Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: South Park.

Grin South Park.

I'm impressed by the fact that this show is still going strong after more than 10 seasons. It's still amazingly funny, and everytime I see an episode I simply laugh my ass off. It's great.

So, what do you think of the show?

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

It's funny, but not as outlandishly funny as it used to be. Either their ideas just aren't as funny or after 12 years of it on the air, we've developed a resistance to south park humor.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

I didn't think that the first couple of recent episodes were that funny. They still do their social commentary, but it's hit or miss as to whether it's funny or not.
    Figaro Castle

I agree with Mullet.

It's really hit or miss sometimes when it comes to the episodes. The last 2 have been funny, but the episodes before that this season were lacking. Overall I still love the show though

THE JACKEL
    add me, PSN: ljkkjlcm9

Blog Entries

I still think it's funny. But then again I hardly ever watch it on a regular basis and never have :P

Shlup's Retired Pimp Recognized Member Raistlin's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Editor

South Park is still great. The start of this season was pretty weak, but the last few episodes have been solid. Just because it may not be as awesome as some of the middle seasons doesn't mean it isn't still better than almost everything else on TV.

It was more funny when they werent trying to parody everything that happens in real life. I know they always did this but now its as though they cant come up with anything original.

The show needs more Mecha-Streisand and Starvin Marvin.

permanently mitten
    Goddess of Snacks
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

A lot of the time, they're really heavy-handed with the social commentary. Sometimes it's funny and I enjoy it. Like the episode with the Giant Douche vs. Turd Sandwich, but other times it's just like, eehhh. I get it, no need to shove it down my throat. The political episodes aren't really my favorites. Of the recent episodes that I really liked is last Season's finale, The List. The ending just made me laugh and laugh.

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Initially I never saw the attraction of South Park but having actually given the show a proper chance, I was very impressed and became a fan. Some of the jokes are simply brilliant and I enjoy the social commentary on the whole. I've not seen much of it lately; I think the most recent episode I've seen is the one about the Snuke. Nonetheless it's a programme I enjoy and one I watch when I have the time to do so.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

One thing I've been getting tired of with recent seasons is the amount of excessive gore in violent scenes. It doesn't add anything and seems like a lame attempt at shock value.
    Figaro Castle

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

But the entire premise of the show is shock value. When the show was new, kids in high school were like 'did you see this new show south park? They swear like crazy in it!'

South Park was always violent, its the fact that it had a cheaper look back when it started that made it look less graphic.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I thought last nights was the funniest so far this new season. Cause you know it's true that we'd be running around yelling, "There's no internet to tell us why there's no internet!"

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I don't think the new season has been very good compared to most seasons, but it's generally still pretty entertaining. I agree that South Park is at its best when it's completely ridiculous and not attempting to be so heavy-handed with the social commentary. Some of those episodes are brilliant, but sometimes I just want a giant taco who s multicolored ice cream. That's just smurfing brilliant.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by Raistlin View Post
    South Park is still great. The start of this season was pretty weak, but the last few episodes have been solid. Just because it may not be as awesome as some of the middle seasons doesn't mean it isn't still better than almost everything else on TV.
    QFT