Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Convince me to buy this game

Quote Originally Posted by Omecle View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nozkits View Post
    I was a BRD/THF and caught a lot of flack for it. I performed better than the Brds who sub it with the usual WHM. It was a lot of work, but it was worth it if I was allowed to do my own thing, and enjoy playing the game for once instead of having to lvl up my WHM (which I didn't want to do because I hate mage jobs).
    Except that /THF brings absolutely nothing to the party whatsoever, and any Bard that can play his/her job right will do a lot better if they subbed something that complimented it such as White Mage. It's a shame that you hate mage jobs, because Bard is pretty much a mage (support) job.

By the way, I highly suspect you are someone that got banned from here for being a total douche. Lordblaser... Lordblazer... Something... Something...? I'm probably wrong, just suspicious.

I dunno who that is, but I did play on Diabolos server.

I actually enjoyed my Dragoon job, but just didn't have the time to level it. Then that's when I got bored with the game.

Granted I was on for almost 3 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahamut2000X View Post
    Just play a BRD, you can go naked and still get good exp.

Seriously. I partied with a 63 BRD once who didn't have Ballad 2, any gear his level, and only melee'ed and cast a single song like once an hour. It's scary what people let support jobs get away with.
    I kept really up to date with spells. The problem with being a bard is that people bombard you with their invites if you don't hide your character info. Then at times if you do join and you lvl up, but you forgot to buy a scroll for a spell you need. You do catch it for that, but it really isn't that bad because they're more expected to be the ones to backup heal despite the low mp.(Though I believe it's extremely helpful at higher levels).

Feel the Bern Administrator Del Murder's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Quote Originally Posted by Spuuky View Post
    One more question, which I don't think has been answered: what is the penalty for death?
    Up until level 25 it's 10% of exp needed to level up.
    25+ it's 8%. Cap is 2,400.

If you get a Raise you get 50% of lost exp back.
    After level 50 Raise II and Raise III give you 75% and 90% back. Basically if you get an appropriate raise it's not that much.

The other option would be to warp back to your home point.

K.O. - FFXIclopedia - a Wikia Gaming wiki

If you browse this site you might see more reasons to play this game. It's very extensive and I use it every day.

Proud to be the Unofficial Secret Illegal Enforcer of Eyes on Final Fantasy!
    When I grow up, I want to go to Bovine Trump University! - Ralph Wiggum

Zachie Chan Recognized Member Ouch!'s Avatar
    Articles

FFXIV Character

Swygwyrd Eryistyrmstn (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Hosted Screenname Competitions

All this talk is making me want to get the game again to play during the summer. >_<

I wonder if you've caved in yet, Spuuky? I've never seen us go on this long trying to convince someone to play this game. Surely you must be won over.

Quote Originally Posted by nozkits
    I mean ignore the mazes if you're from windy. Ignore bubumuru. I mean just ignore that whole region, and take a 2 hour run out of your way to selbina to get a party in the dunes.
    Seriously. Some of my fondest memories of that game were of a bunch of us newbs playing through Shakrami and Bubumiru around launch. It was always this chaotic "RUN FOR THE ZONE!!!" from ghouls and goblins and scorpions. Except not the irritating kind of chaotic you find so often in the Dunes. It was more like, "rofl look at how dead I am -- this game is so COOL! Again, again!"

I'm not even being sarcastic. This game is seriously awesome if you just take the time to enjoy it and explore a bit. It's even better if you make friends to play with, because you're not expected to take it so seriously, and you can make mistakes as long as everyone's just having fun.

Then again, I have yet to progress past level 50. Perhaps I'm having a little too much fun.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

I forgot to mention the other penalty for death is a 'weakness' state where you will be at 10-20% max hp and mp and your abilities will be severely limited. This lasts about 10 minutes.

I'm pretty certain weakness is only 5 minutes. Though Raise II and III lower the time your weakened. Well maybe not II, but I know III does.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Administrator
    • Hosted the Ciddies

Maybe it just seems like longer.

Just checked the wiki on it, 5 minutes. However if you warp while weakened or HP out of Dynamis when you die you get a 10 minute weakness. So depending on what you do it can last longer then normal.
    This space intentionally left blank.

Not responsible for WWI Citizen Bleys's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Bleys Maynard (Sargatanas)
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

It's definitely under 10 minutes. Usually when I get raised, I go for a smoke and it's gone by the time I get back. I can easily drag back 2 cigarettes in 10 minutes. I'm lucky to get a smoke, a pee, and a coffee in before I'm unweakened and rested to full HP (and MP if applicable. Which it is on my SAM, since I have capped MP merits and walmart turban, giving me more MP than most Galka plds.)