Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    I can see where your all coming from, I just feel that because 7 and 8 are the ones I grew up with (being 18 now) they feel like THE Final Fantasies, IX felt more like KH, a lot more child-like you know?
    Final Fantasy IX had more lighthearted moments than its predecessors because of its settings and references to previous Final Fantasy games. I think it is obvious that Final Fantasy VIII, for example, had less lighthearted moments than Final Fantasy IX.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Yes, Steiner is god, so FFIX is better than KH. Thank you, vivisteiner.

And roogle, I agree. Which makes FFIX even more awesome. The mushy moments of the game make me happy on the inside. (Secretly, of course.)

Final Fantasy IX had more lighthearted moments than its predecessors because of its settings and references to previous Final Fantasy games
    I think a lot of the seriousness in 7 and 8 are what make it great, sure you have a few jokes to break the tension, but you can actually imagine a lot of the story (especially 8, if in an alternate reality lol) actually happening. With FFIX i don't find it all that believable tbh.

"oh yeah we're going to risk full scale war to rescue a princess thats not even from our kingdom"

you see what i mean?

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Did you miss like the entire storyline? They never went to war over Garnet! Brahne when to war to gather the Crystals since she knew of their destructive power, which is very believable. How many times have countries went to war over resources to make themselves more powerful?

Did you miss like the entire storyline? They never went to war over Garnet! Brahne when to war to gather the Crystals since she knew of their destructive power, which is very believable.
    Did you miss the whole of the first disc? Regent Cid sent Zidane and co to kidnap Garnet because they suspected Brahne of something (mainly due to her meetings with Kuja). Regent Cid did this because he and the late king of Alexandria were best buds. and Kidnapping a princess will be seen as an act of war.

it is after that that Brahne decides to engage the plan of the Crystals

How many times have countries went to war over resources to make themselves more powerful?
    Don't mention ze voar! lol

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Brahne already had a plan for war. She just used Garnet's kidnapping as an excuse to start one. That's why Garnet left - she felt her mother was becoming a crazy, fat, ugly, fat, ugly, crazy, fat warmonger.

Gold is the new black Goldenboko's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Editor
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Super Sepiroth View Post
    Did you miss like the entire storyline? They never went to war over Garnet! Brahne when to war to gather the Crystals since she knew of their destructive power, which is very believable.
    Did you miss the whole of the first disc? Regent Cid sent Zidane and co to kidnap Garnet because they suspected Brahne of something (mainly due to her meetings with Kuja). Regent Cid did this because he and the late king of Alexandria were best buds. and Kidnapping a princess will be seen as an act of war.
    Regent Cid sent Zidane because he felt something was wrong, and he thought war was going to brew (he was right), he thought she would be safer in Lindblum, because he didn't know about the Black Mages or the Eilodons.

This wasn't the cause of the war though, and if it was, then you've missed the whole first disc.

Brahne didn't like Garent running away because she had the Eilodons, and Alexandria's pennant.

Brahne attacked, Burmecia, and Cleyra before Lindblum, because the plan was to get the Eilodons and the Pennants the entire time.

Garnet mentioned Kuja showing up a year before the storyline's beginning, meaning they planned this war a year before she ran away.

This part of the story line seemed pretty self explanatory. :P

Th reason Cid kidnapped Garnet was because he feared for her safety. He could smell a rat from all these dodgy dealings going on. It was the most wise move to remove Garnet at that time. Otherwise Brahne would have had direct and easy access to her Ediolons. Not to mention that Regent Cid promised Garnet's father as much. Regent Cid was an uncle to Garnet and it was only natural he did what he did. With communications between him and Brahne breaking off and the kingdom-kingdom atmosphere getting decidedly chilly, it was the only sensible thing he could do.

Regent Cid: "I once promised your father <gwok>, that should anything
    happen, I would protect you. We've known about the
    disturbances in Alexandria for some time. But had we acted
    directly, it would've started a war. So, I asked Baku for
    help. He and I go way back. The play was the perfect cover
    to enter Alexandria and get you out. No one would suspect
    Lindblum was behind it. We were <gwok> forced to take
    action, because we knew Alexandria would never seek our
    help. I'm relieved we were able to get you here."

Here's the quote.

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky

To be honest, I think my gamer friends felt that it was the monkey-tailed hero, the cute black mage, the knight that crashes into the castle wall, the jump roping hippo, and the generally deformed characters that made them think of FFIX as childish, probably because the game seemed like a cartoon. I don't think they took story into account.

As for my user name, it's Harry Potter related. I no longer like HP that much, so it's a bit outdated. You all get cookies if you can guess what it's referring to.

Okay, so Steiner is God. Kingdom Hearts consists of the people who believe in God. Without them, God would be powerless. Hence, KH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steiner/FFIX.
    I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VII: DoC, VII: CC, VIII, X, X-2, XII, KH, KH:CoM, Re:CoM, KHII, CT

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Quote Originally Posted by hhr1dluv View Post
    Okay, so Steiner is God. Kingdom Hearts consists of the people who believe in God. Without them, God would be powerless. Hence, KH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steiner/FFIX. :tongue:
    Your logical progression of thought fails.

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ouch! View Post
    Okay, so Steiner is God. Kingdom Hearts consists of the people who believe in God. Without them, God would be powerless. Hence, KH >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Steiner/FFIX.
    Your logical progression of thought fails.
    hardcore FFIX fans here think

steiner = god

.. a video character made by people while

people =/= god

so

video game characters =/= god

which makes

fans = baka

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

Your casual use of popular Japanese terms within the English language depress me on multiple levels. ; ;

Anyway, your progression of thought is logical. The previous example... not so much.

Regent Cid sent Zidane because he felt something was wrong, and he thought war was going to brew (he was right), he thought she would be safer in Lindblum, because he didn't know about the Black Mages or the Eilodons.
    I wasn't saying that was the cause of the war, I said he was risking a war. But i see your point of thinking it was inevitable anyways lol

No. Just no.

Steiner = God

Ergo...

Final Fantasy IX >>>>>>>> Anything

"They said this day would never come. They said our sights were set too high. They said this country was too divided, too disillusioned to ever come around a common purpose. But on this January night, at this defining moment in history, you have done what the cynics said we couldn't do." - Barack Obama.
    clicky clicky clicky