Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Doctor Who

Can uh, someone point out to me where exactly the PLOT of that episode was?

Not that I didn't enjoy it because I DID but it was just... just... so DISJOINTED.

Or was it just me?

Recognized Member smittenkitten's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator

Omg that episode was sooo epic!!! (SPOILER)Oh and Like OMG khan was a good guy! Never seen that coming.

I can't wait until Christmas, exterminate me please! :kaocry2:

Don't get mad, get moist I Don't Need A Name's Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

another disappointing series finale by Russel T.
    I wouldnt say that it wasnt fun to watch, but it was devoid of most of the plot, and left you with nothing
    I made one myself for a change! Although you can probably tell that..

(SPOILER)So now theres NO hope in daleks coming back?
    George 'G-lamb' Lambert<span style="font-family: &quot;lucida grande&quot;,tahoma,verdana,arial,sans-serif; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; font-variant: normal; font-style: normal; font-weight: normal; color: #555555; text-decoration: none;">&nbsp;|&nbsp;</span>Create your badge

<3 G3ORGE Loves Klauski <3 -->

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

Quote Originally Posted by G3ORGE View Post
    (SPOILER)they ALWAYS come back. they will find some way to say that davros survived or such like.
    in genesis, he was exterminated but they just said he had a life support system. whos to say that he didnt have an emergency teleporter?

The Misanthropist charliepanayi's Avatar

(SPOILER)As someone joked on one forum, it's a shame that Davros didn't scream "Caaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!" Star Trek style as he was trapped and dying.
    "Excuse me Miss, do you like pineapple?"

Quote Originally Posted by G3ORGE View Post
    (SPOILER)In Confidential Russell T Davies refused to say Davros was dead. Eurgh.

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by charliepanayi View Post
    (SPOILER)As someone joked on one forum, it's a shame that Davros didn't scream "Caaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnnnnnnn!!" Star Trek style as he was trapped and dying.
    That would have utterly, entirely redeemed this entire shambolic affair.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

(SPOILER)I welcome the Cybermen coming back but no more Daleks please. It just cheapens the Doctor's sacrifice in the Time War. I mean I can understand them coming back at the end of series 1, when the Doctor had a chance to destroy them and humanity at the same time, and didn't because Rose had changed him. But their return this time was just stupid.

The only worthwhile Daleks are the Cult of Skaro and now they're all dead. Interesting that both Dalek Sec and Dalek Caan decided that the Daleks were evil and worked with the Doctor.

The last two episodes leading up to this were brilliant, but the final one was pretty disappointing. It tied up loose ends nicely but there was too much Deus ex Machina even by Doctor Who standards for me to stomach. Even something as simple as Sarah Jane pinned down by Daleks was solved by "SURPRISE HERE COMES MICKEY AND JACKIE WITH GUNS!". Come on. And as for the Daleks having a nice shiny control panel with "DESTROY REALITY BOMB" and "DESTROY DALEKS" buttons on it...

Still. The scene with Wilf and the Doctor was something special. And let's not forget the most important part of the exercise:

German Daleks.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

Personally while again I'm not the biggest fan of the way RTD tends to end plots in general (loads of strands were basically rendered pointless very quickly), I can appreciate that given budget and time constraints that you need to cut off a lot of stuff. I think when it's more focused, such as in the first two series finales, then it's a lot better. Doomsday for me was still the best finale the series has yet produced. But still, it was just a larf seeing everyone on the screen altogether, and I'm a sucker for happy endings since they're so far fetched and idealistic as to penetrate even my blackened, twisted inner core.

If it's any consolation to you all Steven Moffat is going to be taking over. He's written arguably the best episodes in the series so far (Blink, Silence in the Library etc.), and I'm extremely optimistic about his tenure on the show.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well they atleast wrote out Donna Noble for good if she ever remembers what happened then she dies simple as. I hate to say it but whilst I think Catherine Tate is a brilliant actress placing her as the doctor's assistant was a bad move, she tried to outshine David Tennant and almost succeeded in some cases to do so. Now some people will say that was a good thing but I'll argue that a program named after it's character, it's main character should without fail focus on the doctor as it's main character. As for the Daleks well, last night Psy had to put up with me doing Dalek Skarn (scarn/carn whatever) voices on Halo 3 which was a laugh and the German Daleks were ACE!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Maxx Power View Post
    Personally while again I'm not the biggest fan of the way RTD tends to end plots in general (loads of strands were basically rendered pointless very quickly), I can appreciate that given budget and time constraints that you need to cut off a lot of stuff. I think when it's more focused, such as in the first two series finales, then it's a lot better. Doomsday for me was still the best finale the series has yet produced. But still, it was just a larf seeing everyone on the screen altogether, and I'm a sucker for happy endings since they're so far fetched and idealistic as to penetrate even my blackened, twisted inner core.

If it's any consolation to you all Steven Moffat is going to be taking over. He's written arguably the best episodes in the series so far (Blink, Silence in the Library etc.), and I'm extremely optimistic about his tenure on the show.
    (SPOILER)Was it a happy ending? For anyone? The only people I can really see with a remotely happy ending here are the people who weren't bad off to start with. Jack's back where he started, not really having lost anything, as is Martha, and Mickey apparently. Sarah Jane's fine. Then there's Wilf, who's devastated for Donna. Donna's lost everything and has gone back to what she was before. The Doctor's alone AGAIN.

And then there's Rose, with new!Doctor, who is a COPY. Maybe she will be happy, but she's always going to know that real!Doctor is all on his own again. It just seems like such a cop-out on Russell T Davies' part, like he wanted to please the fans and give Rose her happy ending, but the way he did was just so... eurgh. Real!Doctor and Rose didn't get a proper goodbye, AGAIN. It just seems so utterly nonsensical. Mickey's remaining in the non-alternate universe shows that Rose could have too, so shoving her off with this copy of the Doctor seems even colder. The Doctor's sacrificing his own happiness for her and what was the need? So she could have a proper human life? She proved time and time again in the second series that she didn't even care about that; she wanted to be with the Doctor and that was it. She just wanted him to not be alone, but that's exactly what he IS now. AGAIN. Maybe Rose will be better off but I still cannot see it as a happy ending, as much as I want to.

The Doctor has gone absolutely nowhere in this series. I think Donna was a brilliant companion for him (and also that Catherine Tate was great throughout the series) and he did seem quite happy but now he's lost her as well.

I did enjoy this series and it seemed like the Doctor was actually starting to be HAPPY, and now it's like... oh nvm, he's lost everyone he loves again and has gone back to being depressed and sad and alone. Whoop-de-doo.

But yeeeeeeah, bring on Moffat! He's written loads of the best episodes, like the creepy gas mask people in series 1 and Blink and yaaaaay!

absolutely haram Recognized Member Madame Adequate's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Hiero Dule (Brynhildr)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

(SPOILER)What I'm mainly annoyed about is that this ending is not likely to be final in any way. The Daleks will be back at some point. Rose could very likely be back at some point, even though this is about the third time the ways between the dimensions are closing forever. He keeps saying that, but mere Humans can find ways to get to other dimensions. And it wouldn't surprise me to see Donna come back.

Paul's right though. German Daleks redeem anything, even this shoddy mishmash of ridiculous deus ex machinas. I know a lot of technobabble was used to show that Donna had become part Time Lord, but it was honestly just retarded in this episode. Really disappointed overall, given how awesome the two episodes leading up to this were.

Oh, yeah, and they can't remind Donna of anything, supposedly? Well it seems to me that they can take quite a risk there, seeing as coming face-to-face with The Doctor and talking to him didn't jog her memory.

Huh? Flower?! What the hell?! Administrator Psychotic's Avatar
    Articles

Yeah, I'm excited about Moffat. The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances and The Girl in the Fireplace are probably my favourite episodes of the new Who, and the other two mentioned weren't half bad either.

Although I do think the other three finales were all great (Last of the Time Lords especially, with the exception of Gollum-Doctor) and first two in this group of three were great, so Russel T. Davies hasn't exactly done a bad job. Far from it.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Howie Kipps (Sargatanas)

the one thing that annoys me about this doctor who, is the BBCs constant use of morals.
    Everytime it comes to facing an enemy, the doctor ALWAYS tries to save the evil creature. (this time davros)
    what ever happened to the good old doctor who with 1000 on screen deaths an episode and him wiping out the enemy in each episode