Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: <3 Music

Default <3 Music

I love music. I love all kinds of music. I can talk about music all day. It effect my mood dramatically, and basically controls my life.

Just wondering if any of you have a uncanny passion for music. What genres do you love, hate, or just don't even care about?

Also a musician. Anybody else?
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

I can't put into words how much I love music. It's a huge part of my life, it's one of my hobbies (although I'm not a musician) and as I said I just overall love it. I can't imagine my life without it.

VICIOUS GEEK SOOT~ヽ(`Д´)ノ scrumpleberry's Avatar

I love music, it's fabby. It affects me much more than any other form of media. I used to play the guitar for a bit.

Music is seriously the only thing that interests me in life.

Yes. Often I will listen to the radio/iPod (more the latter lately) rather than watch the television.

Although I'm not musical, I'd love to learn to play the guitar. Once I get all this stuff out of the way, I will maybe get one.

"I work in one of those humble call centres... Apparently, what we're doing at the moment is 'sprinkling our magic along the way'. It's a call centre, not Hogwarts." ~ Caroline Garlick, Ayrshire, BBC News Magazine

tech spirit
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Mirage Askai (Sargatanas)

I can hardly go anywhere without a music player of some sort, and I put on music for all tasks that do not require my auditive attention.
    everything is wrapped in gray
    i'm focusing on your image
    can you hear me in the void?

I think music is the only thing that hasn't disappointed me as much as anything else in life. It's a huge part of my life. My iPod is like my child. xD

I don't have hate for any genre necessarily, maybe just dislike. I mostly listen to Rock/Metal/Punk. I dislike most rap. I will listen to serious rap like Nas and Tupac. I just really dislike when some rappers rap about things like money, bitches, and hos; I don't think all rap should be like that at all. But I can't control that, so I just don't listen to it.

i'm giving up,
    on the entire human race....

I'm selling these fine leather jackets Aerith's Knight's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I play the piano, and its like sigarettes for me. I like any sort of piano music, because unlike most pop music, your whole soul gets put into playng it.. plus, playing the songs you like is just awsome.

These days, with music so easy to come by, everyone thinks they're the kind of "music person" that would have owned a zillion records in the 70s. You ask them what kind of music they like and they say "All kinds!" pause for a second and add "except metal, rap, country, and anything that isn't pop or pop rock."

I like music a lot, and I like to both casually listen to it as well as analyze it deeply whenever I feel like it. I don't really dislike any music genre, so I can listen all kinds of stuff from classical to heavy metal. To me there are only good songs with no boundaries as far as genres go.

I don't have a portable music player, though, so most of the time I listen to music at home whenever I'm doing stuff on the computer. I've been playing the piano for quite a few years now, and I've also had singing lessons as well as performed with our university's choir.
    How I met your mother, Donald Duck's parents style! Love at first temper tantrum!

Facebook | Last.fm | LiveJournal | MyAnimeList | tGAWiki

Those...eyebrows... Recognized Member XxSephirothxX's Avatar
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Former Senior Site Staff
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Site Staff

I am a music person who would've owned two zillion records in the seventies. I like all kinds of music, except rap and country.

So negative Roto. :[

Just glad it's not me. I'm collecting all musical things I can. I've got a couple of record players. Trying to find some more records. Categorizing all my music now. Still need an 8-Track and a 4-Track. Even got a Victrola and some old ass dusty records. I really do love music. I love playing it.

Collecting music on my laptop too. Only have 800 songs on it right now. Every genre imaginable too. Going to wait on ripping CDs until I get a 1 or 2 TB hard drive.

As of right now I only now how to play percussions (5 years), piano (2 years), and just about a year with acoustic. After I get better with acoustic I plan on the bass, then electric. Then onward to the violin and different horns.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    These days, with music so easy to come by, everyone thinks they're the kind of "music person" that would have owned a zillion records in the 70s. You ask them what kind of music they like and they say "All kinds!" pause for a second and add "except metal, rap, country, and anything that isn't pop or pop rock."
    Haha, I know. I run into people like this all the time. They say they like "all kinds" but then you start talking to them and the things they listen to happen to be anything except varied.

I love music. Any kind. Give me something to tap my foot to!

Serious, I can listen to anything from Polka to Death Metal.

I've been a percussionist for a good 9 years now.

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

I listen music when I'm doing just about anything. I get uncomfortable when I'm riding in a car and they won't turn on the radio. I like just about everything, except that Gangster Rap stuff and Hip hop.