Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Skyblade View Post
    Professor Yana regenerated into (SPOILER)Howard Saxon. The Time Lords revived him into the Professor Yana incarnation, but he regenerated after that, so clearly he found a new way around the regeneration limit.
    True - but what I mean is, the Time Lords brought him back in the first place, which presumably reset his regeneration limit somehow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow
    I actually agree with you here BoB, I didn't think much of Martha personally, she was ok but as said by the BBC the stress of the huge scale of Dr Who started to show on her, she started well but failed to cope towards the end. Rose Tyler (Billie Piper, never thought I'd say this but she can actually act, watch secret diary of a call girl...she's actually also damn hawt in that too) was good, her storyline was well written and her role didn't try to "out-do" the doctor in any way. Not that I believe she could out-do Eccleston, hell I remember the episode where the first of the Dalek's appears and he's making this huge gun and then goes off in to a rant about the destruction of Gallifrey ect ect. It was actually moving you could believe that Eccleston was the 900+ year old lone survivor of a terrible war faced with the return of his arch enemy. The role of Captain Jack Harkness and also Rose's friend Danny were well executed too.
    Agreed, for the most part. Eccleston's sense of sadness and anger came through damn well; Tennant's got some of that, but there's usually so much goofiness it's harder to see sometimes.

I found Martha a nice counterpart to Rose. Both neat characters, but strong in different ways: Rose is very emotionally-driven, she 'feels' her way through situations; she's also open-minded enough to cope with the incredibly odd experiences she gets into during her travels. Martha, on the other hand, is technically more intelligent - but, as a scientist (medical training counts as 'science' to me) she's more driven by logic and ration, so with The Doctor she's as much a fish-out-of-water as the scientifically-untrained Rose - because the worlds they travel to are just so far beyond anything that makes sense to her reasoning, rational mind.
    Last edited by Big D; 08-25-2008 at 02:56 PM.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Today's episode, and spoilered for the benefit of the likes of Big D. I love/hate it when they do things like this.

(SPOILER)
    Sigma One: Your song will come to an end soon.
    Creepy music.
    Doctor: ...what?
    Sigma One: OH NOTHING ^_^;;

Gah! What the heck is that supposed to mean!

Sounds like a death to me!

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psychotic View Post
    Foreshadowing. The series is built on it.

On another personal level (SPOILER)I found Tim McInnery turning into an Ood slightly disturbing and icky, kind of like The Fly on daytime. Hands up all those who thinks the BBC will get complaints about that scene.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, I know it's foreshadowing, I just want to know what it's actually alluding to. Sometimes it just goes nowhere, like the episode with the Olympic Torch and the Doctor suddenly stops, looks to the sky with a thoughtful expression on his face and says "There's a storm coming" as Flavia's theme plays. Led absolutely nowhere.

(SPOILER)That scene wasn't so bad for me, and it was obvious it was gonna happen. I think they'd get more complaints for the genocide of an entire species using gas and bullets.

not you naan bread Sergeant Hartman's Avatar

enjoy your ood!

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I enjoy my Shift key much more, HATMAN.

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Well... all the hints and suggestions over the seasons leave quite a bit of room for interpretation or revision. Like the 'mystery' woman who visited The Master's pyre at the end of the previous season and left with his ring, to name but one.

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Today's episode, and spoilered for the benefit of the likes of Big D. I love/hate it when they do things like this.

(SPOILER)
    Creepy music.

Yeah I thought that was a bit creepy.

(SPOILER)I think it means that David Tennat might be replaced at the end of this season. Meaning the Doctor will have to regenerate!

If so who do you think it could be?

Doctor Who just keeps on getting better.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by smittenkitten View Post
    (SPOILER)I think it means that David Tennat might be replaced at the end of this season. Meaning the Doctor will have to regenerate!

If so who do you think it could be?
    (SPOILER)There's been a few names thrown around, including James Nesbitt. I'd be sad to see David go but he's already done three series now. If he carries on he'll end up being typecast, which would be a shame because he's a talented actor and I'd love to see him doing other stuff
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Crazy Scot. Cid's Knight Shauna's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sheetle Bug (Twintania)

I thought that this season was to be the last? That's what I gathered from the entire foreshadowy thing.

Would sniff your fingers to be polite
    Nameleon.
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Holy monkfish! If it's James Nesbitt I'll poop! That man could add some serious kickassness to the Doctor.

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

(SPOILER)
    Creepy music.

nah i thought it meant (SPOILER)that his lament song would end, as he will meet Rose again, cause it was the Bad Wolf theme that was played behind the speech at the time
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

RAAAAAAAAGE

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

interesting episode
    (SPOILER)obv gonna be a failed regeneration or, as some rumours are stating, something causes there to be 2 doctors.
    also: Donna - The Master, The Rani or Romana? take your pick (note, the sound of drums.) personally, my candidate for the companion that will die
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..