Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: IX VS. VII and VIII

i really enjoy the steam punk style that 7 used and what 8 somewhat used...9 was very old school...so i kinda lost interest...just an opinion though

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

joking about the bible- this threads getting contravertial lol

I'd say keep on topic, but i'd like so see how the conversation plays out lol

I always found 'the good book' to be oxymoronic.

After all, we know that books are boring pieces of .

From this fact we can instead see that the divine source of inspiration must be a videogame. After careful studying, I have reached the conclusion that Final Fantasy IX is the holy video game, divinely inspired by God. That God is of course Steiner. Final Fantasy IX is merely a vessel portraying the great works of Steiner. From it we learn to pay homage to his almighty reign.

Our Steiner, who art in Ivalice (whoops, I mean Gaia)
    Hallowed be thy penis
    Alexandria come, thy will have fun
    On Gaia as it is in Beatrix's room on a Friday night
    Give us this day our daily Gysahl pickles
    And deliver us from Quina
    As Quina eats our food by trespassing against us
    And lead us not into the temptation of beating the crap out of that worthless lowlife Zidane
    But deliver us from thievery
    For thine is the protection of Garnet, the power and the penis
    For ever and ever.

Stein-men

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I always found 'the good book' to be oxymoronic.

After all, we know that books are boring pieces of .

From this fact we can instead see that the divine source of inspiration must be a videogame. After careful studying, I have reached the conclusion that Final Fantasy IX is the holy video game, divinely inspired by God. That God is of course Steiner. Final Fantasy IX is merely a vessel portraying the great works of Steiner. From it we learn to pay homage to his almighty reign.

Hallowed be thy penis
    And lead us not into the temptation of beating the crap out of that worthless lowlife Zidane
    For ever and ever.

Stein-men
    Oh, my god. Loves.

IX felt more like KH, a lot more child-like you know?
    you are kidding right?

you are kidding right?
    Nope

Hallowed be thy penis
    For ever and ever.

Stein-men
    Right, theres liking this game, and then theres adapting the Lords Prayer into it- this is much further than Fanboy-ism!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner View Post
    I went back in time, then cried aloud in mirth and merriment.

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth
    Right, theres liking this game, and then theres adapting the Lords Prayer into it- this is much further than Fanboy-ism!
    I think Vivisteiner just has a really interesting sense of humor.

As for IX vs. VII and VIII, most of real life friends hate FFIX. They too think that it's childish, though I think that has more to do with the deformed character models. ::shrugs:: I haven't played enough of IX (or VIII, for that matter), to really have an opinion. However, you say that IX is 'childish' like Kingdom Hearts, to which I must say that Kingdom Hearts is the greatest thing to ever happen on this planet. IX is lucky to be compared to it.
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by hhr1dluv View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth
    I think Vivisteiner just has a really interesting sense of humor.

As for IX vs. VII and VIII, most of real life friends hate FFIX. They too think that it's childish, though I think that has more to do with the deformed character models. ::shrugs:: I haven't played enough of IX (or VIII, for that matter), to really have an opinion. However, you say that IX is 'childish' like Kingdom Hearts, to which I must say that Kingdom Hearts is the greatest thing to ever happen on this planet. IX is lucky to be compared to it.
    I can't agree with that at all. Final Fantasy IX did not have a childish storyline at all. Kingdom Hearts was childish by far, but thats okay, we all know everyone wants to kick ass with Micky Donald and Goofy deep down inside.

Final Fantasy IX did not have a childish storyline at all
    When did I say a childish storyline?

All i mean is stuff like the character design and stuff seemed very kids program style, 7 was kinda anime style, 8 was more realistic, and 9 kinda hovers somewhere in between, like its not sure which it wants to be. thats just my take on it, maybe someone else knows how to express what i mean better than i can :S lol

^Hey, Golden Boko was referring to what hsdog11n00bblwe's friends said about FFIX. Not what you said.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

Comparing FFIX to Kingdom Hearts is like comparing Steiner to Quina. FFIX pwns and KH does not.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    Final Fantasy IX did not have a childish storyline at all
    When did I say a childish storyline?

All i mean is stuff like the character design and stuff seemed very kids program style, 7 was kinda anime style, 8 was more realistic, and 9 kinda hovers somewhere in between, like its not sure which it wants to be. thats just my take on it, maybe someone else knows how to express what i mean better than i can :S lol
    The AMV graphics where a bit Chibi, but the ingame graphics where fine.

Besides in levels of importance for games it goes:

1. Gameplay
    2. Story
    3. Graphics

Not liking a game because of the graphics is really not a good idea, unless the graphics get in the way of gameplay (as in, slow the frame rate or something)

I never said anything about IX's storyline! Nor did my friends for that matter. Where did you guys get that idea? 0.o To be honest, I can sort of see where my friends are coming from. None of them are really serious gamers (nor am I...that much), and when one goes from "wowz, we're bombing a reactor," and "we are having a sword fight before engaging in teen angst," to "let's jump rope with the hippo," it doesn't seem quite the same. Let me reiterate: I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FFIX. I HAVE NOT PLAYED ENOUGH OF IT TO HAVE A PROBLEM.
    WAAAAHCAPSLOCK. The only thing I will say about my experience with FFIX is that this game seems to have many more comic and/or light parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Vivisteiner
    hsdog11n00bblwe
    Whosiewhatie? What'd you do to my fangirlish name? As for the
    'n00b' reference, I think that the day I stop being a n00b part of me might die a little.

Quote Originally Posted by daggertrepe
    Comparing FFIX to Kingdom Hearts is like comparing Steiner to Quina. FFIX pwns and KH does not.
    IMO, Quina's Theme > 90% of character themes. Hence, Quina>Steiner by default. Hence, KH>FFIX, by your logic.

Bears. Beets. Battlestar Galactica.
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

I never said anything about IX's storyline! Nor did my friends for that matter. Where did you guys get that idea? 0.o To be honest, I can sort of see where my friends are coming from. None of them are really serious gamers (nor am I...that much), and when one goes from "wowz, we're bombing a reactor," and "we are having a sword fight before engaging in teen angst," to "let's jump rope with the hippo," it doesn't seem quite the same. Let me reiterate: I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM WITH FFIX. I HAVE NOT PLAYED ENOUGH OF IT TO HAVE A PROBLEM.
    WAAAAHCAPSLOCK. The only thing I will say about my experience with FFIX is that this game seems to have many more comic and/or light parts.
    The best sword fighting mini-game ever was in FFIX. And yeah, FFIX is fricking hilarious.

Btw, you said your friends thought FFIX was childish. That implies they thought the storyline was childish as that is what truly defines such things.

Whosiewhatie? What'd you do to my fangirlish name? As for the
    'n00b' reference, I think that the day I stop being a n00b part of me might die a little.
    Fangirlish? I thought it was just a splodge on a keyboard.

IMO, Quina's Theme > 90% of character themes. Hence, Quina>Steiner by default. Hence, KH>FFIX, by your logic.
    Quina's cool but Steiner is God.

Hence:

Final Fantasy IX >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> KH

clicky clicky clicky