Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Yeah, I agree Tennant is great. I don't think I'd want anyone to replace him (unless it was Chris ).
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Shauna View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Harle-Quin View Post
    It's fairly obvious that if you change something like the Pompeii business, it'll have massive great consequences on the future. I could watch something like that happening and only think "Hmm...that really sucks."

I imagine it'd be different if my family were currently living in Pompeii, or something, but they're not. So happy days.

However, in the world of Doctor Who, they don't have Doctor Who on TV, so maybe they wouldn't understand all this time travel lark as much as we do.
    Yeah, I know that it'd have horrible consequences. Part of me would probably still want to save those people. xD But oh well.
    That's because you're a big wuss Shauna! I Wouldn't go on like Donna did and I wouldn't betray the Doctor and tell them, when he explained why she shouldn't. :mog:

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB
    Yeah, I agree Tennant is great. I don't think I'd want anyone to replace him (unless it was Chris ).
    I thought he was an excellent Doctor but I wouldn't like to kiss him.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Well... he's got three regenerations left, so they've still got a bit of flexibility left about who they cast as the next Doctor, when the time finally comes...

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Big D View Post
    Well... he's got three regenerations left, so they've still got a bit of flexibility left about who they cast as the next Doctor, when the time finally comes...
    If The Master was any indication they're quite willing to be flexible with the whole Regeneration deal. Should they ever get to that point I would imagine they would find a way to get around it.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Indeed, I was just thinking of that... Such is the convenience of sci-fi, especially when you've got time-bending and almost immortal aliens

Exactly! That's what is so good about sci-fi, the almost limitless scope...

David Tennant is an awesome Doctor; I just can't watch Catherine Tate

~##

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I still think they should get rid of him soonish. I love him as the Doctor and all, but you can't just keep chucking his assistants out. The Doctor will, inevitably, put himself in a situation from which he cannot escape alive.

Of course, with a Time Lord, the definition of alive is fairly flexible.

Blog Entries

I dont think they should kill off their doctors too quickly. They want to prolong the time before we get to the "wow this thing thats never been used before for some obscure reason will give you more lives!!!" plot. I personally think the 8th doctor's movie was a waste. One adventure and he's gone. And if the situation arises where theres a bad Doctor like the 6th one, they'll probably want to cut that season short so they can get a new one and they might want a few to spare in case that happens.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by blackmage_nuke View Post
    I dont think they should kill off their doctors too quickly. They want to prolong the time before we get to the "wow this thing thats never been used before for some obscure reason will give you more lives!!!" plot. I personally think the 8th doctor's movie was a waste. One adventure and he's gone. And if the situation arises where theres a bad Doctor like the 6th one, they'll probably want to cut that season short so they can get a new one and they might want a few to spare in case that happens.
    Agreed. Christopher Eccleston was terrific, but he left after a single season to avoid getting typecast...
    It's kinda weird: The Doctor's about nine centuries old, but it seems he spent several hundred years in his first 'incarnation', and only started dying/regenerating regularly once the BBC started making a tv show about him

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    If The Master was any indication they're quite willing to be flexible with the whole Regeneration deal. Should they ever get to that point I would imagine they would find a way to get around it.
    well yeah, the master on a few occasions stole someother body to rejuvinate his lives. however, i think thats a bit too evil for the doctor
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Agreed. Christopher Eccleston was terrific, but he left after a single season to avoid getting typecast...
    It's kinda weird: The Doctor's about nine centuries old, but it seems he spent several hundred years in his first 'incarnation', and only started dying/regenerating regularly once the BBC started making a tv show about him
    That's true, but he's certainly spent longer than the 60-odd years depicted on-screen. In his first incarnation he's about 600ish and now he's about 900. But yeah, it appears having BBC cameras following you around, and presumably a writing staff doing your lines, is extremely hazardous for one's health.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by I Don't Need A Name View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    well yeah, the master on a few occasions stole someother body to rejuvinate his lives. however, i think thats a bit too evil for the doctor
    If you remember, the Master's latest regeneration occured without the theft of a body. The regeneration rules have been stretched and warped so many times by the Master thus far, I doubt there will be much problem explaining why the Doctor can continue regenerating. My guess is that the removal of the Time Lords from history is going to have some connection.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    If you remember, the Master's latest regeneration occured without the theft of a body. The regeneration rules have been stretched and warped so many times by the Master thus far, I doubt there will be much problem explaining why the Doctor can continue regenerating. My guess is that the removal of the Time Lords from history is going to have some connection.
    The story was that the Time Lords revived The Master, so that he could serve as a 'last resort' in the final war with the Daleks. That never came about, though, so his identity was kept suppressed, and he lived on in the distant future as 'Professor Yana'.
    The destruction of Gallifrey would seem to be a setback to reviving The Doctor again, but thanks to the nifty miracle of time travel, anything's possible - since the Time Lords were killed, but not erased from history entirely.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rose was good, Martha was better, Donna is annoying, David Tennant's doctor is pretty damn cool but nothing will ever compare to Christopher Eccleston's version of the ol' Timelord. <i>Fantastic!</i>
    I actually agree with you here BoB, I didn't think much of Martha personally, she was ok but as said by the BBC the stress of the huge scale of Dr Who started to show on her, she started well but failed to cope towards the end. Rose Tyler (Billie Piper, never thought I'd say this but she can actually act, watch secret diary of a call girl...she's actually also damn hawt in that too) was good, her storyline was well written and her role didn't try to "out-do" the doctor in any way. Not that I believe she could out-do Eccleston, hell I remember the episode where the first of the Dalek's appears and he's making this huge gun and then goes off in to a rant about the destruction of Gallifrey ect ect. It was actually moving you could believe that Eccleston was the 900+ year old lone survivor of a terrible war faced with the return of his arch enemy. The role of Captain Jack Harkness and also Rose's friend Danny were well executed too.

I guess they've changed the writing team or something because the last great support role actress I saw since Rose Tyler was Kylie Minogue performing on the xmas special about the space titanic. Catherine Tate is annoying because she's a well known and respected actress who likes to be centre of attention and star of the show. She doesn't like to be second fiddle and well compared to the Doctor thats exactly what it's meant to be an assistant, a second fiddle. The writers or her improvising acting is just getting too big and loud for a mere assistant she'd have been better off doing a special probably as the big bad woman rather than the assistants role something where she could challenge Tennants acting skills without being a permanent competition for him.

David Tennant is a great doctor, doesn't have the same aura or imposing image as Eccleston had as the doctor the voice and attitude lacks the gravity that his predecessor could pull off and yet Tennant still manages to win through.

What I am considering having watched the finale of season 2 of the Dr Who spinoff Torchwood tonight on BBC I-player, how will season 3 of Torchwood play out when they've killed in my opinion one of THE best actors in it (twice actually) Owen was easily the funniest of them at times for his cynical sarcastic views and quiet conflicting pessimism and optimism for example he suggests he can make it to the nuclear power station, why? because being dead but living he's king of the weevils

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    The story was that the Time Lords revived The Master, so that he could serve as a 'last resort' in the final war with the Daleks. That never came about, though, so his identity was kept suppressed, and he lived on in the distant future as 'Professor Yana'.
    The destruction of Gallifrey would seem to be a setback to reviving The Doctor again, but thanks to the nifty miracle of time travel, anything's possible - since the Time Lords were killed, but not erased from history entirely.
    Professor Yana regenerated into (SPOILER)Howard Saxon. The Time Lords revived him into the Professor Yana incarnation, but he regenerated after that, so clearly he found a new way around the regeneration limit.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.