Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: what exactly is the ragnarok

Default what exactly is the ragnarok

i always thought the ragnarok is a spaceship that has the handy abillity of atmospheric flight, so is it an airship or a spaceship?
    The vertical limit is 250 pixels.:bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou::bou:IMG]http://images.rottentomatoes.com/images/movie/coverv/45/132645.jpg[/IMG]
    Tommorows forecast a few sprinkles of genius with a high chance of (SPOILER)DOOM
    never underestimate large groups of stupid people.

Disclamer: my spelling and grammar suck-->

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

It can do both.. so obviously..

..its a highway diner.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Loony Bob (Twintania)

Indeed, I believe it is a multipurpose ship designed to be able to operate as a spaceship, cargo plane and/or assault plane.
    Bow before the mighty Javoo!

I always thought it was a spaceship that you ended up using as an airship once you got it back to earth.

Draw the Drapes Recognized Member rubah's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

it's obviously a dragon ship. Half conveyance and half dragon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rubah Lapah View Post
    it's obviously a dragon ship. Half conveyance and half dragon.
    Maybe they hollowed out a real dragon

Quote Originally Posted by the game
    Spaceship Ragnarok
    Esthar's space shuttle. Based on an ancient Centra legend of the Dragon Ship. Esthar's finest scientific technology was used to build it. Esthar's flagship, until it was used to send Adel's Tomb into space.
    It's a space shuttle.

'Gabby Hayes' big Bart's Friend Milhouse's Avatar

It's a sword obviously...
    oh bugger wrong forum
    ...Geddit?

Quote Originally Posted by Loony BoB View Post
    Indeed, I believe it is a multipurpose ship designed to be able to operate as a spaceship, cargo plane and/or assault plane.

If I was like Cloud I don't think I would have taken that test.
    Changed to stop Jessweeee♪ from going insane. Is that better?

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Well with the word Fantasy in the title of the game I'm pretty sure some of us have the ingenuity to observe that the Ragnarok (named after the norse term for the apocalypse for some strange reason) is a multi-role fighter craft designed for function in a zero-g environment, it's air-sealed and completely capable of re-entry and immediate flight. From the way it flies and fights (SPOILER)you see it's fight capabilities during the assault on lunatic pandora it's highly advanced and it is kinda surprising the Gabaldians never saw it during the Estharian-Gabaldian war, since who wouldn't love to have a space capable fighter plane something that can disappear from radar only to re-appear over head of critical installations. Though I suppose the arrival of Laguna in Esthar and the defeat of Adel possibly had something to do with this. How the Ragnarok ended up abandoned drifting in orbit close to the lunar space station I will not theorize on. All I will say is, Squall and Rinoa we're damn lucky it was.

Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Sarangerel Qha (Twintania)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

IT'S A MONSTER HOLDER! IT HOLDS MONSTERS!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Iceglow View Post
    Well with the word Fantasy in the title of the game I'm pretty sure some of us have the ingenuity to observe that the Ragnarok (named after the norse term for the apocalypse for some strange reason) is a multi-role fighter craft designed for function in a zero-g environment, it's air-sealed and completely capable of re-entry and immediate flight. From the way it flies and fights (SPOILER)you see it's fight capabilities during the assault on lunatic pandora it's highly advanced and it is kinda surprising the Gabaldians never saw it during the Estharian-Gabaldian war, since who wouldn't love to have a space capable fighter plane something that can disappear from radar only to re-appear over head of critical installations. Though I suppose the arrival of Laguna in Esthar and the defeat of Adel possibly had something to do with this. How the Ragnarok ended up abandoned drifting in orbit close to the lunar space station I will not theorize on. All I will say is, Squall and Rinoa we're damn lucky it was.
    Im guessing that it wasnt made until after the war, seeing as the estharians only went to space to lock adel up there. Ragnarok was probably made to carry the seal up there.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Aerith's Knight View Post
    Im guessing that it wasnt made until after the war, seeing as the estharians only went to space to lock adel up there. Ragnarok was probably made to carry the seal up there.
    I thought that this was the case, too, but the game establishes that it was the flagship of Esthar until it was used to send Adel into space, so it must have been created before or during the reign of the sorceress.

As posted by Mr. Burns:

Quote Originally Posted by Final Fantasy VIII
    Spaceship Ragnarok
    Esthar's space shuttle. Based on an ancient Centra legend of the Dragon Ship. Esthar's finest scientific technology was used to build it. Esthar's flagship, until it was used to send Adel's Tomb into space.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Steve Steve Steve Steve Iceglow's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Other moot point to note: The war with Esthar and Gabaldia ended suddenly with the disappearance of Sorceress Adel and the mysterious withdrawl of all Estharian forces not to mention the entire city of Esthar disappeared behind a magical/technological screen making the city impossible to find. Laguna defeated Adel with trickery and becomes president of Esthar, seems since it's obvious he believes the war to be a foolish enterprise yet fought in the Gabaldian army against the Estharians that he would automatically give the order for the forces of Esthar to withdraw. I wouldn't say it's a surrender it's more an "We're done here" The use of the Ragnarok to send Adel in to space was clearly something that had to be done since left on the surface of the planet someone would have tried to free her (a supporter of the sorceress, someone deeply controlled by her) She was sent to space where her powers could reach no one on the earth's surface. Like I said in my first post, I only question how the Ragnarok became abandoned in space drifting so close to the sorceress and the lunar space station. Perhaps it was flown on auto-pilot in to space with 0 crew to make sure Adel couldn't influence them but then with the lunar space station they surely could have sent a party to retrieve the Ragnarok.

A Space Battle Ship whose only purpose is to help Esthar passengers to travel on Lunar Base safe and sound. (Those armaments aren't just for show you know)

The world of silence maybe a cold and bitter one; like the deep wastes of the arctic regions, it is fit for neither man nor beast. Holding one’s tongue may be prudent, but it is an act of rejection; silence build walls – and walls are symbols of failure.