Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Temp knight me

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

Default Temp knight me

Wouldn't it be easier to just temp knight me so I can move threads, rename them, open and close them for my new Eyes on Who thing? I really only need to be able to do it with my threads and I don't even make that many threads.

I think this makes your job as knights easier ;D
    Last edited by edczxcvbnm; 04-15-2008 at 06:45 AM.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

At this time, I think it may be too early to judge whether such measures are necessary or not. After a trail period of your new version of Eyes on You, we will determine whether or not it's too much for us to handle efficiently.

This isn't a new version of Eyes on You ;_; This is a game and it may or not be informative xD

Ideally I would like to update the thread title when I add the new questions for the next day to let everyone know of the new things about our mystery contestant XP

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Sorry, I misunderstood you then when you said "new Eyes on You" and assumed you'd be taking over the existing Eyes on You and mixing it up.

I still think temporarily knighting you is a bit extreme. What forum would this be active in? Assuming it's only going be one thread in one forum, normal moderator powers, as opposed to global moderation, is always an option.

Oops! That was a typo XD

After the thread is over then it gets closed, retitled and moved to the archive forum.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

In that case, I think you're out of luck, and you'll just have to get buddy-buddy with one of the staff to make this work. I can't see anything good of setting a precedent that if you decide to host a confusing enough event, you'll get temporarily knighted.

This isn't confusing. Just time consuming. The main thing is renaming thread titles though. Knights have always been good about closing and moving the EoY threads and I have no reason to believe that they will not be good at this one either in that aspect but updating thread titles everyday seems like a bit much for you guys and I hate to bug you all ;D

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

True, but that doesn't change the fact that it would set a precedent that other members may attempt to abuse.

Just like the precedent of my technicolor fun ;D or was that nightmare ;D

FFXIV Character

Kelesis Aleid (Phoenix)

I agree with Ouch!. What about editing the original post in each thread when you add the next set of "clues", then posting stating you did so? That way, people guessing have all the "clues" in front of them in one place and the thread gets bumped when you post.

That was an obvious given.

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

But it doesn't solve the problem of the extra work required to move each thread to the archive.

Like I said, that really isn't the concern for me. It is the daily updating of the thread title when I update the thread with new questions.

There is also the sticky/unsticky issue as well so bumping is a non-issue. I think sticky/unsticky isn't a big deal either since it is done at the same time a thread gets moved to the archive. You knights have been doing this since EoY was created. The only bit of relief you got was when I was able to close my thread after I became recognized.

Maybe a special user groups so I can update my thread title? Sounds nifty to me ;D

Articles

FFXIV Character

Contributions

Assuming such a thing is possible, I think that would be a very reasonable solution.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

The only grounds I can see it justifiable to give edzxcvbnm moderating powers at the moment was if Eyes on You were moved to its own specific forum and he were given mod powers of just that forum (e.g. like the Site Staff have moderator powers of the Site Staff forums). However I don't like the specific forum idea because I think that the reason a lot of people pay attention to Eyes on You is due to the fact that it is in General Chat and people see it in that forum often.

However, I don't see any harm in creating a usergroup where ed can update his thread title if that's possible. I think the current staff have pretty much got the moving, closing and renaming covered for the moment.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.