Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To This One

Quote Originally Posted by bdon333 View Post
    hey guys...this is actually the only ff ive nvr played ..but i just won a gba copy on ebay for 9.00...real excited to play it...anyways...what are some major things to look out for in the game so i dont miss or mess up nething..and also...whats the system in this game? (junctioning, materia, sphere grid)

^^i know its not the 3 in the parentheses ..just giving examples
    Check to be positive it isn't a counterfeit copy. Ebay is really bad about counterfeits. I'd be suspicious about that $9 price.

Besides that, just keep in mind that this game is a lot more in-depth than some may say. And always remember VI > VII.

whats all this time stuff people keep refering to cos i don't want to miss anything
    I've just found Terra in Zuzu is it? that place is a right dive!
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    Zuzu is it? that place is a right dive!
    oh no she di'n't
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

*summons Avarice*

1) while you really don't need to, it does make a very noticeable difference end game if you wait until the Magitech facility.

2) Ignore Ava, she's just an old schooler. The new Script in the GBA version is more polished then the original, only having a couple things that aren't as good. (Son of a Submariner and the final villian speach). Overall it's superior.

3) Blitz will own your soul.

Gonna Overdrive your ass! Siegfried's Avatar

Remember that with Edgar that his drill ignores defense, so any high defense bosses you dont seem to be damaging can be dispatched quickly with Edgar's Drill. Also, whenever you see a bear, kill it first, they are as annoying as crap.
    Beware of my look a like!

im now facing that bitchy octopuss again, except this time it seems to think its the phantom of the opera and is trying to knock of Celes with a weight, like wil.e coyote or something, those annoying rats keep making me run out of time to save her. (i only have Cyan and Locke with me? could i have taken more people i wasn't concentrating)
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

What are you levels? Waht magic spells have your characters leraned? What Swordtechs are available to Cyan?

Yes you could bring more but I usually opt to have Shadow in my party cause I love him. Unfortunately he leaves before the opera starts.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight
    • Former Senior Site Staff

If you're having troubles with this part, you can always head back to Narshe and recruit another person if you need to. Or you can return to Kohlington and hire Shadow from the pub. I usually take Edgar with me as his Auto-Crossbow is great for hitting multiple rats at once.
    Figaro Castle

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    whats all this time stuff people keep refering to cos i don't want to miss anything
    I've just found Terra in Zuzu is it? that place is a right dive!
    Quote Originally Posted by Roto13 View Post
    *summons Avarice*

... IT'S LIKE SHE GRABBED MY HEART AND ATE IT, AND THEN VOMMITED IT BACK UP AND SHOVED IT BACK IN MY CHEST.

And yeah, WTB faster Summoning Skills for Roto. > >

And...

IT'S.... ZOZO.

Quote Originally Posted by NeoCracker View Post
    1) while you really don't need to, it does make a very noticeable difference end game if you wait until the Magitech facility.

2) Ignore Ava, she's just an old schooler. The new Script in the GBA version is more polished then the original, only having a couple things that aren't as good. (Son of a Submariner and the final villian speach). Overall it's superior.

3) Blitz will own your soul.
    The lack of "Son of a Submariner" fills me with infinite hate.

Zozo what (hahahah bad joke shame) i know i didn't read the town name v.clearly.
    Yeah i got that octopus in the end, now i'm in the esper cave, missing Celes, I really wanted to go back for her, stupid locke.
    I'm lovin Setzer tho
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Flying Mullet View Post
    Make sure Banon is the last member in your party lineup and he's in the back row. Have him use "Health" every round and if you need to have Terra cast Cure and Sabin and Edgar use healing items.
    just wanted to say Terra should use Fire as he's weak against it and throws in some more speaking lines when you use it.

ok i just beat the octupus...now its time for scenario change...which one should i do?...is there a good order for gear or nething?...and do you end up doing all the scenarios neways?

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

u do all the scenario's, i did Cyan and Sabin first which is a goodun cos theres this brill bit with a train, then Celes and Locke which is quite short if i remember then Edgar and Terra last, but u can do it any order
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

There are rumours that if you do the Sabin scenario last that Shadow has a better chance of staying in your party a little longer (until baron falls) where as he would leave you in the forest if you did the scenario first. But really he can leave you after any battle. But you end up doing them all anyway.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!