Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shining Force!

Quote Originally Posted by thegirth View Post
    this is the second greatest game series ever next to, of course, final fantasy. SF2 takes sole responsibility for turning me into a gamer, and remains to this day in a tie for my second favorite game EVAR
    you pretty much nailed that on the button for me, Shining Force 2 is probably my Favorite game of all time behind Final Fantasy 7. I've never played sf3. I downloaded it for my emulator and it was all jacked up, it looks good though, especially since you get to be oddler(one of the best characters created) and Max again.

It's safe to say Shining Force will remain in my heart forever

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryth View Post
    Man, talk about nostalgia. I would spend hours playing Legacy Of The Great Intention without rest. I know that game like the back of my hand. Shining Force II was also epic.

Shining Tears is one of the worst RPGs I've ever played though. Ever.
    Shining Tears was better than Resurrection of the Dark Dragon.

Talk about butchering a great game. I loved Legacy of the Great Intention, and then they remake it and turn it into that...thing.
    I haven't played the remake, but I can't imagine its so bad a remake it completely ruins the base game. There just wasn't anything good about Shining Tears.
    You can't imagine it, but it is so. I'll prove it:

Magic comes from a sattelite.

That is how bad RotDD is. That is one of the added plot points to the game. That is how much they butchered LotGI.
    Oh, Sweet Jesus. I admittedly laughed, but it couldn't hide the sound of my childhood being murdered in cold blood. ):