Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Metal Thrashing Mad

Default Metal Thrashing Mad

So you metalheads here, what's your favorite metal band?

My favorite has to be Metallica, since thrash just makes me go absolutely nuts with my air guitar. I've also been getting into Iron Maiden and im actually going to see them june 20th.
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Blog Entries

Well I've heard Metallica so far but I guess Dream Theater is way better. I've heard two of their cds I have 'Systematic Chaos' and I've heard over and over again 'Scenes from a Memory' ^^ My bf asked if he'd go to Rock in Rio if I'd go as well to watch Metallica I still don't know but I'd like to ^^

As far as Metal Goes, the only kind I tend to listen to Is Power, and a few others here and there.

HAven't listened to Dream Theater yet though, need to get around to it.

Right now my favorite Power Metal Band would be Kamelot.

Ghost Opera FTW!

i n v i s i b l e Tech Admin o_O's Avatar
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Humphrey Squibbles (Sargatanas)

Dream Theater are amazingly awesome, and probably deserve the top spot of my all-time favourite band. I had my drumsticks signed by <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwySEGSzwcg&feature=related">Mike Portnoy</a> (their drummer).
    My favourite album from them is Scenes From a Memory, with Images and Words a close second. Octavarium and Systematic Chaos have a very different sound in comparison to their earlier work.

Though my favourite metal band right now is Sonata Arctica, Wintersun and As I Lay Dying come very close.

I'm a lot more into thrash than most other kinds. I like Megadeth, Slayer, and Anthrax also. Im also getting into Priest, Maiden, and Sabbath.
    Active after a year? ZOMG.

But yeah when i DID post a year ago I was an ass to everyone. So sorry about that. You can totally tell I used to think i was "gangsta" just by my name. Boy have I changed.

Who's scruffy lookin'? Captain Maxx Power's Avatar

While not really thrash I'm a huge fan of Machine Head and Pantera. I'm also down with Slayer, Metallica, Megadeth and Anthrax.
    There is no signature here. Move along.

This is England
    Papa Waigo
    Articles
    Contributions
    • Hosted Eyes on You
    • Former Site Staff

Maiden probably take it overall for me, but I'm mostly into Black and Folk Metal. Enslaved, Moonsorrow, Ulver, Wintersun, Orphaned Land etc.

Couple of Tech Death/Melodic Death like Lykathea Aflame and Opeth are ones I'm into as well.

And then weird Doom Metal/Stoner Jam mashups like Boris and Orange Goblin. Sigh are also awesome, but they're more Avant Garde Black Metal than anything else.

Also quite like Nile, which is pretty strange 'cause other than that I don't really like Brutal Death Metal at all, but Nile are awesome.

Ayreon are more Opera concept rock than Metal, but they definitely have Metal roots and they kick ass so yeah.

Also, Alcest is fantastic, but it's like Post Black Metal, it's really weird. Hardly metal at all most of the time but you can definitely hear the influences of it.

Priest or Pantera. It changes with my mood.
    Lucky, lucky, lucky, lucky me again! I hardly knew I should use me feet again!

What do you have to say for yourself?

Blink 182 and Cannibal Corpse are my favourite metal bands.

Jellyfish swim by.

Megadeth and Apocalyptica mostly, but I like a lot more of metal bands.

Fragaria addict Recognized Member Momiji's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Boney King View Post
    Blink 182 and Cannibal Corpse are my favourite metal bands.
    Please tell me you're joking. Blink-182 is not a metal band, in the very least.

As for me, I don't listen to metal anymore, but my favorite band back when I liked it was Between the Buried and Me, a progressive metal band, or Atreyu, a metalcore band. I don't care for either anymore.

I went to see Nile down in LA a month ago.

I don't really have a favorite metal band anymore. It used to be Cradle of Filth, but I can't make up my mind anymore. Moonspell is awesome, Wintersun has probably one the best albums to come out in a while, my current favorite is Samael. There is so much to choose from.

Blink 182 is sooo a metal band. :rolleyes2
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by o_O View Post
    Dream Theater are amazingly awesome, and probably deserve the top spot of my all-time favourite band. I had my drumsticks signed by <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwySEGSzwcg&feature=related">Mike Portnoy</a> (their drummer).
    My favourite album from them is Scenes From a Memory, with Images and Words a close second. Octavarium and Systematic Chaos have a very different sound in comparison to their earlier work.

Though my favourite metal band right now is Sonata Arctica, Wintersun and As I Lay Dying come very close.
    Haha, I remeber sending you your first Sonata Arctica song.

Sonanta Arctica are easily my favourite power metal band.
    You hold my heart in your manly hands I wanna feel the throb of your handsome gland. I wanna hold you tight like a newborn kitten, against my flesh like a cashmere mitten. Tickly tick, I'm makin' skin bump heaven and all the way down it's lookin' cleanly shaven. Prickety pricks, it's stubble on stubble I better slow down or I'm in real trouble. Want you, touch you, feel you, taste you! Knick knack whacky whack 'till I see the man stew. spin you around let me see that hole! I'm a tunnelin' in a like a short hair mole. Once I'm inside I'm gonna leave a trace, half in there and half on that face! One finger, two finger, there fingers gone! Mano a mano I love you John!

Burzum is the best thing in metal, Hvis Lyset Tar Oss is one of the most powerfully hateful albums ever made.

Not too crazy about thrash, seen it more as a genre that broke off into different, superior stems (death & black, mainly). Master Of Puppets gets more credit than it'll ever deserve though. Kreator kicks GIANT amounts of ass, Pleasure To Kill is the best thrash album ever.

I've always liked th general idea of power metal, though the genre is so painfully formulaic now its currently one of the worst things in metal (DragonForce >.>). Kamelot is sexy though, Epica is a classic even if Ghost Opera was backwards rinky-dink crap. Dream Theater are also terribly overrated, though Awake is definitely a masterpiece in prog metal.

I really don't like hearing Alcest referred to as "post-black metal" because it really doesn't apply too much. It just happened to be a black metal band once upon a time. I see what people are saying though, I guess, the song "Printemps Emeraude" definitely has those black metal inspired lo-fi tremolo riffs, and has a lot of post-rock build-ups/downs, but I never liked hearing it called "black." I'd say its a shoegaze project, simple.

I pretty much like all forms of metal in someway, the only exception is nu-metal and I don't like most metalcore (but BTBAM <3). I'm also a huge friggin' drone dork. Boris and Earth are my homies. As are Sunn O))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))).

P.S. Lol Cannibal Corpse and Cradle Of Filth.

Boris are great because they do lots of different stuff. I like them a lot.

And btw, obv Blink 182 aren't metal, and I don't even listen to Cannibal Corpse. Truthfully I don't listen to very much metal, but I do love Between The Buried And Me and Tool (debatable).

Jellyfish swim by.