Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: So can we officially put the xenosaga series in its deathbed now

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Takahashi is a dreamer and a writer I'm afraid. Hell Xenogears is proof since its also half finished. Monolith Soft is proof as well since he formed the company cause Square didn't appreciate his vision. Some people can come up with good ideas but it doesn't necessarily mean they know how to go about executing it properly. The Xeno series is proof of that I'm afraid.

Takahashi just should have written the story and then teamed up with someone who would know how to translate that story into a video game setting.

The best way to go about something like this is to start off small and then if the money rolls in start getting bigger.

To try to start things off huge to begin with is just a poor idea and nobody who is putting money into it is going to back it.

I also think that since Takashi was pretty much demoted during the project shows that he wasn't real willing to listen to advice. And that is the worst type of business person their is. Someone who doesn't have a good grasp of things to begin with but also isn't willing to listen to others.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I think that the Xenosaga series sent out a knell when Soraya Saga was asked to leave the project.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Maybe the story will come out as three more animated movies or three more graphics novels?
    Recently beaten: Alundra 1, Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core
    Currently playing: Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift, Final Fantasy I
    Will play next: The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, Mass Effect, Fallout 3(???)
    *Last Update 7-25-2008

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonsoul View Post
    graphics novels?
    Actually, that's a really good idea. Graphic novels, or just novels in general... comitting the storyline to a medium like that might actually allow it some breathing room. I think I'd enjoy that.
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

You naysayers are annoying.
    Like all the people who crawl out of their holes every year to say "the Legacy of Kain series is over."

No one's saying it's not over. We just have hope there might some day be a new game. Just let us have our hope. It's not like we only live for this hope and cling to it. It's just one of those things you'd like. Like I'd love to win the lottery but the odds are slim.

So don't come and tell me "put your hopes of winning the lottery to rest". Because maybe I'll win someday. And maybe a new LoK or Xeno game will be made.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I know LoK series has moved around a bit but I don't think it has as bad as a rep as Xenosaga did. It depends on what Nintendo wants to do with Monolith Soft. Right now they have them making some nice DS titles (that suffer from long drawn out story sequences I've read ) Who knows, maybe Episode IV will be released around the same time Duke Nukem Forever is released

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Forsaken Lover View Post
    No one's saying it's not over. We just have hope there might some day be a new game. Just let us have our hope. It's not like we only live for this hope and cling to it. It's just one of those things you'd like. Like I'd love to win the lottery but the odds are slim.
    I think that it is necessary to accept facts.

One of my favorite series is LUNAR localized by Working Designs. I wanted to see a sequel to the game after Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete was released, but a new Lunar game hasn't been made in years aside from a side story game on the Nintendo DS localized by another company; furthermore, Working Designs no longer exists, so...
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Posts Occur in Real Time edczxcvbnm's Avatar

There is not going to be a new game. At some point Namco announced that Xenosaga IV was in the works along with 2 Xenosaga DS games. All of these games were cancelled. I think one of the DS games was Frontier or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeromus_X View Post
    I still need to finish the first one. =(
    yeah...me too. i hear it the hardest one to get through. not in that it`s a hard game, but boring as hell.
    I fell asleep during a battle once...so damn boring.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Proxy View Post
    yeah...me too. i hear it the hardest one to get through. not in that it`s a hard game, but boring as hell.
    Lol! I actually felt that XSII is the hardest to get through cause the games combat is long winded and the story feels like the Reader's Digest version of it all (which is true if you read the plot summary in XSIII)

I'm more then willing to just let it die at this point. I liked Xenosaga III but ultimately it only fixed about half of the problems I had with the series. Unless the new Monolith Soft DS games hold any surprises, I doubt we're missing anything brilliant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf Kanno View Post
    Lol! I actually felt that XSII is the hardest to get through cause the games combat is long winded and the story feels like the Reader's Digest version of it all (which is true if you read the plot summary in XSIII)
    I kinda just wanna play III and then trade them in. Or sell them or something.
    Do I really need to play the other 2?

FFXIV Character

Efes Ephesus (Adamantoise)

Good riddance.
    I like Kung-Fu.

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

I kinda just wanna play III and then trade them in. Or sell them or something.
    Do I really need to play the other 2?
    There's summaries for the previous games in three, but it's probably best to play them. About the same as watching Return of the Jedi and having your friend explain A New Hope and The Empire Strikes Back--it can work, but you'll be missing out.