black. Wtf you expect? Some grazy spanish villagers in Africa???

Default Bolivar's comment on monkeys

... I call my wife monkey. She sort of looks like one and tends to eat a lot of bananas when she watches TV. However she's philipino - is it still ok to call her monkey?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvious View Post
    I meant like big savannahs and places like that, in FF games there's nearly always: Western Style, A frozen wasteland, A desert, A chinese/japanese style city or vendor, a freaky scenery for the boss fight at the end.
    I don't think tbh I've ever seen a savannah or anywhere like that o.0
    Giza Plains in FFXII is certainly modelled after a Savanna, complete with dry and wet seasons.

Then there's the Estersand and Westersand, deserts not unlike that of the Sahara and Kalahari in Africa.

As well the architecture in Rabanastre, Nalbina and Bhujerba certainly seem to have Moroccan influences, in my opinion.

But back to having a black dude with a tail play Zidane - even if intents would not have been racist (or prejudice) there certainly would have been those accusing square of being racsist (or prejudice), resulting in a lot of backlash. Due to lingering sensitivity on that subject, Square certainly would never attempt something like that.

Although......

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Screw the tail, make him a big black dude who swears constantly and carries the biggest gun he possibly can, everywhere he goes!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    Even better! Everyone knows black people would rather have guns than hands. They'd use them more often anyway.
    WICKED-AWESOME SIG.

Only extremists would have even picked up on it. You guys forget about Amarant though. The guy walks around like a freakin' ape. What if he were black? Holy Crap!

FF7: What about Vincent? Another black guy with a gun? What about Tifa? Black slut? Scarlet? Black skank? I always imagined Red XIII's voice being that of the all-too-good Morgan Freeman.

FF8: Was Kiros a shot at African culture?

FF10: What if all the Ronso had brown fur instead of blue/black fur? Would they have been considered a racist element? Wakka sounded Latino.

FF10-2: Rikku... black..?

Quote Originally Posted by Suvious View Post
    Western Style
    What is Western Style? Are you talking about Cowboys, etc? The only cowboy I remember is Irvine.
    What's western?
    Jack: How do you know?

Will: It's more of a feeling really.

Jack: Well, that's not scientific. Feeling isn't knowing. Feeling is believing. If you believe it, you can't know because there's no knowing what you believe. Then again, no one should believe what they know either. Once you know anything that anything becomes unbelievable if only by virtue of the fact you now... know it. You know?

Will: No.

If Demolition Man were remade today

Huxley: What's wrong? You broke contact.
    Spartan: Contact? I didn't even touch you.
    Huxley: Don't you want to make love?
    Spartan: Is that what you call this? Why don't we just do it the old-fashioned way?
    Huxley: NO!
    Spartan: Whoa! Okay, calm down.
    Huxley: Don't tell me to calm down!
    Spartan: What's gotten into you? 'Cause it sure as hell wasn't me.
    Huxley: Physical relations in the way of intercourse are no longer acceptable John Spartan.
    Spartan: What? Why the hell not?
    Huxley: It's the law, John. And for your information, the very idea that you suggested it makes me feel personally violated.
    Spartan: Wait a minute... violated? Huxley what the hell are you accusing me of here?
    Huxley: You need to leave, John.
    Spartan: But Huxley.
    Huxley: Get out!
    Moments later Spartan is arrested for "violating" Huxley.

By the way, that's called satire. Get over it.