Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's been almost 2 months

No, it's a stand alone title.

As far as I know, all the Persona's are.

Persona 2 is a direct sequel to Persona (although unrelated enough that you can thankfully play through P2 without suffering through the first title). I'm pretty sure P3 is unrelated though.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

There are some minor references to the earlier games (one of which may actually connect it to the main Persona timeline) but as Karellen said story wise they are not directly connected to each other. Though I still suggest at least playing P2: Eternal Punishment as it is a fine game as well.

P3 even plays differently from the previous installments, its combat system is a more merciful version of Nocturne's (exploiting elelmental weaknesses to get extra turns while trying to prevent the enemy from doing the same.). There is a high level of strategy involved but it doesn't have Nocturne's brutal sometimes unfair difficulty, causing you frustration.

P3 is one part RPG dungeon crawler, one part dating sim... Its an odd combo but it works out beautifully and the myriad of stories you unlock through the Social Link system are not only touching and downright amusing but create a better immersion to the game world. The games an odd premise but its execution is damn near flawless.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    You know since it's an Atlus game it's only gonna get more expensive. Which sucks, cause I wanna get Nocturn but there's no way it'll fit in my price range now. But I digress, I hope the Gamestop I reserved it at has it up by the time I wake up tomorrow evening.
    Persona 3 FES will retail for $29.99 USD at most major retailers. This is a bargain compared to purchasing other new games for $39.99 or more!
    I believe in the power of humanity.

I'm still curious, do you need the original Persona 3 to play FES?
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Do Myself a Mischief Vermachtnis's Avatar

FFXIV Character

Ekhi Ysengrim (Brynhildr)

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Nope, it contains the original game but with extras. But I do not remember those bosses on the 10th floor giving me such a hard time. I love that you can chage the music in The Abyss.

When they say Hard difficulty is harder, they aren't kidding.

The difficulty jump is insane.

And for those who haven't noticed this yet,

Not only are there more and/or different questions in school, (Which really threw me off, as I just skipped through the lecture and then didn't know the answer. However I got it right, ), but the Shrine works completely different.

The Fortune Box now is used to repair social links, in addition to taking the afternoon period.

The Offering Box now garuntees an increase in Academics, (An even bigger boost if you are in great condition), but it also takes the afternoon period.

They're being tricksy in this version.

Quote Originally Posted by Vermachtnis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Nope, it contains the original game but with extras. But I do not remember those bosses on the 10th floor giving me such a hard time. I love that you can chage the music in The Abyss.
    Awesome, I'm going to get it for sure this time.
    Anon say I. Photobucket

Picked it up fine, and swapped it with the old P3 DVD case and slid it right next to the P3 artbook in the deluxe box thingy. Mmmm.... Can't wait to play, but I really need to finish Okami first. o.O
    Currently playing: Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker

Thanks for the recommendation, guys. I picked it up and I'm really enjoying it so far. Although the Persona fusing is really confusing.
    My friend Delzethin is currently running a GoFundMe account to pay for some extended medical troubles he's had. He's had chronic issues and lifetime troubles that have really crippled his career opportunities, and he's trying to get enough funding to get back to a stable medical situation. If you like his content, please support his GoFundMe, or even just contribute to his Patreon.

He can really use a hand with this, and any support you can offer is appreciated.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Its complex though it has been toned down a bit. I would brush up on your mythology if you want to get the really good stuff as well. MegaTen ties its system deeply into the legends and mythology surrounding the demons and gods you use. You will get the hang of it don't worry. Just make sure to experiment and try new things.

Well, the Difficulty spike Hard gives you kinda dies out relatively soon. After getting past Thebel, going through Arqa felt like it did on Medium.

Even the Boss at the very top of Arqa is still a pain in the ass, though nothing a little Lamia with Survive light couldn't fix.

Also, for those who are having serious problems beating the Solo Boss at the first half of Arqa, Gurr works wonders against him.

I am loving this game the more I play it. I love the all out attack animation.

Started playing "The Answer", and wow. Just Wow.

End of The Journey (SPOILER)The last two days after Nyx is defeated, your hero Is constantly tired. This plays a major part in the answer.