Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Itchy Itchy, Stuffy Stuffy

Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Default Itchy Itchy, Stuffy Stuffy

I hate allergies. Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! Hate! I can't smell anything and my eyes are itchy. Do you have allergies? What symptoms? To What? What do you do?

I am allergic to pollen, and it only gets bad enough to notice around this time. I take Benadryl though, and the symptoms clear out in 15 minutes. It stll is annoying though, because I can't fully enjoy the nice spring weather.

Very VIP person Tech Admin Rantz's Avatar
    Articles

Not one allergy pains this body of mine, no siree!

EoFF's Laundry Goddess ~*~Celes~*~'s Avatar
    Blog Entries

i get itchy, stuffy, sneezy, and watery. =[ Right now I'm sneezy and kind of stuffy, a bit of itchy.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Relm

Oh, allergies. Why do you do this to me?

Hayfever - Rapeseed and grass in particular. Sneezing, watery eyes and itchy eyes are the worst. It comes in bouts, really - one year I'll have it really really bad and the next it won't be so bad and then the next it'll hardly be there at all! I have some prescription antihistamines which help a ton - I used to buy the ones from a shop but they didn't help me at all.

Certain fruits and vegetables - There is something in certain fruit and veg that makes my throat itch and swell like crazy. Eeek. I just try to avoid the ones that do this, or eat very little of them.

Mosquitoe bites - Itchyness, swelling, pussing for days. It's gross and drives me insane. Lots of insect repellent for me on summer nights.

Certain metals - I don't buy any jewellery anymore that isn't silver, stainless steel or white gold.etc because some other metals make me come out in hives and itch me like mad. I don't know what ones in particular, though.

Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting.

I'm not allergic to anything! *poses*
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

Blog Entries

Not really. dry air bothers me more

Back of the net Recognized Member Heath's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

I'm allergic to pollen and sensitive to things like dust and mould and the like. Cats are another one. If there's one cat in the room, I should be okay provided it isn't right next to me or something, but if there's more than one my eyes will water and itch and I'll be sneezing like mad. Thankfully I've got some antihistamines to help with my allergies though.
    Not my words Carol, the words of Top Gear magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Jess View Post
    Chlorine and sun - A weird allergy. If I swim in the pool on a sunny holiday I have to have a full shower afterwards before going back to sunbathing/sitting in the sun. I can't just rinse off. I have to get all the chlorine out of my hair and bikini because otherwise when I go back to sunbathing it will make me come up in hives/a rash wherever my clothes/hair is resting.
    Man, that sounds really annoying.

Anyway, I'm allergic to some kind of rubber. I'm not sure which kind, but I've gotten hives from certain pool animals and swimming rings. Luckily it doesn't happen that often, but I still tend to not be in contact with pool animals/swimming rings for longer than maybe 5-10 minutes, just to be sure.

Blog Entries

I used to be really bad with hayfever, but that seems to have grown out. I am allergic to beer though. Can't drink the stuff.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Your very own Pikachu! Banned Peegee's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Grin

Everybody has allergies. It's your body's way of ridding itself of irritants from the outside world. I however have none of the typical allergies like ragweed and tree bark and peanuts and strawberries and water.

Contributions
    • Hosted the Ciddies

For those of you who get hayfever: I was told that if you eat local honey then it will reduce the symptoms of your hayfever. I don't know if it actually works, though.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

My ex-boyfriend said that he's allergic to strawberries, and I told him that eating more strawberries and drinking more strawberry milkshakes will cure him, but he didn't listen to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Balzac View Post
    I am allergic to beer though. Can't drink the stuff.

I pity you
    The messenger is standing at the gate
    Ready to let go
    Ready for the crush
    Too late for whispers
    Too late for the blush
    The past is mercy
    When the future is aglow

A Big Deal? Recognized Member Big D's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I suffer allergic rhinitis - chronic hayfever, basically. It's a nuisance in spring and summer, but medication can control it.
    My ex-boyfriend said that he's allergic to strawberries, and I told him that eating more strawberries and drinking more strawberry milkshakes will cure him, but he didn't listen to me.
    Allergies do not work like that. It's a very common misconception, one that's extremely dangerous to people who actually suffer allergies. A true allergy - rather than a mere sensitivity - means a person is genetically incapable of coping with the allergen in question. I have a friend who very nearly died when a relative secretly gave her "just a little bit" of a plant chemical that she's allergic to.

Strawberry Virus Recognized Member Marshall Banana's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Developer
    • Site Design
    • Forum Design

I know; I was just being silly. XD