Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New To This One

man i'm havin trouble on that island floating around thing when Ghestral and Kefka have betrayed us, after Thasmasa (sp i know) its confusin and i keep getting got ny ninja's.
    also (SPOILER)NOOOOOO LEOOOOOOOO, i loved you so, and i was totally like u and Terra's chat, snif u'll never get to finish it now whyyy oh kefka i hate u so
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    man i'm havin trouble on that island floating around thing when Ghestral and Kefka have betrayed us, after Thasmasa (sp i know) its confusin and i keep getting got ny ninja's.
    also (SPOILER)NOOOOOO LEOOOOOOOO, i loved you so, and i was totally like u and Terra's chat, snif u'll never get to finish it now whyyy oh kefka i hate u so
    I usually make a three man party that doesn't include Celes. (SPOILER)If you do this, you can recruit Shadow at the beginning and in the course of events some interesting stuff happenes...

If you are having issues due to lack of abilities or what not. There is an island in the upper right hand corner. It mostly has Rabites but there is a famous rare monster on the island called Intangir... If you are playing any of the non-GBA versi0ons of this game, a simple Doom/Death spell will take him down (though he counters with Meteo). He gives you a ton of AP for killing him. The GBA version is trickier to beat cause the removed the horribly cheap Vanish/Doom trick. Course if you can beat him fairly and keep your whole party alive in the process you should be capable of taking down most enemies. Otherwise, level up in the region surrounding Strago and Relm's hometown for exp.

Fortune Teller Recognized Member Roogle's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Roose Dorvauldar (Gilgamesh)
    Contributions
    • Former Administator
    • Former Senior Site Staff

Quote Originally Posted by PeneloRatsbane View Post
    also
    You may want to try using different styles of attacks on the Ninja. I think I used a bunch of status effect spells on him to try and slow him down because I knew I couldn't kill them quickly enough.
    I believe in the power of humanity.

Old school, like an old fool. Flying Mullet's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Administrator
    • Former Cid's Knight

Once Shadow had a few levels under his belt I found throwing elemental skeans, bolts, etc... to be lethal to just about everything on the Floating Continent. Try the Bolt Edges and Bolt 2 on the Ninjas. They're weak to lightning-based attacks.
    Figaro Castle

thanks for the tips guys, i'm really enjoying this game. the first time i tried to play it (was before i played XII and got good at playing final Fantasy) i got stuck on the first encounter with Kefka (weak i know!) and then my lil bro's friend wiped my memo card (Including my VII up to the north cavern but not finished yet file) which was annoying
    ...It is because there is a limit to time that we wish for nights that never dawn.
    Eternity is just an empty illusion and is why feelings of being able to believe in one another are born...
    Remember that well.

i missed genji glove from ganon and ribbon from mansioni along with other mansion items....should i restart?...cannot go back right now to get them

WOW!!!! 8)
    PLAYING CHRONO TRIGGER DS ATM

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bdon333 View Post
    i missed genji glove from ganon and ribbon from mansioni along with other mansion items
    I assume you mean from Banon. Dont worry, you can find other Genji Gloves. You'll find more ribbons too but theyre not too useful anyway. If by mansion you mean the big house in South Figaro then dont worry, you can go back later.
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

hey anyone got any tips for fighting the Atama Weapon?
    he keeps getting me
    Remember that well.

Memento Mori Site Contributor Wolf Kanno's Avatar
    Articles
    Blog Entries
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

Where are you in the game and who is your party?

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Are you on the Floating Continent, PeneloRatsbane? You can kill Ultima Weapon easily by teaching everyone Rasp and taking its MP down to 0.

ohh sweet, i will do.
    I am on the floating continent, does he pop up again then?
    thanks for the tip
    X
    Remember that well.

Articles
    Blog Entries

FFXIV Character

Contributions
    • Former Administator

Yes, you might see a creature similar to Ultima Weapon later in the game. I think that you will be able to beat Ultima Weapon by reducing his MP down to 0 because it sounds like he keeps getting you! His most powerful attacks all consume MP, so by wearing his MP down, he will use those types of attack less while you take him out.

yeah i got him with the rasp taking away MP move, thanks guys.
    but omg the event that occured, this game is awesome its got the twists and turns that made vii so cool and i felt that were lacking in Viii, ix and X
    Celes is pretty messed up lol
    Remember that well.

Blog Entries

Did you remember to wait for shadow before jumping off the floating continent?
    Kefka's coming, look intimidating!
    Have a nice day!!

Nerfed in Continuum Shift Recognized Member Zeromus_X's Avatar
    Contributions
    • Former Cid's Knight

I was going to suggest getting the Espers Zona Seeker and Golem from the Jidoor Auction house, but now that you're in the second half of the game, they'll be a bit cheaper. Zona Seeker casts Shell on the party, and Golem will absorb physical attacks for the party until his HP runs out. They're both really useful Espers and I always use their summons for the entire game, so make sure you get them.