Thread: Harvest Moon DS

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

Default Harvest Moon DS

I really freaking love Harvest Moon DS so far. I kind of wish I got the Cute version, but I couldn't justify paying extra for it, even with my 15% discount at Gamestop.

It's so cute! And I like mining. I hope I still like it as I get more into the game. I feel like I've only scratched the surface because I've only been mining and farming, not much interaction with the ladies, and I've not gotten any animals yet.

Does anyone else have HMDS?

I've only played Harvest Moon on the SNES. But I might be getting it.

You know, someone should make an EoFF Harvest Moon game where we have all of you pretty girls on EoFF in the game and we have Psychotic as the Mayor and NeoCracker as the priest. That'll be a lot of fun.

Gamecrafter Recognized Member Azure Chrysanthemum's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Kazane Shiba (Adamantoise)
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Just so you know, the standard DS version is notoriously buggy. These were all fixed in the Cute version.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Way to kill the magic of the moment for Rye, Void.

No, I haven't played any Harvest Moon games, but I've always considered it. I just don't have any time to get sucked into yet another game yet.

I didn't like HMDS so much. All of the girls were boring. I've loved pretty much every other edition in the series, though.

I play it lightly not trying to fully envelop myself into it like I did with all other Harvest moon games Eg(a wonderful life friends of mineral town) to name a few I also tried this with Rune factory and I actually enjoyed the game more

I just got sucked into the SNES version with my emulator, and I can't believe I'm so addicted to a smurfing farming game.

It is flipping good though If I had the DS, I'd totally get the cute version...

Anyone who says sunshine brings happiness has never danced in the rain.

Holy Dragoon Kain <3 Recognized Member KoShiatar's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I had to play that game and... I don't like it, sorry. é__è The pace is too slow, I played Magical Melody as well and it was much better in my opinion. However I could catch a glimpse of HM DS 2... and it was much better in terms of gameplay, graphics and things to do, too bad it was also horribly buggy as well. I don't know if it's out in Europe already, but I hope they fixed all of that.

I don't really like playing Harvest Moon on a handheld.

For some reason it just doesn't feel right on a small screen to me.

And yes, Magical Melody was awesome. Best one so far.

dizzy up the girl Recognized Member Rye's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Cid's Knight

This Harvest Moon isn't a good as the one on the older one on the PS2, but I still love it a lot. And yes, the girls AREN'T the same. ;; The other version's girls were better.

Oh, I agree with almost everything. The girls aren't as good (I'm a fan of the Maria/Karen/Elli crowd best though Save the Homeland had some good chicks too) but I don't particularly like any of the bachelors so I don't usually get the girl version of any HM. Except Alex from Magical Melody.

I'm liking DS though, it's the first time I've liked an HM on a handheld. I'm a huge fan of gathering stuff so the Gameboy version was just not my cup of tea. I'm not a huge fan of the "monsters" in the second mine though, or the fact that there are no power berries.